Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Show us your build.

perilator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By perilator666

Here's mine.

SL81 Bandit Str build

Vit 20 - Att 14 - End 34 - Str 40 - Dex 18 - Res 11 - Int 14 - Fth 12

Black Knight Sword +5, Fire Greataxe +5, Lightning Claymore +5, Devine Great Club +5

Hollow Soldier Shield +10

Elite Knight Set +6 (Considering using Black Iron instead, cause it looks badass.)

I wasted a few points in Attunement and Int for two reasons. To make room for another Heal miracle and to be able to use Cast Light (I don't like having to sacrifice my shield to use the lantern). I'll make that up by going a few points over 120 with either Vitality or Endurance. It's working out pretty well so far. I don't plan to take Strength any higher mostly because of diminishing returns over 40. Also I'm not really interested in any of the 50Str weapons or shields.

My first couple of characters were Dex builds but without a BBS equivalent, it never felt right. Str is working out a lot better than I thought it would.

Let's see yours.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By TobbRobb

I'm not actually done with the the first run, but what the hell. Just picked up the lordvessel with this:

SL61 Wanderer DEX Build

Vit 22, Att 12, End 26, Str 16, Dex 40, Res 12, Int 11, Fth, 8

Quelaags Furysword +5, Pyromancer Flame +10, Pharis Black Bow +5

Eagle Shield +10

Ring of Favor and Protection, the other ring is situational.

Gold Hemmed Black Hood and cloak, Silver Knight Gauntlets, Havel's Legs.

EDIT: Updated

perilator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By perilator666

Oh right, I should also mention I'm using Havels Ring and the Wolf Ring. The extra poise is godsend. If I end up switching to the Black Iron Set, I'll probably swap the Wolf Ring out for something else. Cloranthy maybe. I always switch rings depending on the situation but there's no way I can let Havels Ring go with the End I have now.

I'm gonna try to make another dex build again soon. Just waiting for the right inspiration to come along.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Chop

I have several characters, but this is by far my favorite and the one I plan on taking through NG+

SL 65 Sorcerer

Vit 15, Att 34, End 8, Str 10, Dex 11, Res 8, Int 50, Faith 8

Tin Crystallization Catalyst/Logan's Catalyst, Pryo flame +15

Dark Hand, Crest Shield

Ring of Favor and Protection, Bellowing Dragon Crest Ring

Big Hat, Witch Cloak, Witch Gloves, Antiquated Skirt

TerraMantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By TerraMantis

SL 137

Vit-31, Att-16, End-43, Str-43, Dex-19, Res-22, Int-9, Faith-36

Chaos Balder Side Sword +5, Lightning Washing Pole +5, Pyromancy Flame +5 (actually +20), Ivory Talisman, Eagle Shield +15

Dark Mask +5, Dark Armor +5, Havel's Gauntlets, Havel's Leggings, Cloranthy Ring, and Ring of Favor and Protection

Wasted a few points here and there on Dex, Res, and possibly Str. At one point i was kind of planning on going for 50 str for the Dragon Greatsword, but i really like the Washing Pole and one-handed swords in general.

I love miracles for PvP. Wrath of God or Great Combustion mixed with Tranquil Walk of Peace are a very deadly combination. I just started working on faith in NG+ so i'll probably make a really good occult weapon soon. I also try to keep my Humanity at 30 to maintain my chaos blade at full damage and my item-find maxed.

