Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

So like a lot of other people, I'm starting DS1 for the first time this month, and...

Mij0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

...Quelagg is such a bitch to fight! That stupid AOE that instakills me is pissing me off to no end. I don't think I've thrown a controller this hard since my first PS2! I know that there's a tell to it, and I can time my attacks and jump away, but I keep getting her health down to a sliver and dying at the last second! This is infuriating! None of the other bosses so far have been this frustrating. Like, the gaping dragon was hard, but I figured it out, you know? This spider lady is driving me nuts.

I'm not looking for tips or anything because I want to figure it out on my own, but I just had to vent for a hot minute. Goddamn!

DFL017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha ha good luck don't break anything.

AngryHobo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AngryHobo321

There comes a time in every man's life when he must get angry at videogames. This, son, is your time. Seize the day. Praise the sun.

Memu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Neighbor called the cops on me playing DS1. I guess I was cursing and yelling "just die you fucking piece of shit" very loudly and they thought I was having a domestic fight. Funny thing is my neighbor's house is about 100 meters away from mine. Yeah, DS1 made me mad like no other game, but I completed it.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I feel like Quelagg isn't actually that bad at all but it's just compounded by general frustration from being in Blighttown cause maaaan Blighttown sucks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Such an amazing game that I never finished... maybe it's time.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I played DS1 for 4 hours two years ago - wasn't really my thing. Finished Bloodborne this year and gave it another go. At the moment I'm in the Undead Depths - I know I've still got a lot to go but I'm enjoying it. Frame rate slowdown is a real bitch. I've also been sidetracked by Ratchet and Clank, but I want to get back to it. I figure I'll pick up DS3 when its GOTY edition or whatever they call it comes out next year

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't give up, man! Quelaag was one of my first hurdles in this game, but its all worth it when you get to see "You defeated" pop up on the screen in all its cheesy glory.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I love the Quelaag fight. It's probably my favorite in the early game of 1. She has such a varied moveset, she does something at all ranges. The lava controlling the map makes you think harder about where you're standing, and she is just a straight proper challenge. Once I got Gaping on lock, he just turned into a slow endurance race, and the bosses before that are all a little gimmicky. Quelaag though, that's a fight-ass fight.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.