Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

So thats why it matters... >;-(

Bassario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bassario

I finally decided to do a boss fight with some internet ppl on my guy as opposed to just helping others for humanity

On my playthrough I like to summon an NPC phantom ... just so I know I can do it without the help of RLY OP ppl on my first play through.

Anyway sure enough, they killed Orenstein first and I got Smough's soul and started freaking out, checked my bags and then it hit me... thats why u kill one first not the other, u only get the soul of the one u kill last, is this true? and is there no way to get the other soul at all until NG+? I was really looking forward to the spear... if the hammer is the only thing the other souls is good for I might aswell eat it now coz It is completely useless to me this is a Faith playthrough.

If someone can confirm these two things for sure, would be nice. Let the be an official warning to anyone else

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By VanderSEXXX

yep you'll have to kill Smough 1st in the next playthrough to get Ornstein's soul. Unless if summoning another or being summoned by another player you can communcate a trade, though I've never done that before.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Karkarov

You also get access to the armor of the one you killed last later. So take comfort in the fact that even though you will look like an idiot wearing it Smough's armor is arguably the best in the game. If not the best definitely one of the top 3-5.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mosespippy

Can you drop boss souls? If so then you could summon me and I could give you my Ornstein's Soul. I don't plan on getting the spear for my build, don't need the souls and already have the trophy for all rare weapons.

Edit: If you can't drop boss souls then I could just make the spear and drop it instead.

Bassario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bassario

@mosespippy said:

Can you drop boss souls? If so then you could summon me and I could give you my Ornstein's Soul. I don't plan on getting the spear for my build, don't need the souls and already have the trophy for all rare weapons.

Yeah that sounds interesting, can you really drop boss souls anyone? Also, are you on PS3 and wouldnt we need to be similar levels?

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Terramagi

Yes, you can drop boss souls.

It's how you get one of the spells from Oolacile.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mosespippy

@Bassario: Yeah, I'm on PS3. I have a level 44 Cleric and a level 148 Bandit on NG++ that could do the drop. We would need to be similar levels (I'd need to be within 10% below your level I think).

Bassario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bassario

@mosespippy: That works pretty well as I am lvl 55, so does that mean you have to be between 50 and 55? I can wait, and I guess it has to be someplace where you are yet to kill a boss? If you wish to let me know where I should go do so and I will make an effort to go there ahead of time xD

Thanks and did you need anything in return? I would gladly give up the fat-man's soul or a bunch of twinking titanite? xD

Bassario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bassario

@Bassario said:

@mosespippy: That works pretty well as I am lvl 55, so does that mean you have to be between 50 and 55? I can wait, and I guess it has to be someplace where you are yet to kill a boss? If you wish to let me know where I should go do so and I will make an effort to go there ahead of time xD

Thanks and did you need anything in return? I would gladly give up the fat-man's soul or a bunch of twinking titanite? xD

Truth be told I am considering restarting anyway... as much as I adore my Great Lightning spear I get rly annoyed that half the weapons in the game I can not use as I dont have nearly enough STR. I would have been better off doing my faith or magic play through on the second go because then I will know what weapons to use in advance and exactly how high to set my str/agi meanwhile right now Id rather just try out all the black knight weapons and I cant use any of them xD

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mosespippy

@Bassario: Even if you restart you could still keep your current character and continue with it after you finish with the new character. I might as well give you the soul either way. I think I can put my sign down anywhere but you could only summon me if you haven't defeated the area boss so it's up to you where I go. Right now I can get to Demon Ruins, Great Hollow, Dukes Archives, New Londo Ruins, Painted World, Tomb of Giants and Darkroot Gardens/Basin. I'd suggest not doing it in Tomb or Darkroot due to the heavy PVP traffic in those areas. I don't need anything since I have a specific build planned out and already got most of the parts. If you could spare some Dragon Scales that would be helpful but not necessary since I don't have that weapon yet. Add me on PSN. My username is also my PSN name.

Bassario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bassario

@mosespippy: Ok I added u xD sorry I only have one dragon scale.. think it was from the sewer "dragon" or something, is it something I can farm later? I can always drop Smough's soul anyway so u can at least eat some tasty souls..

Bassario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bassario

@mosespippy: Oh, right anyway is New Londo ruins below firelink just before the two first ghosts a place this could be done? that is easy to access

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mosespippy

@Bassario: The easiest way to farm Dragon Scales is by joining the covenant that lets you invade people who have Dragon Scales and awards a Dragon Scale to the winner. The other way to farm them is an uncommon drop from the 5 Drakes in Valley of Drakes. Other than that there are only 10 other Dragon Scales (enough to fully upgrade 1 Dragon weapon).

Bassario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bassario

@mosespippy: Well I added you xD I just checked the bit of new londo I have access to and one can not use chalk there :( and other than Darkroot I dont think I even know how to access the other areas you mentioned ^_^ I have only really killed Orinstein and Smough and the bosses leading up to that as well as Sif the wolf, how about just infront of the Hydra outside the door where Havel can be found or something? Well you tell me where you would like me to go and how soon xD

Bassario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bassario

oh, I could go past the big door in Anor Londo that had the yellow mist but opened after I killed Orenstein and Smough, dunno what is past there but it is near a warp point so if thats good...

lol so hard to type on playstation....

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mosespippy

@Bassario: It won't let me place my sign down until past the bonfire and up the elevator. Looks like you are on your own for the 2 boars.

Bassario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bassario

lol sorry I didnt realise we couldnt place signs here and I am too unfamiliar with the area past Hydra (not killed it yet), is that place just past the firekeeper in armor in anor londo better? we could warp there easy.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mosespippy

I'll run around and see where I can and can't place a sign.

Bassario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bassario

Oh I see, that boar is tough lol xD

Bassario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bassario

ok, killed boars and found elevator.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mosespippy

Ok, assuming that you haven't defeated 4 Kings yet then take the elevator from firelink shrine down to New Londo Ruins. My sign is infront of the blacksmith.

Bassario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bassario

thanks again for trying, I think I will aim towards that faith hammer that is dropped by some Paladin instead xD it looks good. I cant get Orinstein's armor anyway on this playthrough so I am not that fussed, and I have a lot of STR building to go if I am gonna try get that hammer lol

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By darkvare

have you gone back to the starting part of the game?

nitronomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nitronomicon

one possibility when summoning help for S&M is to leave a message on the ground either "bean pole" or "fatty" first. i think most players by now know that beanpole is ornstein and fatty is smough. just jump up and down on the message until the summoned player gets the hint. or, as it just hit me now, send an instant message to the summoned player.

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By Bass

This is why you should always send your summons a message if you have a preference on which boss's soul (/armor/if you want the leo ring). Makes it a lot easier for your summons to know what they are doing. As someone who has been summoned for O&S quite a bit, I just send them a message first instead so I don't accidentally kill the boss they wanted the goods from.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.