Soffish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Soffish

Well, I think I had about 36 in strength and 30 in vit/end when I finished the game. As for weapons I used a lightning zweihander and a fire greatax, both of which were pretty damn effective. For defense I used havel's armor, the greatshield of artorias and the wolf ring, which seemed to work out pretty well. I started over as a pyro/dex character and I can't say I'm enjoying it very much, I miss my zweihander...:(

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Nux

Pyromancer SL54,

Vit 20, Att 23, End 18, Str 34, Dex 12, Res 12 Int 10, Faith 8

Lightning Spear +3 and Raw Man-Serpent Greatsword +5, Knight Shield +5 Quelana's flame +5

Gold Hemmed set, Havel's ring, Ring of Steel Proection. I sometimes use the Hornet Ring in place of Havel's Ring

xatmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By xatmos

When I completed the game I was SL40 with 9vit 9end and no stats over 20. I used a Lightning Iaito +5 (just for cool factor), Hollow Warrior Shield +15 (85 stability), Dusk Crown (sorcery boost), and some mix of light garb that I thought looked alright (upgraded to +6). I usually used the backflip ring and the sorcery boost ring, swapping for situational stuff. I used pyro from a maxed flame to kill most enemies.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Sanious
    Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nadril

Cleric SL66 

Vit 26 Att 19 End 16 Str 24 Dex 14 Res 11 Int 8 Faith 30 

RH1: Lightning Great Scythe +5 
    RH2: Pyromancy Flame +3 (Ascended) 
    LH1: Bloodshield 
    LH2: Canvas Talisman 

Half Havels armor (chest+legs) half gold hemmed (helm + gloves) 

Havels ring + Ring of favor and protection.  

Only part I messed up on is I have too much str. Still a pretty OP character for pvp though. Tranquil walk + Great combustion = rage. My other character is SL125 but I messed up hard on his stats. 

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pessh

My build, could use some help. Using the knight shield, elite knight armour and drake sword. Would like to use a different weapon but everything I've found has such low attack it doesn't seem worth spending my shards on. Any weapon recommendations? And as I've been using the drake sword, havn't been upgrading my dex/strength much. Most of my points have gone into vit and end so far, don't want to over level them though, and don't want to spend another 30k souls on them only to find out a need a major strength upgrade in a ten minutes. Using Havel's ring so not opposed to a quicker build, any suggestions are welcome really, bit lost at the moment. Oh and just got the fireball spell and quite liked that even though I was sure I wasn't going to dabble in magic. Anyway, heres my stats.

Vitality 19 (Had to bump this up quite high as I was cursed)
    Attunement 10
    Endurance 18
    Strength 17
    Dexterity 12
    Resistance 10
    Intelligence 9
    Faith 11

And no you 'pick whatever, you can't go wrong please,' not very helpful lol. Thanks in advance, DS community is so awesome.

(About to fight Gaping Dragon for reference)

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nadril
    @Pessh

My advice is to go to http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Weapons there and find an "end game" weapon you would want to use. Keep in mind that right now that most of the weapons that take demon/dragon/twinkling twilight are pretty poor compared to +5 lightning or +10 fire. This may change in 1.4 though (and doesn't matter that much for pve). 

But yeah right now you just want to spend enough points in str/dex to be able to use the equip you want, and then put the rest in vit and endurance. The drake sword is a fine weapon until you ring the 2nd bell honestly.  
    Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pessh: The Zweihander is pretty good for a STR build, just upgrade it as much as you can and you should be fine. Also, the Gaping Dragon is probably the easiest boss in the game so you shouldn't have too much problem with it.
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Vorbis

Ornstein Armour set, Black Knight Greatsword +5, Silver Knight Shield +5, Havels+Ring of Favor and Protection. Strength build.

I get it's not the best armour set, but it looks so good and killing Smough first started as a suicide run but ended as an obsession.

johe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By johe0

I'm in the middle of building, but right now I'm running with:

Cleric - Faith Build

SL 69

Vit 18 - Att 15 - End 31 - Str 18 - Dex 20 - Res 11 - Int 8 - Fth 30

Right Hand - Lightning Uchi or Iato +5 (I prefer the Iato for PvE, and the Uchi for PvP) / Cloth Talismin

Left Hand - Grass Crest Shield + 7 / Divine Longbow +5

Armor - Gold-Hemmed Hood / Gold-Hemmed Cloak / Havel's Gauntlet's, Havel's Leggings

Rings - Ring of Divine Favor and Protection / swapping between Ring of Fog, any of the Stoneplate Rings, Steel Protection, Evil Eye, Darkmoon Seance, Sun's FIrstborn depending on the situation.

