The Actual vs 1.04 patch

• 80 results
#1 Edited by Turambar (6892 posts) -

From Software just updated their site.  The real patch notes are out, and will be going into effect on November 2nd, 12pm Japan time.  These notes are based off google translate.

Here's the source: http://darksouls.fromsoftware.jp/online/

Fixes and adjustments for strong magic shield, tranquil walk, ring of fog, iron flesh

Changing some pyromancy numbers, possibly reworking pyromancy scaling (or lack there of)
Rebalancing magic adjustment armor and weapon values
Changing souls gained when killing boss as host, apparently host may get fewer leading to them kicking out white phantoms
Cracked red eye orb getting something to do with soul reward scaled up based on number of failed invasions
Bosses will drop humanity and homeward bones, drop rate for titanite items increased
Undead burg guy will carry bottomless box so you can get it earlier
Aqueduct merchant will sell normal arrows/bolts, ditto andrei, the blacksmith at the parish
Domhall will also have normal arrows/bolts, and will have the master key
New Londo sealer npc will get another spell that acts like a transient curse
Sunlight covenant will require 25 minimum faith to join
Soul cost to absolve sins will be lowered to SL x 500, down from SL x 2000
Potential fix for input delay problems, lock-on tweaks, fixed unlimited use/duping stuff, fixed gaining more than 99 of an item causing you to lose all of them
Fixed some story progress bug that could screw you, tweaked subtitles for non-US versions
#2 Posted by imsh_pl (3313 posts) -
@Turambar said:
S oul cost to absolve sins will be lowered to SL x 500, down from SL x 2000

YES

YES
#3 Posted by Sikila (80 posts) -

@imsh_pl said:

@Turambar said:
YES YES

YES!

#4 Edited by TekZero (2691 posts) -

Increased drop rate for titanite items.. YES.

And 25 faith for Sun Bros... YES.

#5 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1044 posts) -
@imsh_pl said:
@Turambar said:

YES  YES
Yeah, that was the only one that really stood out to me. The rest were mainly additions for convenience and nerfs to the spells which needed it.
#6 Posted by Marz (5671 posts) -

they going to fix the dragon head glitch?

#7 Posted by Turambar (6892 posts) -
@Marz said:
" fixed unlimited use/duping stuff"
#8 Posted by TekZero (2691 posts) -

Nov 2nd, 12pm in Japan is only 9 hours from now. Figure 11pm EST.

#9 Posted by TobbRobb (4841 posts) -

So they streamlined it, fixed some bugs and nerfed the crazy stuff, seems good to me.

Now if they buffed DEX scaling and SOMEHOW magically fixed the framerate, I will pray to them as gods among men and name my firstborn Gwyn.

#10 Posted by MentalDisruption (1670 posts) -

Liking the sound of the changes so far.

#11 Posted by tekmojo (2302 posts) -

Me likey.

#12 Posted by Aetheldod (3723 posts) -

"Cracked red eye orb getting something to do with soul reward scaled up based on number of failed invasions" 

What does this even means?
#13 Edited by SuperfluousMoniker (2913 posts) -

Sounds good. Too bad they aren't adjusting weapon scaling at all though. Unless that's what 'rebalancing magic adjustment' is.

#14 Posted by Turambar (6892 posts) -
@Aetheldod said:
 "Cracked red eye orb getting something to do with soul reward scaled up based on number of failed invasions"  What does this even means?
Current reward for an invasion in is a humanity and 50% of the souls the target had on him.  That percentage will be higher now if you've failed invasions multiple times.  That or maybe you get more humanities.  My assumption of course.
#15 Edited by Inodril (12 posts) -

@Aetheldod: Rough guess but it may mean that invaders get more souls based on the number of previous failed invasions. Dunno if its specific to failed connections or if getting schooled by the host also counts as a failure.

#16 Posted by jozzy (2035 posts) -

@SuperfluousMoniker said:

Sounds good. Too bad they aren't adjusting weapon scaling at all though.

Yeah, was really hoping that they would look into that.

#17 Posted by cinemandrew (711 posts) -

Everything sounds good here. Really hoping the input delay stuff works. It's really strange, I played my first character for something like 40 hours before I started to notice the input lag, and now that I've started a new character, I'm noticing it all the time. I also hate that when I quickly spam the roll button in a moment of panic, I end up rolling two, or three times when I only wanted to roll once. Does anyone know if From Software made it that way intentionally? I'm generally more reliant on my shield rather than rolling, so I'm not great at precision timed dodging.

