Stray Demon

#1 Posted by Bassario (146 posts) -

How the hell do I kill this Stray Demon in Asylum?

Piece of SHIIITTTT Blighttown just ate up all my humanity I had saved up, I already gathered 5 new ones and he just double killed me because u fall in 50% dmg, instant fire attak KO.

this is really stupid....

#2 Posted by Karkarov (2610 posts) -

Try to attack as you fall. Use some defensive magic before you drop. Be ready to roll immediately. Really he is no different than Firesage except you have to drop before you fight him, heck bring safe fall if you really want to minimize it. The key is staying behind or too his sides and avoiding the big explosion. Once you learn his patterns he isn't that tough.

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Bassario said:

How the hell do I kill this Stray Demon in Asylum?

Piece of SHIIITTTT Blighttown just ate up all my humanity I had saved up, I already gathered 5 new ones and he just double killed me because u fall in 50% dmg, instant fire attak KO.

this is really stupid....

Hit and run tactics. I more or less spammed my pyro spells on him. If all else fails. Run up get one hit. Run away. Repeat over and over. 
#4 Posted by rubberluffy (409 posts) -

A weapon that can cause bleed (like the Uchigatana) will help a LOT during that fight. And staying mobile and not getting greedy because his magic blasts hurt a lot. Try to stay behind him while watching him because one of his attacks can still hit you unless you back dodge away.

#5 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4655 posts) -

That fight is difficult, because of the limited space and his huge attack range. As for specific strategies, I can't say without knowing your playstyle.

#6 Posted by Bassario (146 posts) -

how is he STRAY?! how could he have possibly gotten his fat arse in the first place?! this is a lie someone bloody bricked him in there brick by brick -_-

#7 Edited by MrKlorox (11185 posts) -

He got lost and grew into a full demon size, feeding off rat feces and random travelers.

#8 Posted by Bassario (146 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

He got lost and grew into a full demon size, feeding off rat feces and random travelers.

I guess under that logic he has a team of faithful hollows up above who brick him in every single time a random tourist passes through and falls down, man I miss all my stockpiled humanity, the double death system is just SO WRONG. I dont give a crap about souls, they happen naturally but losing 10+ humanity is a waste of hours of my time...

#9 Posted by Turambar (6481 posts) -

Never hit his front, always hit his ass.  Also fall control negates all non-fatal fall damage.  If you're having that much of an issue living through the first hit, go learn that sorcery.

#10 Posted by Bassario (146 posts) -

That fire attack is a joke... It is impossible for me to do this right now with this gear unless I perfectly execute the hitting him in the back and running away attack 39 times -_- looks like I lose.

#11 Posted by JackSukeru (5815 posts) -

You should maybe make an official "Let's help Bassario get through Dark Souls" thread instead of making new ones every hour just to ask something or vent.

In either case he's best fought at a distance and perhaps a good bit later in the game.

#12 Posted by JackOhara (227 posts) -

Put on lightweight gear so that you have the fastest roll. He telegraphs both of his AoE attacks, so stay as close to him as possible, DON'T lock on, and just keep running around him in circles and hitting him. When you see him about to AoE, run far away, let it finish then run up and continue. Once you know how to fight him he's pretty easy.

#13 Posted by caska (110 posts) -

That fight took me quite a few tries but pretty much all you do is stick to his ass and run away as soon as he telegraphs his AoEs then straight back in!

#14 Edited by Grillbar (1772 posts) -

go for the tail/back and avoid attacks use lightweight armor. actually he is really easy. think i used the drake sword or something like that

Edit: oh and its not stupid it just requires skill, thats what the hole game is about. its not a easy hack and slash game for a reason

#15 Posted by Bassario (146 posts) -

@RockmanBionics said:

You should maybe make an official "Let's help Bassario get through Dark Souls" thread instead of making new ones every hour just to ask something or vent.

In either case he's best fought at a distance and perhaps a good bit later in the game.

Aawww but then no one would check it :( im getting through it ok I'm just trying to 100% it but I will give up now and try harder on another play through, Blighttown for one is a place where I simply do not have the will power to find every item and secret, infact I would rather eat a turd and anchovies sandwich than spend 10 more min in there... Hell a sandwich platter.