Miracles - Heal, Force, Homeward / Great Heal Excerpt

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nadril

Because I had so many goddamn souls from PvP (like 3 million +) I decided to get up to 125 (well SL127) for that bracket instead. 

SL127 
    Vit 50 - Att 23 - End 49 - Str 24 - Dex 14 - Res 11 - Int 8 - Faith 30 

1800 HP, 192 Stamina, 48.9/99.6 Equip Load. 

+5 Lightning Great Scythe, +5 Pyromancy Flame (Ascended) 
    Bloodshield, Canvas Talisman. 

Darkwraith helm/gloves, Havels chest/legs. Dark Wood Grain ring + Ring of Favor and Protection 

Spells: 
    Tranquil Walk of Peace (feel free to call me a faggot at this point lol)  
    Wrath of the Gods (don't actually use much at all anymore... )
    Great Heal (super useful) 
    Great Combustion (so much damage lol, like 650+ on people when they don't block )
    Fire Tempest (Just wanted some big ass aoe) 
    Heal (just in case)  

Pretty much the only thing I lose to are the TWoP builds that focus around a huge ass great sword or something, just because it will stagger me and there is shit I can do about it. Also tanky builds with havels when I am invading them can be tricky since they can just pop estus.  

Kills most of everything else though.  I do wish I had a bit lower faith and Str though for the build. Still more vit after 50 doesn't do all that much and I just didn't need more endurance. (can ninja roll at my current state) 

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By McShank

Mine is my Platinum trophy winning character! Not my real pvp build though sadly : /

Stats are in the same order as the game. To lazy to type each one out

Lvl - 260

50 , 50 , 99 , 50 , 40 , 11 , 21 , 21.

Farmed alot to get each trophy and because i wanted to wear heavier stuff..

Weapon of choise - Black knight great axe / Chaos bastard sword (Both +5)

Shield - Havels great shield +5

Armor of choice -

Helmet - Crown of the Great lord / Dark Mask

Chest - Smoughs armor / Ornstein's when I need to change rings from havels to something else.

Gloves - Smoughs gauntlets

Legs - Smoughs legs

Spells - Nothing

Miracles - Nothing

Pyro - 3 greater combustion, 1 chaos fire, 2 great fire, 1 chaos fire whip, 1 iron flesh

So far, very few people have been able to take me at this level. Mostly only those who get lucky with the lag can can backstab me from the front or double team me.

johe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By johe0

Almost done with my build, just gotta get some miracles:

Cleric - Faith Build

SL 131

Vit 26 - Att 34 - End 46 - Str 18 - Dex 20 - Res 11 - Int 8 - Fth 50

1164 HP | 192 Stamina | 47.7/96.0 Equip Burden.

Right Hand - Lightning Iato / Darkmoon Talisman

Left Hand - +5 Silver Knight Shield / Ascended Pyromancer Flame +5

Armor - Gold-Hemmed Hood / Dark Knight Armor +5 / Havel's Gauntlet's / Havel's Leggings

Rings - Cloranthy Ring / Ring of Favor and Protection

Spells:

1 TWoP (yes, I know)

1 God's Wrath (again, I know)

1 Great Combustion

1 Vow of Silence

1 Gravelord Sword Dance

2 Great Heal

This is a PvP build more focused on flexebility than raw power, with TWoP and God's Wrath generally serving more as "get off me" options for anyone who has backup. And yes, I realize that this build has far too much Endurance, Faith, and Attunement.

The high End is so that my armor set still comes in under 50% total equip burden, while the extra faith is there to make my heals more powerful. The attunement lets me get away with running Vow. I need Vow because it can keep people from casting their own TWoP which this build is very much not a fan of. It also tends to disrupt any sort of spell based build obviously.

