Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Stat Point Allocation For DEX Weapons?

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Stahlbrand

There is so much I don't know about this game, its not funny.

Here is my situation: I'm going all-in on the Winged Spear, which is a Dex-biased weapon ("C" in dex, "D" in str, IIRC).

Should I be dumping all my offence stat points in to Dex then (apart from my investment in End)? Should I be blending Dex and Str?

As it stands, I have enough End to wear my knight's armour w/o the helm or gauntlets, my spear and sheild, and be able to do the less-than-half-equip-weight roll, so I don't have to worry about the 'fat roll'. I've reinforced the spear to +5, and need ember (I guess) to take it higher. I've put most of my other points into Dex, but my DPS isn't huge, so I'm Str-curious. Low DPS might just be the acceptable trade-off for my 'poke out from behind a shield' cautious style, but I wonder.

I'm going to re-roll on my real profile so I can get online and put the cheevos to my name, for good or ill, so I've got a chance to go back and make changes. Any recommendations of a more general sort for a light-knight maining the winged spear?

Avatar image for runeseekermireille
    RuneseekerMireille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I believe you should put the minimum amount of STR to wield the weapon properly, and then just pump DEX all the way up. When you start upgrading that Winged Spear, unless you're going to do the magic, fire, or electricity upgrades, that C in DEX is going to get much higher.

Of course, I'm basing my opinion on what I know about Demon's Souls, but I'm fairly certain they work on the same principle. (Well, it what I'm doing with my scythe, so I hope so!)

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Stahlbrand

That sounds like good information, thanks @RuneseekerMireille

I've got too much work for the next few days, but Cannuck Thanksgiving is this weekend, so I get Sunday and Monday off. Dark Souls and turkey, F'yeah!

Avatar image for runeseekermireille
    RuneseekerMireille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sounds like a plan! Good luck!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.