Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

The best place I have found to Grind

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Hooded

Hey guys, I found a pretty decent place to grind last night. You can get decent souls (min 700 - max 900) in a couple of minutes. Plus you are right near a bomfire so you can go back there and heal and what not.

It means returning back to the Asylum.

If you don't know how, then you have to of unlocked the elevators that take you up to the undead church from firelink shrine. Step on the elevator for it to go up, turn around run against the wall then you will walk onto a platform, walk right onto some grass. To your left there will be a building and a little bit you can roll onto, roll on that walk up, you may hit an invisable wall, just roll again and you will go up. walk up around the building and go to the crows nest, curl up like a ball, wait for about 30 seconds, the crow will take you to the Asylum.

Once your at the Asylum, take your time and walk down taking out the fire torch guys, you get 100 souls each dude, they are easy with a sheild + spear. I use a winged spear +3 and it doesnt take much to kill them. Walk into the room. DO NOT WALK INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE ROOM! I wont tell you why, just make sure YOU dont walk in the middle. Walk around the outside where the pots are. Kill 2 dudes rest at bomfire and go back kill the guys again remembering not to go in the middle of the room. Repeat. There are 2 guys upstairs, one archer one normal guy, so they may drop down and join means an extra 200 souls. The whole thing doesn't take any longer than 3 minutes or so.

You can always return to firelink shrine by going back to the nest.

Tips: Try getting a repair box so you can repair at bomfires, I found last night its a bit of a pain when your best weapon breaks.

Also try getting Heal, it saves you using your flasks, obviously refills when you return to bomfire.

There is a key you can get ontop of a building (its above the fat guy) you have to drop back down afterwards and come back up to go to the nest though.

I have not searched the rest of the Asylum but i'm sure its not what it used to be ;)

Hope this helps some people who are tired of grinding and not getting anywhere.

tw1sted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By tw1sted

The best place I found to grind so far was under the bridge with the dragon on it.

Basically once you've kicked down the ladder so you can get to the bridge really easily from the Undead Burg bonfire, you climb up the ladder, run up the stairs so that you're on the bridge, and you'll see a line of darker cobblestone on the ground. As soon as you pass that line, the dragon will fly by and burn all the people on the bridge, giving you 300 souls without any effort at all.

Then just run down the stairs and jump off the platform to get back to the bonfire quickly.

What I did, however, was to keep going under the bridge, and take out the two enemies under the bridge for another 100 souls. Then farm the 3 rats in the next room for humanity. I don't know the exact drop rate, but I seemed to get one humanity as a drop from the rats every 3 or 4 visits, so maybe 1/9 or 1/12 chance of dropping humanity.

Just be careful of the poison and falling off the edge. But if you get poisoned it shouldn't be a problem since you can probably make it back to the bonfire without even using one flask

EDIT: I just timed myself. With going after the rats, I farmed 3810 souls, two humanities and a longsword in 10 minutes. Without going for the rats, I got 5700 souls in 10 minutes.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Best place I found was the graveyard near the Firelink Shrine. You kill the two big skeletons in there, which give you 500 souls each, and then you throw yourself off the cliff so that you can resurrect at the bonfire in Firelink Shrine and go back. It's 1000 souls per 2-3 minutes.

Thor_Molecules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Thor_Molecules

@FluxWaveZ: Wouldn't jumping off the cliff rob you of your souls, though? Or will you just grab your bloodstain every time?

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By white

Doesn't anyone know of getting 7k souls in 2min?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Buckfitches said:

@FluxWaveZ: Wouldn't jumping off the cliff rob you of your souls, though? Or will you just grab your bloodstain every time?

You grab your bloodstain every time. You're going there to farm anyways, so having to get your bloodstain isn't an inconvenience.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I farmed in the forest area near Darkroot Garden that you unlock with the costly seal (20,000 souls). I went from soul level 20ish to 40 in a couple hours. I'm starting to hit a plateau though...probably time to move on.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MezZa

Darkroot garden has the best place for sure, but I bet it'll be patched out soon. Costs 20,000 souls to get in, but it's well worth it.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hooded

@MentalDisruption: @MagusMaleficus 20,000 souls for the seal, whats behind the seal?

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By gla55jAw

@Hooded said:

@MentalDisruption: @MagusMaleficus 20,000 souls for the seal, whats behind the seal?

A place full of win. You get 4 enemies worth 7,000 souls to chase you and fall off the cliff. Return to the hidden Bonfire and repeat. You can also get the Eastern armor if you run (and I mean run for your life) on the right side. You will have 20+ enemies chasing you though

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @gla55jAw said:

@Hooded said:

A place full of win. You get 4 enemies worth 7,000 souls to chase you and fall off the cliff. Return to the hidden Bonfire and repeat. You can also get the Eastern armor if you run (and I mean run for your life) on the right side. You will have 20+ enemies chasing you though

Oh man, that's hilarious. I assume this doesn't work if you join the Covenant?
    gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gla55jAw

@FluxWaveZ said:

@gla55jAw said:

@Hooded said:

I haven't found that cat yet to join, but I'm guessing you couldn't do that because you can't kill or attack anything in the forest.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Chop

@gla55jAw said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@gla55jAw said:

@Hooded said:

I haven't found that cat yet to join, but I'm guessing you couldn't do that because you can't kill or attack anything in the forest.

