Something's Coming for Dark Souls

• 88 results
#1 Posted by xyzygy (10079 posts) -

Check it out here

Possibly the announcement of a new DLC? I thought they weren't going to do DLC for this game, but whatever - I will totally buy this. More Dark Souls is good.

#2 Posted by jakob187 (21763 posts) -

They stated a few months ago that they would be doing DLC, most likely by the end of March.

Beyond that, the PC petition has gotten a lot of signatures, and they've said they were considering porting the game over.

There is also that Kings Field rumor that's been going around...

Who knows? I'd love for it to be DLC. I still need to beat this damn game. I keep starting new characters, getting to the point that I need to go through Lost Izarath, and I just...I get too damn intimidated by that place.

#3 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -

Please be DLC. I don't want a new Souls game yet, but I desperately want a new reason to go back and play again

#4 Edited by xyzygy (10079 posts) -

@jakob187: You know that those massive monsters in Izalith permanently die when you kill them? Get your arrows out and kill them slowly and the way will be clear for tht playthrough. After them Izalith is pretty easy, just a bunch of slow moving rock enemies and a mage that also dies permanently.

On topic though, this game would look fantastic on the PC...

#5 Posted by drag (1206 posts) -

i thought i was dead inside but it turns out that it just takes a special kind of announcement announcement to excite me

#6 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

I'm super curious what this is. Wonder when they will announce it.

#7 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

They stated a few months ago that they would be doing DLC, most likely by the end of March.

Beyond that, the PC petition has gotten a lot of signatures, and they've said they were considering porting the game over.

There is also that Kings Field rumor that's been going around...

Who knows? I'd love for it to be DLC. I still need to beat this damn game. I keep starting new characters, getting to the point that I need to go through Lost Izarath, and I just...I get too damn intimidated by that place.

@xyzygy said:

@jakob187: You know that those massive monsters in Izalith permanently die when you kill them? Get your arrows out and kill them slowly and the way will be clear for tht playthrough. After them Izalith is pretty easy, just a bunch of slow moving rock enemies and a mage that also dies permanently.

you can actually get those MFers to kill each other. just get to that temple in the middle of the liquid hot magma and start shooting arrows at them, they'll jump on each other like big dragon zombie marios and kill each other.

#8 Posted by Turambar (6898 posts) -

Can anyone post the specifics?  Don't really want to bother making a Facebook account just to see this.

#9 Posted by xyzygy (10079 posts) -

@phrali: Does it work for all of them in that area? I only could manage to get the ones standing around the tower to kill each other...

#10 Edited by jakob187 (21763 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

Given that my dex is pure shit, that would take a while.

It's just a scary place. lol

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

According to outside sources, the announcement will be sometime today/tomorrow.

#11 Posted by Zippedbinders (1036 posts) -

Any Dark Souls related news never fails to make me feel a little sick inside.

#12 Posted by Cronus42 (279 posts) -

Best of both worlds? DLC and PC version. Man that would be pretty amazing

#13 Posted by benjaebe (2784 posts) -

I think it'll be DLC, there were a lot of rumors about that a few months back. I can't honestly see them drumming up a bunch of hype from the existing Dark Souls userbase by announcing a PC version of a game we already have.

#14 Posted by benspyda (2051 posts) -

Oooh. I love Dark Souls, gimme.

DLC pack will probably be a new area that is 10x harder than the rest of the game. It will be called Blighttown 2, and will have a 100 more poison dart dudes.

#15 Posted by JackSukeru (5967 posts) -

I was playing it the other day and thought "I can't believe I'm still playing this, I'm gonna be burned out as hell when that DLC finally arrives".

#16 Posted by CptBedlam (4460 posts) -

@Cronus42 said:

Best of both worlds? DLC and PC version. Man that would be pretty amazing

Yeah sure. Good for PC players if they get a port but I would be kinda disappointed if this is not DLC but only a PC port announcement. /fingers crossed

#17 Posted by jking47 (1248 posts) -

god damnit if they announce DLC I am going to have to start playing this game again and I don't know if my life can handle that right now

#18 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@benspyda said:

DLC pack will probably be a new area that is 10x harder than the rest of the game. It will be called Blighttown 2, and will have a 100 more poison dart dudes.

They where easy once you got the right armour. I just hated the crossing ladders and stuff. 
#19 Edited by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

@xyzygy said:

Given that my dex is pure shit, that would take a while.

