summoning phantom....summoning failed x 100

#1 Posted by GeneralMojo_786 (219 posts) -

honestly!

im in sEns Fortress and the 1 time i needed phantoms the most the game decides to shit with me, i have literally over 7 summon signs here, and every single 1 fails to summon, i liked demon souls servers better :(

#2 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I put down a summon sign once, and instead of summoning someone I was summoned away. ):

#3 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

@Azteck said:

I put down a summon sign once, and instead of summoning someone I was summoned away. ):

When you put down your own white summoning sign, that is giving other players the option to summon you into their world. It was working as it should.

But yeah I was able to summon human players successfully twice during the 90 hours of gameplay so far. It's a bummer, because I would really like to see some 4 player action against a boss. It sounds crazy fun.

#4 Posted by JackSukeru (5903 posts) -

@wolf_blitzer85: Make that 3 player action since you can only summon 2 phantoms at most. It's crazy how much easier the game gets when you have someone to pull some aggro off of you.

I've had times when I couldn't summon and times when I repeatedly failed to be summoned, but most of the time it's been working for me.

#5 Posted by TobbRobb (4579 posts) -

Sucks that it doesn't work as intended, doesn't affect me though, I'm mostly playing this as a singleplayer game. I like being invaded though, it's fun. Costs me a bunch of humanity to stay human though...

Do you get a lot of humanity for helping people? I want to start farming the chaos covenant.

#6 Posted by JackSukeru (5903 posts) -

@TobbRobb: You get a Humanity if you manage to help your summoner defeat a boss, and a share of the souls of course. I got up to 14 humanity while farming the slimes in The Depths for materials all while having a summoning sign down and occasionally getting summoned to help defeat Gaping Dragon (I did have some to start with though, maybe like 5).

If you are within the appropriate levels you could farm rats there while having a summon sign down, all the Humanity from summoning are added to your counter though so it's not particulary safe to just carry it around. I say either choose a area where you are the right level and where the boss is not to hard to take down with other people or just start farming rats in The Depths.

#7 Posted by TobbRobb (4579 posts) -

@RockmanBionics: I guess I could start farming the rats... I'm way to overleveled though. I might be able to get some summons at Ornstein and Smough, but you know... Not doing that again.

#8 Posted by JackSukeru (5903 posts) -

@TobbRobb: I guess you should find that Gold Serpent Ring or whatever if you don't already have it, might make it a bit easier, I haven't found it myself but I still haven't even gone to Blighttown yet (playing multiple characters).

Waiting for summons can take a long time so if that area is bad for grinding it might not be worth it, instead put on a podcast, turn off your brain and farm some rats ;)

#9 Edited by TobbRobb (4579 posts) -

@RockmanBionics: Already at it ^^. And yes I do have the ring, farmed the slimes for large titanite earlier. Would have been a bitch without it.

Just noticed my furysword and chaos fireball scales with humanity O_o maybe I should just carry a bunch around for extra damage.

#10 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@wolf_blitzer85 said:

@Azteck said:

When you put down your own white summoning sign, that is giving other players the option to summon you into their world. It was working as it should.

But yeah I was able to summon human players successfully twice during the 90 hours of gameplay so far. It's a bummer, because I would really like to see some 4 player action against a boss. It sounds crazy fun.

I forgot that you had to be human. Dammit.
#11 Posted by JackSukeru (5903 posts) -

@TobbRobb: I did farm both those and Green titanite without it and I can attest that, yes, it was a bitch.

#12 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

@Azteck said:

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

@Azteck said:

I forgot that you had to be human. Dammit.

Hey I'm jealous that someone managed to even summon you. I've put down many summon signs and haven't been called upon yet. So sad.

#13 Posted by Xeiphyer (5595 posts) -
@GeneralMojo_786: You might have a closed NAT, set up a static IP for your console and forward the required ports for it.

Alternatively, sometimes it just doesn't work properly, try restarting your console and see if its working after that.
#14 Posted by CommanderGermanShepard (303 posts) -

This game is fucking broken when it comes to co-op, summon failed grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Just want to co-op with a friend to take on a boss. Better fix this for the sequel, no point putting 1-3 player co-op on the back when it is so broken.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.