Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Strange yellow glow around my character's head and a loud noise?

Theresonlyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Theresonlyone

Every so often (perhaps two-three times an hour) a large yellow glow appears around my characters head and the same noise from me recovering souls plays.

I know it's not me gaining humanity thats a black and white glow and idea what the hell it is?

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Check to see if your Estus Flask count goes up next time, I imagine that's what it is. I'm pretty sure if someone kindles the bonfire you are connected to, you get a free estus flask. (This is speculation and hearsay, but I'm pretty sure there is some truth to it.)

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By matoya

Someone near you kindled a bonfire, and you got an estus flask

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By bcjohnnie

@Theresonlyone: I think that's you gaining an estus flask. That happens whenever someone kindles the last fire you rested at.

Theresonlyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Theresonlyone

Ahh that is awesome it scared the crap out of me the first time.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By Timing

@Theresonlyone said:

Ahh that is awesome it scared the crap out of me the first time.

I think you just summed up Dark Souls.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SuperWristBands

Hey, since we are here, I have a question: I was playing and saw what looks like the Way of the White covenant symbol on the ground (looks like the targeting reticule, but not like it was stitched with thread). I went up to it and my heal miracle had a white circle around it. I used the miracle and the circle went away from the miracle and the ground. This had happened twice.

Did I heal someone in another world? Is it connected to the Way of the White covenant? How could I do this myself?

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By Timing
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SuperWristBands

@Timing: Thanks guy. Sadly that thread does not have clear answers but it did give me enough information to search for an answer.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By McShank

@SuperWristBands: I believe it is you healing other people who are also in the way of the white covenant as being in that covenant also draws you nearer to others in it / people who are in human form.

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SuperWristBands

@McShank: Didn't mean to mislead (I should have put this in the first post) but I was not in the Way of the White covenant when I saw it. I believe I was not in any covenant at the time.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Turambar
    @SuperWristBands: There is a specific ring given to you by Gwynevere for entering the princess guard covenant that allows you to see the synergy points.  Using a miracle near that orb makes the miracle stronger.  It seems to exist for people regardless of the ring in NG+, but I don't see any without the ring in my first playthrough.
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SuperWristBands

@Turambar said:

@SuperWristBands: There is a specific ring given to you by Gwynevere for entering the princess guard covenant that allows you to see the synergy points. Using a miracle near that orb makes the miracle stronger. It seems to exist for people regardless of the ring in NG+, but I don't see any without the ring in my first playthrough.

I did have the ring, but it was not equipped. I was also on my first playthrough but I was very near the end.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.