It's just a scary place. lol

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

According to outside sources, the announcement will be sometime today/tomorrow.

You can actually just walk past those dinosaur demon things without even alerting a single one, it's quite easy. And once you're through that area, it's like 10 seconds of running to the boss door. Izalith is one of those areas that seems terrifying but once you get through it you see how little there was to be scared of. I'd rather go through Izalith than Blighttown any day.

I hope this is dlc.

#20 Posted by benjaebe (2784 posts) -

@benspyda said:

Fuck those guys. Though I did discover that if you toxic'd yourself first with a dung pie that they couldn't "re-toxic" you and the toxic you get from a dung pie does a shit load less damage than they do.

#21 Posted by benspyda (2051 posts) -

I remember my NG+ experience playing Dark Souls was spent listening to My Brother My Brother and Me while I played. It really makes you look at the game in a new light.

#22 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

@phrali: Does it work for all of them in that area? I only could manage to get the ones standing around the tower to kill each other...

you can kinda kite them all towards that area by shooting with bow enough to aggro them and they will come for you, might take a little while. when i did it it was almost hilarious how many of them were gathered around the structure jumping on each other.

@James_Giant_Peach said:

@jakob187 said:

You can actually just walk past those dinosaur demon things without even alerting a single one, it's quite easy. And once you're through that area, it's like 10 seconds of running to the boss door.

I hope this is dlc.

some of us are ocd and absolutely MUST kill EVERYTHING we see before leaving the area.

#23 Posted by FesteringNeon (2166 posts) -

@Zippedbinders said:

Any Dark Souls related news never fails to make me feel a little sick inside.

so spot on.

#24 Posted by jakob187 (21763 posts) -

The DLC thing wasn't a rumor. From Software came out a few months ago and flat-out said "yeah, we're working on DLC even though we said we weren't, but because you guys want it, we're making it...and, like...we'll say sometime before the end of March". That puts this announcement timing in line with that.

Let's be real, we know what we want to hear:

Dark Souls X Armored Core

Prepare to come heavy and die...or not at all!

#25 Posted by stryker1121 (1588 posts) -

@jking47 said:

god damnit if they announce DLC I am going to have to start playing this game again and I don't know if my life can handle that right now

Heh, is Dark Souls a game or a playable version of that videotape from The Ring? I've read so many posts like yours I'm weary to get into the game myself, like it'll (literally) kill me dead or something.

#26 Edited by countinhallways (630 posts) -

Whatever it is I will most likely purchase it. Well, if it it is a thing that is actually purchasable that is.

Fuck... every damn time I read anything about Dark Souls I end up wanting to play it again. I was just about to get an early night for once...

#27 Posted by SM5240 (149 posts) -

Fuck. If it's DLC, I'll buy it day one and take the arduous plunge back in. Although I never did beat it, I've been meaning to create a new character and have another go at it. This is as good an excuse as any.

#28 Edited by jking47 (1248 posts) -

@stryker1121: Don't take it like that, Dark Souls is one of my favorite games of all time. The game has superb atmosphere, and the gameplay is demanding, yet very rewarding.

It just takes time and patience, and I tend to get sucked into these kinds of games, so I will have to put a hold on all the other games in my backlog. Which makes my backlog bigger, and it turns into a vicious cycle of me never finishing the games I want to.

EDIT: Again, I don't want to make it seem bad, its totally worth it, in my opinion Dark Souls and Demons Souls are some of the best games of all time

#29 Posted by Deusx (1910 posts) -

Dark Souls is the best game released this generation. Fact.

#30 Posted by CptBedlam (4460 posts) -

@jking47 said:

@stryker1121: Don't take it like that, Dark Souls is one of my favorite games of all time. The game has superb atmosphere, and the gameplay is demanding, yet very rewarding.

It just takes time and patience, and I tend to get sucked into these kinds of games, so I will have to put a hold on all the other games in my backlog. Which makes my backlog bigger, and it turns into a vicious cycle of me never finishing the games I want to.

Dark Souls absolutely destroyed my backlog of games. I already sunk 300 hours into the game and still go back to play it. Once you got into the game, it's like a drug.

#31 Posted by xyzygy (10079 posts) -

@Deusx said:

Yup.

