Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Spending souls gained from Gaping Dragon

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By ADAMWD

What's the best way to spend the 25k souls gained from killing the Gaping Dragon? Is there some killer item I should buy while I've got the souls, or should I just dump them into leveling up?

Also, is the Dragon Kings Great Axe still a good weapon by the time you get your STR high enough to be able to use it?

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I just leveled up with them.

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By bcjohnnie

I can't speak to the axe, but as far as spending your souls, it generally depends what kind of leveling you have been doing. There are really no "killer items" for purchase at that point, so personally I would either just get some more levels, or buy some spells if you're going that way, or upgrade some gear if you want... it never hurts to upgrade your weapon to at least +5 if you are comfortable with it.

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#4  Edited By ADAMWD

I've been using the Drake Sword, so can't upgrade that unless I have a Dragon Scale, correct?

I've mostly been doing melee, just started using spells recently. So, I'll probably just up Endurance, Vitality, and Strength.

Also, can you kill the merchant right in front of the Blighttown door and take the stuff that he's selling?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @ADAMWD
    Axe sucks, don't bother.
    Huge STR requirement, weights a ton, damage is less then comparable upgraded normal weapon (+10) and its strong attack degrades weapon durability at an insane rate, making it all but useless.

@ADAMWD said:

I've been using the Drake Sword, so can't upgrade that unless I have a Dragon Scale, correct?

I've mostly been doing melee, just started using spells recently. So, I'll probably just up Endurance, Vitality, and Strength.

Also, can you kill the merchant right in front of the Blighttown door and take the stuff that he's selling?

yes to the first
    no to the second
    Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Mariek430

Cres of Artoias or whatever to open up the forest sold by the blacksmith near Sen's Fort.

If you kill the merchant leading to Blighttown, you wont be able to buy boss armor later down the road.

Edit: also don't waste dragon scales upgrading the drake anyway, there's a much better dragon sword thing later in the game, if you do intend to use the scales for weapon leveling, and not increasing your rank with dragon cov

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.