#16 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

Hug his ass like a motherfucker.

Best spot I've found is in the skin flap between his left leg and ass cheeks. If you position yourself right, you'll get caught behind it as he turns and he won't be able to face you. This means he'll either do his butt-pound attack or his close-range fireburst move... either of which is easy to dodge and punish.

If you ever end up in front of him, stop EVERYTHING you are doing and get behind him. All he has to do if you're in front of him is stick his club out and you're dead.

#17 Posted by familyphotoshoot (651 posts) -

He's probably going to one shot you anyway, so unequip your armor so you can fast-roll and two hand your weapon to increase your damage.

#18 Edited by Bassario (146 posts) -

@JackOhara said:

Put on lightweight gear so that you have the fastest roll. He telegraphs both of his AoE attacks, so stay as close to him as possible, DON'T lock on, and just keep running around him in circles and hitting him. When you see him about to AoE, run far away, let it finish then run up and continue. Once you know how to fight him he's pretty easy.

This was legendary advice, I pretty much figured out the ruitine 10 deaths later -_- but only when I equipped weak armor was I able to do it quite easily without taking a hit! Ha!

@Terramagi said:

Hug his ass like a motherfucker.

Best spot I've found is in the skin flap between his left leg and ass cheeks. If you position yourself right, you'll get caught behind it as he turns and he won't be able to face you. This means he'll either do his butt-pound attack or his close-range fireburst move... either of which is easy to dodge and punish.

If you ever end up in front of him, stop EVERYTHING you are doing and get behind him. All he has to do if you're in front of him is stick his club out and you're dead.

yeah, the priority was exactly that Number 1: always be behind him no matter what, then Lightning spears served me well if I could fool him into engaging his slow fire attack then quick step back and plenty of time to charge a spear!

#19 Posted by Tiwi (1401 posts) -

I love the fact that you didn't give any indication of what kind of champ you're playing. Heavy strength 2H-greatsword? Magic sword? pyro/sword? pyro/magic? dagger or scimitar? leather armor? havel's armor? what rings? what's the spec?

It'd be like asking how to raid in wow, without ever telling anyone what class you are. Play style is super dependent on that shit.

#20 Posted by kingofpeanuts (478 posts) -

It was easy. Stay close to it and then roll away. Here is a good video

#21 Edited by Bassario (146 posts) -

@Tiwi said:

I love the fact that you didn't give any indication of what kind of champ you're playing. Heavy strength 2H-greatsword? Magic sword? pyro/sword? pyro/magic? dagger or scimitar? leather armor? havel's armor? what rings? what's the spec?

It'd be like asking how to raid in wow, without ever telling anyone what class you are. Play style is super dependent on that shit.

Lol, like someone else pointed out I have been asking so many odd questions and talking about the game so actively in this forum over the last week that those really helpful old timers already knew :P Sorry about not clarifying in this initially short post.

I restarted my first play through coz I lost too much humanity to hilariously OP twinks, and playing through burg and parish offline then turning online back on is a seriously smart idea (for those new players) however on PC the twinking situation is probably not as bad yet, now I tried a faith build and I am really enjoying it, that Lightning spear is infinitely useful tho I am finding that between having to put a lot of stats into faith and attunement leaves little room for health or str or anything :S I think I will cap STR around 18 and just lvl agi a bit because I heard that agi also increases spell casting time.

EDIT: also I rly enjoy 2 handed weaps but Im gonna have to give up on them coz the best ones seem to need a LOT and I just wont have it, my next priority is to get the 30 faith for the greater lightning spear so yeah... in my situation im best using divine agility weaps right?

EDIT 2: finally got this monster with a combination of Lightning spears and Divine Claymore

#22 Posted by Dark (356 posts) -

If you are fat rolling you will never get him down properly, stage 2 roll you can get away with it with time to spare if you time it right. If you are in full light armour and can quick roll he is CAKE, just watch out for his AoE attack which is VERY well displayed before he does it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.