Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

The Crystal Halbert

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Nux

So I killed the Mimic in Anor Londo and have been useing the Crystal Halbert for a while now. The problem is that it is very close to brakeing and it looks like it can't be repaired. Am I missing something or can this weapon really not be repaired?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

it can't

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By eroticfishcake

You can't repair crystal weapons at all. It says that in all of their descriptions actually. There is that guy in the Depths before the entrance to Blighttown that sells some crystal weapons though (also sells you the bottomless box which is a must). But you're better off using a non-crystal weapon.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By SuperWristBands

I don't know if it is true but I heard you can repair it with the item that repairs the weapon in your right hand. I haven't tried this yet so sorry if it is misinformation.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nux

Well that sucks. It's the only weapon I have thats better then the Drake sword I'm still useing. Back to the Drake sword then.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SuperWristBands

@Nux said:

Well that sucks. It's the only weapon I have thats better then the Drake sword I'm still useing. Back to the Drake sword then.

There is a mimic in Sen's Fortress that has a lightning spear, which I used for the entire game from there on.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nux

@SuperWristBands said:

@Nux said:

There is a mimic in Sen's Fortress that has a lightning spear, which I used for the entire game from there on.

I have the lightning spear. Once I can upgrade it I'll most likely use it too. I just don't have the right stuff to upgrade it anymore.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By EVO

@SuperWristBands said:

I don't know if it is true but I heard you can repair it with the item that repairs the weapon in your right hand. I haven't tried this yet so sorry if it is misinformation.

Nah, repair powder doesn't work.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@Nux: I read that if you upgrade a crystal weapon the durablity maxes out again. If the material isn't too rare you might want to try that, and just remember to only use it on the really hard enemies.
    xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By xxizzypop

I'm pretty sure it's just 200 souls and a titanite shard to upgrade the Halbred. That'll repair it and make it a little more damaging. And to be honest, I'm pretty sure that the blurb about crystal weapons isn't in there. I swear I looked at it and didn't see it, but I could be crazy.

Floppypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Floppypants

The Drake Sword is great at the beginning of the game because its damage is independent of your stats.  By the time you've reached Anor Londo, a weapon reinforced to +10 is probably going to be better.  The vendor in Sen's Fortress sells Large Titanite Shards if you've run out.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nux

@Floppypants: I'm planing to look into going back to him once I'm out of Anor Londo. But Because I'm a sorcerer I don't have enough Strength for most weapons. I may try to upgrade the Garoyle's Halbert when I get the chance.

@SuperfluousMoniker: Thats good to know, thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.