Rarari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rarari

This is my first character and the stats all kinda all over the place since I've experimented a bit with different weapons and whatnot.

Level 113

Stamina 192/ Equip load 80.0/90.0 (fatroll is for real men :P)

Vit 36

Att 12

End 41

Str 50

Dex 22

Res 11

Int 9

Faith 14

Mask of the Child, Havel's chest, legs, gloves and shield, which is +2. Wielding my trusty Flame Zweihander+10 and just a normal talisman. Spells are Heal and Iron Flesh/Force.

Rings are Favor and Protection and Steel Protection/Stoneplate/Wolf Ring/whatever I happen to need.

Could use some advice, maybe I should raise my faith/vit more?

Pieman51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pieman51

I only created one character, and recently beat the game. Seeing as this game made me quite upset. Alot. I've decided not to start a NG+ for a little while. ANYWAYS, here it is:

Soul Level - 242

Vitality - 45

Attunement - 26

Endurance - 50

Strength - 40

Dexterity - 30

Resistance - 11

Intelligence - 18

Faith - 22

--------------------------------

Armor Helmet - Gold-Hemmed Robe Hood

Armor Torso - Havel's Armor - (This changes to Gold-Hemmed when fighting Fire-Elemental Bosses)

Armor Leggings - Havel's Leggings - (This changes to Gold-Hemmed when fighting Fire-Elemental Bosses)

Armor Boots - Havel's Boots

Shield - Havel's Shield +3 (This changes to a Shield I can repost with against invaders)

Ring #1 - Havel's Ring

Ring #2 - Cloranthy Ring (This ring changes to the Fog Ring when I'm invaded)

These are my arrow slots.

Arrow Slot - DragonSlayer Arrows (100 of em')

Crossbow Slot - ???

This is my basic inventory setup when going through the levels.

Slot 1 - Estus Flask (20) +4

Slot 2 - Repair Powder

Slot 3 - Purple Clump Grass (whatever that heals poison)

Slot 4 - Mossed Purple Clump Grass (whatever that heals Toxic)

Slot 5 - White Soapstone

-------------------------------

My weapons are pretty decent too.

Weapon Slot 1 - Lightning Uchigatana +4 (This changes to Great Sword of Artorias when invaded)

Weapon Slot 2 - DragonSlayer Spear +4 (This changes to Demon's Bow when I fight ranged enemies)

My spells are iffy, but I can't really use em'.

Catalyst - Demon's Catalyst

Talisman - Thorolund Talisman

Spell #1 - Heal

Spell #2 - Replenishment

Spell #3 - Great Chaos Fireball

Spell #4 - Tranquil Walk of Peace (Slow Miracle?)

*I'm also a bit confused. I try using Great Chaos Fireball with my Demon's Catalyst, and it won't fire. It's still shaded out, like wtf? If anyone can offer me assistance, please feel free to explain what i'm doing wrong :)

I guess it's a good setup. Eventually, I'll be replacing my Lightning Uchigatana with a Magic one, due to the fact that Lightning will be nerfed soon. Oh well. Hope you guys enjoyed reading.

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gerrid

@Pieman51: You have to use the pyromancy glove to use pyromancy spells. Buy it from the guy you freed in the depths, or the egg-backed dude in the area behind Quelaag's domain.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pieman51: Great list, it really helps people earlier on in the game. A little advice though, buy a repairbox! You can forgo the repair powder and simply repair your armour/weapons with souls at any bonfire. 
    Pieman51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pieman51

@gerrid: Oh. Herp Derp. Thank You.

Pieman51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pieman51

@Vegetable_Side_Dish: Not a bad idea, but I already have a repair-box. I only use repair powder because sometimes I may be in a bit of a problem in the game, and not near a bonfire to repair my potentially broken weapons ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.