Yeah, that's why it's not really recommended to bother with that Covenant. You'll have to break it as soon as you want to do any real soul grinding.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@gla55jAw said:

@Hooded said:

HA! That is awesome. I have to get 20k souls as soon as possible now
    gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gla55jAw

@Resident4t said:

@gla55jAw said:

@Hooded said:

HA! That is awesome. I have to get 20k souls as soon as possible now

If you're strong enough to kill the Crystal Golems in the forest where the Hydra is, farm them. There are 4 of them worth 200 each for 800 souls. Kill them and then run back to the Bonfire by the forest elevator. It's the safest way to go for now since you can easily outrun them and the hydra (before it starts attacking) to grab your bloodstain if you die.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hooded

Wow thats crazy, I will have to try to get 20K then :D Thanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gla55jAw said:

If you're strong enough to kill the Crystal Golems in the forest where the Hydra is, farm them. There are 4 of them worth 200 each for 800 souls. Kill them and then run back to the Bonfire by the forest elevator. It's the safest way to go for now since you can easily outrun them and the hydra (before it starts attacking) to grab your bloodstain if you die.

You can also go after the stone knights in the area past the sealed forest door in the Darkroot Garden. They're each worth 300 souls and aren't hard to kill--just be patient and don't do anything stupid. That's how I got the 20,000 necessary to unseal the door.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hooded

@MagusMaleficus said:

@gla55jAw said:

You can also go after the stone knights in the area past the sealed forest door in the Darkroot Garden. They're each worth 300 souls and aren't hard to kill--just be patient and don't do anything stupid. That's how I got the 20,000 necessary to unseal the door.

Them stone knights are strong, I managed to lure one away towards the bomfire and he kinda got stuck but it took alot of my potions.

@gla55jAw Where is the forest elevator?

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gla55jAw

@MagusMaleficus said:

@gla55jAw said:

I did that for a while, but those damn trees, they would get me every once in a while and I lost like 8000 souls going back to grab my bloodstain when the group of 3 attack you.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gla55jAw

@Hooded said:

@MagusMaleficus said:

@gla55jAw said:

Them stone knights are strong, I managed to lure one away towards the bomfire and he kinda got stuck but it took alot of my potions.

When you enter the forest from the blacksmith, make the first right you can. If it's your first time there, there is a Black Knight, so watch out. When you get to the very bottom, instead of going towards the Hydra and the Stone Golems, go the opposite way. You will come to an area with a Cave. Inside there is a Bonfire and an elevator that takes you to the Valley of Drakes.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hooded

@gla55jAw said:

@Hooded said:

@MagusMaleficus said:

@gla55jAw said:

When you enter the forest from the blacksmith, make the first right you can. If it's your first time there, there is a Black Knight, so watch out. When you get to the very bottom, instead of going towards the Hydra and the Stone Golems, go the opposite way. You will come to an area with a Cave. Inside there is a Bonfire and an elevator that takes you to the Valley of Drakes.

Oh yeah I've been there but the Drakes whoop me down. One was stupid enough to jump off the bridge and died :/ The other really hurt me with its lightning.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gla55jAw

@Hooded said:

@gla55jAw said:

@Hooded said:

@MagusMaleficus said:

@gla55jAw said:

Oh yeah I've been there but the Drakes whoop me down. One was stupid enough to jump off the bridge and died :/ The other really hurt me with its lightning.

I had one kill itself too when I attempted to kill it lol. Did you grab the Brigand armor by running towards the pack of 3? Also, if you run towards where the Undead Dragon is, you can get the Dragon Crest Shield and Astora's Straight Sword.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By thatfrood

I've usually go to Da Klub on 83rd and North.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gla55jAw said:

I had one kill itself too when I attempted to kill it lol. Did you grab the Brigand armor by running towards the pack of 3? Also, if you run towards where the Undead Dragon is, you can get the Dragon Crest Shield and Astora's Straight Sword.

I got the shield and sword by taking off all of my armor and hauling ass past the two drakes along the path to the Undead Dragon. Then I grabbed the stuff, avoiding his bite and poison attack, and ran back to the elevator. Damn near had a heart attack. :P

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hooded

@gla55jAw said:

@Hooded said:

@gla55jAw said:

@Hooded said:

@MagusMaleficus said:

@gla55jAw said:

I never no, I will go back and get them, I'll go when I have low souls incase I die its no biggie.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.