#18 Posted by Noct (305 posts) -

@cinemandrew said:

Everything sounds good here. Really hoping the input delay stuff works. It's really strange, I played my first character for something like 40 hours before I started to notice the input lag, and now that I've started a new character, I'm noticing it all the time. I also hate that when I quickly spam the roll button in a moment of panic, I end up rolling two, or three times when I only wanted to roll once. Does anyone know if From Software made it that way intentionally? I'm generally more reliant on my shield rather than rolling, so I'm not great at precision timed dodging.

Yeah, I've never heard them say it outloud or anything, but it certainly seems intentional to me... And it's not just on rolling, it's on anything you do. Span your attack button, then hit roll, then hit your flask/object-use button, and you will sit helplessly watching as your character goes through all those motions.

I personally kind of like it; it just further intensifies the idea that this game must be played methodically and intentionally, button mashing is not going to cut it.

#19 Posted by bkbroiler (1641 posts) -

I always thought that lag was purposeful and it was just that you had to watch your character finish his animation first. There are a few times I attacked from a dead stop and it took a second to register, but that hardly happened. I figured that was the lag everyone was talking about.

#20 Posted by GilbertMordinAndSullivan (442 posts) -

Sigh. I'm guessing my magical, invincible shield is going away. Well, it was fun / cheap while it lasted. Also, I really wanted to see this in the patch notes:

"Fixed Namco Bandai, got dedicated servers like Atlus gave us."

#21 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

Glad the lag thing is getting fixed. It's not terrible once you get used to it, but it can also be pretty damning, especially when you try to use an estus flask only to have your dude stand around like an idiot and finally take a drink 2 seconds too late.

#22 Posted by Gumby (229 posts) -

@GilbertMordinAndSullivan said:

Sigh. I'm guessing my magical, invincible shield is going away. Well, it was fun / cheap while it lasted. Also, I really wanted to see this in the patch notes:

"Fixed Namco Bandai, got dedicated servers like Atlus gave us."

This! I've been through the entire game as human and never been invaded. I've also joined the Dark Wraiths and been to pretty much any area trying to invade someone without any luck. Just invasion failed over and over again. I see tons of bloodstains and ghosts though, but multiplayer isn't working for me at all.

Either the server thing isn't working as intended or I'm missing something. Don't know if it has anything to do with that I'm in Sweden and the chance that someone in the same lobby is in the same area, close to my level and human is minimal.

#23 Posted by JackSukeru (5964 posts) -

I enjoy meself some patch notes and this is no exception. I do wish that the changes made to Iron Flesh, Fog ring etc were a bit clearer though.

@Gumby: I'm in Sweden too and I've definetly not had any problems being invaded. Well, apart from being invaded and killed of course.

As for summoning, very few problems there as well. In fact I was just summoned while typing this, and was then immediately dispatched by a Black phantom's great combustion due to my distraction, it's the second summoning in a row that that has happended actually...kind of annoying.

#24 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

This patch is beyond quality.

#25 Posted by bkbroiler (1641 posts) -

Yeah I'm really excited for this. Hope there are no issues with it getting to the 360 version.

#26 Posted by Gumby (229 posts) -

@RockmanBionics said:

@Gumby: I'm in Sweden too and I've definetly not had any problems being invaded. Well, apart from being invaded and killed of course.

As for summoning, very few problems there as well. In fact I was just summoned while typing this, and was then immediately dispatched by a Black phantom's great combustion due to my distraction, it's the second summoning in a row that that has happended actually...kind of annoying.

Then I have no idea what the problem is. Maybe I'm just unlucky... :(

The worst part is that Knight Soliare went all emo after the last boss! He was my only friend!

#27 Posted by kyteki (14 posts) -

It's a bit frustrating to not really get any official info for xbox users. Also wish/hoping they can do something about xbox stat hackers. Will have to sit back and see what happens.

#28 Posted by Humanity (10065 posts) -

@Marz said:

Thats a FEATURE not a glitch!

#29 Posted by Stahlbrand (840 posts) -

Be nice if they fucked over everyone who used the dragon head glitch. That would make my day like nothing else.

#30 Edited by Spoonman671 (4769 posts) -
@Turambar said:

Potential fix for input delay problems, lock-on tweaks

Oh, sweet Jesus!
#31 Posted by Turambar (6892 posts) -

Most notable is the iron flesh nerf.  The poise bonus seems to still be in effect but you take a lot more damage now.  That said, it's still one hell of a defense bonus considering how little that silver knight was doing to a naked player.
#32 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I wish these changes were present when I first started playing.

