Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Side effects of heavy armor as a caster?

Ashmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ashmai

I found some elite knight armor, and can equip it. My overall equiptment load is 34 / 42. I'm not seeing any side effects, although I'm a sorcerer. As a caster focused player, what are my downsides to having sweet armor like this? Should I be just keeping my cloth armor and upgrading it at the blacksmith?

I feel much safer in this stuff!

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By xxizzypop

With an equip load that heavy, you won't be able to dodge as well. As far as I know, that's your only real drawback.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By MezZa

It'll slow you down and your roll if you're over half of your max equip load. Generally you'll want to be able to roll as fast as possible unless you have enough endurance to shield block everything. There's a ring that will increase your max equip load, but I'll just leave it at that unless you want the specifics of where it is and how to get it.

Ashmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ashmai

I appreciate it guys! Just what I needed :) I saw it slowed me down a bit, however leather seemed an appropriate fit so I went with that instead.

PS, can you sell in this game or get rid of items? I have a TON of sh%t

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By bcjohnnie

@Ashmai: Yeah, it's not like other RPG's where your class determines your gear, wear whatever you feel comfortable in, all it affects is your roll speed and run speed.

Hold on to your stuff for now, you'll be able to do something with it later...

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CaptainTightPants
    @Ashmai: You can buy an inventory box thing from one of the merchants, I forget who he is though. Its description says it allows you to organize items and I would guess it is a storage ( at your bonfire)
    Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By the_hiro_abides

@Resident4t said:

@Ashmai: You can buy an inventory box thing from one of the merchants, I forget who he is though. Its description says it allows you to organize items and I would guess it is a storage ( at your bonfire)

You can buy a "bottomless box" to clear up your inventory. Plus there's a npc later that can break things down for you for souls.

Tenryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tenryu

The really nice thing about some of the heavier armor is that if you can get your equip weight low enough through endurance/rings so that you can walk normally you're then able to equip the dark grain wood ring to roll like a faster/light character in ninja style thus having the benefits of both armor+rolling ;3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.