Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Someone tell me why I'm awful

Ghost249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Ghost249

@mrcool11:

Four Kings, get the biggest damage weapon you have, and armor with high poise, straight smack down, if that doesn't work, get phantoms to help (if there are any or if they survive long enough) summon beatrice (so far not recommended). If you really cannot do that do not worry, you'll hate them again in NG+ or ++ then resort to Iron Flesh (IMO I wouldn't recommend it). If the armor with high poise isn't working out, choose armor your comfortable with but however maintain that high dmg weapon and two hand it and get up in the four kings grill and take them down as fast as possible. Note: avoid their AOE (Area of Effect) and their humanity stealing grab move.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MezZa

I don't have too much time to type anything to specific, so I'll just say that you are way too spread out on stats. Unless you're a mage you need more endurance. Endurance is a god send. It will save you so many times. You'll be able to block heavier hits and more frequent hits. Are you a str user, a dex user, or a faith user? You don't need all three in the 20s. Pick one to raise a lot and raise the others only high enough to reach stat requirements on your gear. It also looks like you raised your Res, which you shouldn't do.

Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Aquablak

Not sure spreading your stats among Vit, End, Str, Dex, Res and Faith did you any favors. I'd focus on Vit, End and Str. It might be helpful for you to grind out some levels in Darkroot. For a weapon, I found the Black Knight Sword to be fantastic. It swings fairly fast for a heavy sword and does great damage. Leveled up to +5 it's pretty respectable for damage. Two handing and dodging does wonders, too.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By McShank

Your weapon selection is a low damage / quick swinging sword which means you can get in a few hits fast but compared to a larger weapon, your damage will never compete with it. You will want to try backstabs as often as possible to maximize your dps output and since your armor is light armor you should have the fast roll which will help in getting behind others easier. If you are having problems with getting behind, strafing in a circle works wonders. Just make sure you have them targeted and your shield is up until you attack. If will not work all the time but if you are close enough around the side of them you should initiate the backstab. Your armor sucks but you can upgrade it to higher levels if you want to keep it otherwise you will find more very easily. (I will have a link to the armors and their stats / locations.) Have you invested anytime / souls into getting pyromancy? The 4 kings are weak to fire which pyromancy becomes one of your best friends as you can drop them very quickly without having to fight more then 2 of them at most if you do it right. It is also very helpful in pvp as when you are out of melee range you can swap to your pyro glove and start up a spell to attack someone before they can get close to you since if they run in during your cast, the chances of getting hit will be extremely high. Pvp is not for everyone and if this is your first character then I would not worry to much about it as this first character should be more about you learning about the game mechanics and where things are and how they work, and when you finish the game and feel you know enough is when you would want to make a pvp char to your specifications so you are able to enjoy it. The 4kings are also a boss that I have seen people like to fight with really heavy armor to reduce the damage taken or use Iron flesh to make the damage practically zero until it runs out. I would suggest getting great chaos fireball / combustion as they do massive damage / fast cast and will burn them down quickly and easily.

MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MysteriousFawx

@mrcool11: Your points are well divided for sure, however when you're starting your build its important to get your core stat up asap. To give you some perspective I beat 4kings at SL40, most of that being a Faith dump for a divine zweihander which I had to use 2handed. You've played smart and upgraded your weapons/armour atleast which is where most people make mistakes.

The only real problem I see is you need to pick a solid direction, or atleast have an idea of what you want your character to do and focus towards it. Jack of all trades are really difficult to pull off well in Dark Souls without some serious planning and investment. Also, see the stat called Resistance? Ignore it, biggest waste of souls, soul levels, points and generally time in the entire game.

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By SpencerTucksen

You need to focus your stats on things you'll actually use. Also, learn how to dodge and roll. I beat the first game using a level 1 without upgrades. It's the skill of the game. Not how much armor or points you threw into attack damage.

asinies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By asinies

I've distanced myself from PVP as of the most recent patch. Everyone in their mother just uses the same equipment, and always seem to be Pyromancers. It's just pathetic.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Doctorchimp

@mrcool11 said:

Does my terrible stat division merit a new character if I want to consider pvp? I've been told that all the pvp is happening around level 50-60, which if that is the case people don't seem to like me. I suppose this is a good time to just say fuck it and just beat the game on my own

very much so

AndyD74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AndyD74

@mrcool11 said:

Does my terrible stat division merit a new character if I want to consider pvp? I've been told that all the pvp is happening around level 50-60, which if that is the case people don't seem to like me. I suppose this is a good time to just say fuck it and just beat the game on my own

I'm at SL 99, and I've seen much more pvp action at this level than earlier ones.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By McGhee

@mrcool11:

From now on only pump points into Vitality and a little into Endurance.

Create a Lightning Zweihander and you'll cut through the Four Kings like butter.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Junkerman

@mrcool11: It probably just depends on your play style not being directly suited to playing this type of game. For example I find this type of game very "easy", but thats because I play games VERY methodically and slowly, I move at a snails pace carefully analyzing my objectives and surroundings, hoarding supplies. Try playing the game with a different mindset, focus on surviving like each life of your character is his last.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.