Summon question

#1 Posted by Roye777 (6 posts) -

I just got internet connection so I haven't even learned anything about invading, being summoned, and summoned. So how do I get summoned I used my white soapstone near the door to smough and ornstein, but it's been ten minutes and no contact.

I killed them already if that helps.

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Roye777 said:

I just got internet connection so I haven't even learned anything about invading, being summoned, and summoned. So how do I get summoned I used my white soapstone near the door to smough and ornstein, but it's been ten minutes and no contact.

I killed them already if that helps.

May mean no one is near your level to summon you. There is a range that you can be summoned. Only people near your soul level can summon ya. 
#3 Posted by DrFidget (215 posts) -

You're doing it right. Another player around your level that hasn't beaten those bosses can summon you. Being that the game has been out for a while, the probability of you actually getting summoned quickly is significantly reduced.

#4 Posted by JackSukeru (5897 posts) -

Yeah what those guys said. It can take a long time nowadays so try reputting it down every few minutes since that will change the lobby that it appears in i.e. which people can see it.

Also keep in mind that while you are a phantom you can not use Estus to heal yourself. If the summoning player heals himself then you will be healed, otherwise you will have to rely on miracles, humanity or the Evil Eye ring (which is pretty useless against bosses, for obvious reasons).

Be careful out there.

#5 Posted by Roye777 (6 posts) -

Thanks guys. The game's gotten easier since I've first gotten it; I just need to get more sunlight medals cause I'm working on a Faith build.

Praise the Sun!

#6 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -
@Roye777 It's within ten levels give or take for someone to summon you. Your best bet is to lay it down right by a bonfire or as soon as you enter a new area
#7 Posted by slantedwindows (272 posts) -

usually a better idea to put the sign next to a bonfire. in this specific case, it might be better to put your soulsign on the staircase next to sunbro's for some...

wait for it...

JOLLY COOPERATION!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.