Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

[Spoilers] Respawning Capras

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By white

So I'm at the part past the Ceaseless Discharge, whom I immediately fought after Quelaag. I just finished killing off the 8 Taurus Demons and I noticed there's some Capra Demons. I killed one, died on the second and OH MY GOD. They respawn?! Shit.

So whatever. I trucked through, baiting and killing them one by one without dying. I'm at the bonfire after you kill off all of the goat heads and that huge-ass worm and I'm wondering...

1. If I rest/respawn from that bonfire there, the Capra Demons are gonna respawn huh?
    2. Is that worm thing going to respawn too?
    3. What's behind that golden fog gate that the lone Taurus Demon guarding?

The only reason I'm not blazing through is cause I'm not enjoying fighting 8 Capra Demons in a row =/

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By Timing

I was in the same situation as you are right now, and yes, all of those will respawn. You can venture forth to find an item if you want to, but you can't go through the golden gate just yet. In other words, it's a dead end right now.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By white

@Timing: What about the worms? They respawn? It would bloody suck cause one of them is directly over the bonfire.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Timing

@White: Yup. They do. Though if you drop down and approach the bonfire from the left side, the worm shouldn't appear, allowing you to rest at the bonfire.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By white

@Timing: And if I come out of that bonfire?

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Timing

@White: It depends. I think if you walk around its spawn point in wide enough angle it shouldn't come out at all. Alternately, if you happen to have the poison mist Pyromancy it should be very easy to take out (provided you have a minute or two to spare).

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By white

@Timing: Poison mist? Where do I get that?

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Timing

@White: Sorry man, can't remember. If I find it I'll let you know.

Edit: it's somewhere in the Blighttown swamp. Look for three leeches huddled around a corpse.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By white

@Timing: Like in the body of poisonous water?

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Timing

@White: Yeah somewhere down there. I did a quick search and a GameFAQS topic came up that said it was down there. I think I remember finding it there as well, so it's probably true.

That Pyromancy is great for when you want to safely get rid of some of the larger enemies. It won't work on bosses of course.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.