#32 Posted by Horrifying (38 posts) -

Man I hope it's a PC announcement, I don't wanna buy a new ps3 just to play dlc...but I totally will.

#33 Posted by CptBedlam (4460 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

@Deusx said:

Yup.

qft

Followed by RDR.

#34 Posted by fRAWRst (238 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

@Deusx said:

Yup.

im kinda hesitant, but yes this is a true statement

#35 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Please be a PC port please be a PC port please be a PC port please be a PC port. I would buy this again instantly on PC.

#36 Posted by Gabriel (4082 posts) -

@Deusx said:

No it's Demon's Souls.

#37 Posted by CptBedlam (4460 posts) -

@Gabriel said:

@Deusx said:

No it's Demon's Souls.

No, it's Dark Souls.

#38 Posted by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

@fRAWRst said:

@xyzygy said:

@Deusx said:

Yup.

I think Demon's Souls is slightly better. But its close.

#39 Posted by Karkarov (3291 posts) -

@CptBedlam said:

@Gabriel said:

@Deusx said:

No it's Demon's Souls.

No, it's Dark Souls.

No afraid he got it right. Dark Souls was just a slightly better designed (from the character point) Demon's Souls with "challenge" added in the form of cheap encounter design and more bugs. Not to mention the vastly superior multiplayer of Demon's. Either way lets hope for DLC. I don't see the online working any better on pc and without gamepad support it would play like crap.

#40 Edited by MonetaryDread (2180 posts) -

I hope it is an announcement for a PC version of the game. My PS3 died while I was in the middle of the game (inside the painting) and since I almost never touched my ps3 I am not buying a new one till Sony drops the price to $129. I would love to be able to play Bllighttown with a solid 60fps instead of that awful sub 10fps moments.

#41 Edited by CptBedlam (4460 posts) -

@Karkarov: I like Dark Souls better, the Metroidvania-like world building alone is fantastic and makes it so much more immersive. This game just has an awesome sense of place.

I also have no more issues with the MP ... I'm playing coop ith friends, I do coop with strangers, I do pvp in covenants etc., everything works since the second patch or so.

#42 Edited by xyzygy (10079 posts) -

@Karkarov said:

@CptBedlam said:

@Gabriel said:

@Deusx said:

No it's Demon's Souls.

No, it's Dark Souls.

No afraid he got it right. Dark Souls was just a slightly better designed (from the character point) Demon's Souls with "challenge" added in the form of cheap encounter design and more bugs. Not to mention the vastly superior multiplayer of Demon's. Either way lets hope for DLC. I don't see the online working any better on pc and without gamepad support it would play like crap.

I think they are equally amazing. Dark had the huge world, better design and tons more items while Demon's had a great atmosphere and better MP. The newest patch makes the MP pretty much great though. No complaints. If I had to choose I'd give the edge to Dark but only by a small margin, simply because there is so much more to Dark than Demons.

#43 Posted by stubbleman (292 posts) -

@xyzygy: The only thing Dark Souls has that Demon's Souls doesn't is bullshit backtracking and grinding. That and some cool looking armor pieces. That's pretty much it.

#44 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@StrikeALight said:

@fRAWRst said:

@xyzygy said:

@Deusx said:

Yup.

I think Demon's Souls is slightly better. But its close.

I think Dark Souls is slightly better, but it is close.

#45 Edited by Deusx (1910 posts) -

@somnambulist: uhm no. The lore is absolutely better. The creature design and the art direction in general is much more improved. The backtracking is for the sole purpose of connection. Have you ever played a game like metroid? The enemy AI is much improved. The soundtrack is completely superior. The only thing people seem to not like is the multiplayer but I find it way better in DaS because of the increased variety in build possibilities and new weapons and magic.

ALSO THIS:

Source: /v/... I know it may be a shoop but looks real to me.
#46 Posted by CptBedlam (4460 posts) -

Yep, looks like a PC release. Good for PC gamers, but I only care about DLC... hope it's still coming.

#47 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2168 posts) -

If it's a PC release I'm selling my PS3, This game is the only thing I play on that console now.

#48 Posted by Deusx (1910 posts) -
#49 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

If it's not a PC edition of Dark Souls I do not care.

#50 Posted by stubbleman (292 posts) -

@Deusx: Well you just keep on playing your Dark Souls. I'm gonna just keep playing my Demon's Souls.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.