#33 Edited by Doctorchimp (4055 posts) -

@Turambar said:

Most notable is the iron flesh nerf. The poise bonus seems to still be in effect but you take a lot more damage now. That said, it's still one hell of a defense bonus considering how little that silver knight was doing to a naked player.

Eh bullshit, Iron Flesh didn't need fixing. The trade-off for not being able to roll was taking less damage.

Now I have the choice to either try my luck at rolling around and dodging or sitting still and taking a shit load of damage? I'll just not use it.

Power Within really needed a buff though, I'm not even sure what it does except drain your health like crazy...

Whatever, everything else is golden about the patch.

#34 Posted by Doctorchimp (4055 posts) -

@Turambar: Also It totally says they are redoing the adjustment of magic/armor/weapon, so weapon scaling is getting patched.

#35 Posted by Topsdrop (9 posts) -

It's a bummer if the 25 faith requirement for warriors of sunlight means that you need 25 faith regardless of how many times you clear bosses for people. If they're just bringing the initial requirement down from 50 though that's cool.

#36 Posted by RuneseekerMireille (325 posts) -

@Turambar said:

Most notable is the iron flesh nerf. The poise bonus seems to still be in effect but you take a lot more damage now. That said, it's still one hell of a defense bonus considering how little that silver knight was doing to a naked player.

Well, I don't think I will be using Iron Flesh anymore. It really didn't need to be nerfed; it was totally worthless in PvP. Also, no stat scaling changes makes me sad. But the things they've changed are pretty good.

#37 Posted by CornBREDX (5989 posts) -

Awesome. So since I play this on XBOX I guess I should expect this... next year after the holidays right? haha

jk jk

Anyway, it's cool they're fixing stuff.

I wish they could fix the online, but I don't think they can. I suspect it's just a high level problem or something but at my level now (73) I can stand around for hours (today, I played 4 hours. I only got summoned once) and never get summoned to invade Anor Londo dark worlds anymore or ever get summoned to help with bosses and stuff. Although that second thing could just be because I'm not sure on the progression so I could be on parts that no one else near my level is at for all I know. It's not like the game tells you haha

Anyway, sorry I'm whining a little bit. Game is still awesome and I'm happy it's being patched. Looking forward to the fixes.

#38 Posted by Lancezh (49 posts) -

@Gumby: Most likely your NAT settings are fucked up. The easiest way to check/fix this is if you log in to your router and enable upnp. After that, try it again. Country doesnt matter, i live in Switzerland and play with japanese, canadians, germans, british, everything...

@CornBREDX The wrong NAT settings can also limit your Multiplayer capabilities rather than blocking them completely, make sure you check the same as the other guy. Anyway lvl 73 should be perfect for New Londo and 4 Kings... 73 is somewhat inbetween NG and NG+ for Anor londo, try it there. ;)

#39 Posted by gosukiller (2325 posts) -

Awww shucks. They removed my Invincible Strong Shield thing. Now I can't troll my invaders anymore :(

#40 Posted by Jonnyflash80 (505 posts) -

Yes. Now I can finally afford to absolve my sins since it will only take 33500 souls instead of 134000. Thank you From Soft.

#41 Posted by Jonnyflash80 (505 posts) -

Yes. Now I can finally afford to absolve my sins since it will only take 33500 souls instead of 134000. Thank you From Soft.

#42 Posted by Matoya (416 posts) -

It's not out yet in Europe, I beat 2 bosses today and got no Humanity/Homewards

#43 Posted by mason (265 posts) -

So glad I beat the four kings right before the patch. Even with 3 uses of Iron Flesh, I just barely survived with a sliver of health. And that was after a dozen tries.

#44 Posted by Karkarov (3273 posts) -

@Aetheldod said:

"Cracked red eye orb getting something to do with soul reward scaled up based on number of failed invasions" What does this even means?

Let me explain. It means if you failed on invasion attempts a bunch of times in a row then used an orb to invade and succeeded you would get a crap ton more souls than you should have. Example. A friend of mine while in the kitty covenant got rolled by this one dude who was around soul level 100 about 4-5 times. He was persistent and kept invading though, when he finally killed him he got around.... 900k souls. Guy literally went from level 30 something to mid 90's.

I need to pick up the pace on my pointless glitch toon so I can get max stats and do all my weapon math ;p.

#45 Posted by stoic665 (58 posts) -

@Turambar said:

Cracked red eye orb getting something to do with soul reward scaled up based on number of failed invasions

Is this referring to this sentence?

