Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Ring of fog/ trading lantern question

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

So I would really like to have have the ring of fog for a choice scenario. However after joining the forest hunters and failing for almost 30 mins to kill anyone ( really at this point it's all people who pvp all day long and I suck) I was thinking of trading the lantern to snugly in exchange for the ring. My question is will there be a lantern again in tomb of the giants in the pit always? Because the one I have now I got from a necromancer

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Yeah there'll be more than one then.

Though I really recommend either getting the Sunlight Maggot helm with the light effect from Lost Izalith or the Cast Light spell (requires 14 Int) from Dusk so you don't have to give up your shield in Tomb of the Giants.

TowerSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Huh, I played through for the first time recently, and had a different experience. I put the ring on and fairly quickly got challenged by the same person three times. After winning by a small margin the first two times, the third time they backed off a cliff and died.

If you've only ever had one lantern, I assume the other one is still there. If you happen to have 14 Int and the DLC the cast light spell is a superior option.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Jackel2072

Ok cool thank you much

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.