So I made this database thing...

#1 Posted by cocoanut (5 posts) -

So I made this database thing I wanted to share with the world.

I was thinking of making one for Dark Souls II provided there is any interest.

Praise the sun!

#2 Posted by cmblasko (1233 posts) -

This would have been extremely handy to have back when I was playing through DS. I sure would use a DS2 version.

#3 Posted by Bane (405 posts) -

That's a nice database. Bookmarked!

I found an issue though. I looked up the Moonlight Butterfly Horn and it's listed as a faith weapon in the compact view and under upgrades on its dedicated page. It's properly listed as an intelligence weapon everywhere else.

#4 Edited by cocoanut (5 posts) -

I appreciate the feedback guys.

At least it will still be relevant for another week right?

I'll tweak some of the values for the Moonlight Butterfly Horn. Thanks for letting me know.

#5 Posted by golguin (3927 posts) -

That's super handy and nicely organized.

#6 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2007 posts) -

Wow. That's just fantastic man. I really hope you do the same for Dark Souls II, mostly because this is a better reference than any of the wiki's I've seen.

#7 Posted by TobbRobb (4646 posts) -

This is.

Fucking awesome.

#8 Posted by cocoanut (5 posts) -

Well it looks like I have my answer. I'd better get to work.

Are there any features you guys would like to see for the second one? I was thinking of adding more ways to view the data (like graphs and charts).

#9 Edited by Fitzgerald (274 posts) -

Unrelated to the thread, but Jesus I just noticed on the front page that Dark Souls 2 already has over 2000 forum posts. That's gotta be some sort of website record, right?

Oh and, that database thing looks pretty sweet/useful. A DS2 version would be rad later down the line after I complete a blind playthrough.

#10 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

Looks good. I would say some improvments would be to have it be slightly larger on the text as even on a 40' led tv it still looked small and I am a lazy ass and dont want to zoom. :D

#11 Edited by ShadowConqueror (3052 posts) -

Jesus, duder. Having something like that for DS2 would be great. That seems incredibly helpful.

#12 Edited by Sterling (2287 posts) -

Sweet. The only thing its missing is the ability to sort by heading.

#13 Posted by Hippie_Genocide (579 posts) -

I just started playing DS recently, and will probably still be doing so after DS2 comes out. So for me this is awesome. Great work, duder.

#14 Edited by cocoanut (5 posts) -

Thanks for all the love duders!

@mcshank said:

Looks good. I would say some improvments would be to have it be slightly larger on the text as even on a 40' led tv it still looked small and I am a lazy ass and dont want to zoom. :D

I agree. I've been trying to think of some way to implement a mobile/non-desktop version, but I haven't come up with a great solution yet.

@sterling said:

Sweet. The only thing its missing is the ability to sort by heading.

I had a "all" category for each of the equipment types when I coded the site initially, but I removed it for some reason. It should pretty easy for me to add it back in.

#15 Posted by EdgeKasey (133 posts) -

Pretty rad, ya the ability to sort all the weapons would be great. Still it's awesome. What about a way to choose specific colours for the low/high scaling?

#16 Posted by weegieanawrench (1939 posts) -

This is pretty handy, I would also like to echo what others are saying, a DSII version would rock. You might want to try posting this to r/darksouls, I think they would dig this too.

#17 Posted by spiralcut (118 posts) -

Holy crap batman, kudos to you duder.

#18 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3319 posts) -

This is really cool duder. Looks like a lot of work. Nicely done.

#19 Posted by cocoanut (5 posts) -

Hey duders.

So here's a quick update.

I've started working on a version for Dark Souls II.

The plan is to make it bigger AND better.

I'm hoping that if I can make it good enough, Jeff will have no choice but to play, and ultimately understand, the greatness that is Dark Souls.

I'll keep you guys updated, and any of your ideas or suggestions are welcome.

#20 Edited by Rotnac (769 posts) -

This could be useful the next time I load up DS. Bookmarked. Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.