・「ひび割れた赤い瞳のオーブ」を使用して侵入に失敗した時、使用回数が減らないように修正

If so, then what it actually says is that a failed invasion attempt using a cracked red eye orb will no longer cause the orb to be consumed.

#46 Posted by TekZero (2691 posts) -

Any confirmation on the stat requirements for Warriors of Sunlight? Is it a hard 25 faith, or can it be reduced by helping guys kill bosses?

#47 Edited by stoic665 (58 posts) -

@TekZero said:

Any confirmation on the stat requirements for Warriors of Sunlight? Is it a hard 25 faith, or can it be reduced by helping guys kill bosses?

It can be reduced by helping other people yes. The formula is: faith score + ( times successfully helped people*5) should be greater than or equal to 25.

In other words, if you have succesfully helped people two times, you will only need a faith score of 15.

[Note that the above is the post-patch requirement. Right now the sum must be greater than or equal to 50, which would mean a required faith score of 40 if you have only successfully helped two people]

Relevant text from patch notes:

・誓約「太陽の戦士」の誓約条件を下方調整 (信仰+マルチプレイ成功回数×5≧50 ⇒ 信仰+マルチプレイ成功回数×5≧25)

#48 Posted by TekZero (2691 posts) -

@stoic665 said:

@TekZero said:

It can be reduced by helping other people yes. The formula is: faith score + ( times successfully helped people*5) should be greater than or equal to 25.

In other words, if you have succesfully helped people two times, you will only need a faith score of 15.

[Note that the above is the post-patch requirement. Right now the sum must be greater than or equal to 50, which would mean a required faith score of 40 if you have only successfully helped two people]

Relevant text from patch notes:

・誓約「太陽の戦士」の誓約条件を下方調整 (信仰+マルチプレイ成功回数×5≧50 ⇒ 信仰+マルチプレイ成功回数×5≧25)

Great, thanks. I actually didn't get a chance to turn on my Xbox last night so I don't know if the patch dropped. Did the patch hit yet, or do we know when it's going to come to the states?

#49 Posted by Timing (624 posts) -

No more broken English, guys:

The bonfire was lit -> Bonfire lit

You Defeated -> Victory Achieved

You Regained -> Retrieval

I don't know, I kind of liked YOU DEFEATED, but oh well.

Also, here's a somewhat more clear translation:

- Some magic effects have been revised. (Magic Shield, Greater Magic Shield, Tranquil Walk of Peace, Ring of Fog, Iron Flesh)

- Elemental enhanced and Stat enhanced weapons have been rebalanced.

- Some slight adjustments have been made to other weapons, equipment, and magic. (Pyromancer's Flame's magic adjustment)

- Matching and multiplayer conditions have been adjusted.

- Defeating a boss in multiplayer will now reward the host with the full amount of souls from the boss.

- When failing to invade a player's world using the Cracked Red Eye Orb, the item will no longer be used up.

- Adjustments to the amount of suols dropped by enemies.

- Adjustments to the item drops from enemies.

- Some bosses will drop Humanity and Homeward Bones now.

- Increased Drop rates for certain Covenant items and Equipment Enhancement materials which had extremely low drop rates.

- Adjusted the Item Discovery increase rate which scales with Humanity levels.

- Item lists in shops have been adjusted. (Bottomless Box added to Male Undead Merchant. Bunch of arrows added to Female Undead Merchant, Andrei, Domnhall, Giant Blacksmith, and Vamos. Domnhall will sell the Master Key after he moves to the Firelink Shrine. Giant and Vamos both sell the various equipment boxes. Giant sells a bunch of shards now. Vamos sells Titanite Shards. Ingward sells Transient Curse.)

- The amount of Faith required to join the Sunlight Covenant is now 25 instead of 50. The formula for reducing it with multiplayer remains the same.

- Paying for your sins is now cheaper. The formula is Level x 500 souls, instead of Level x 2000 souls previously.

- Equipment Weight adjustments.

- Lock-on behavior has been adjusted.

- Fixed certain cases of game freezing.

- Changed the way souls are displayed in the Level Up Menu.

- Fixed the exploit with infinite weapon/magic usage.

- Fixed the 1 second delay during certain attack animations.

- Fixed the bug where Solaire isn't in New Game+.

- Fixed the shard bug with Frampt which took away all your shards if you had more than 99.

- Fixed getting stuck in certain parts of the map, being unable to progress.

- Changed some English text in the game to be consistent with corrections made in the overseas version of the game.

From here. Patch is not out yet (in Europe at least).

#50 Posted by Topsdrop (9 posts) -

@Timing said:

No more broken English, guys:

That's horrible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.