The Trailer - Yes it is totally Demon's Souls 2!

• 0 results
#1 Edited by Timing (624 posts) -

Even though there's only like 10 seconds of actual gameplay in there, I think it's pretty much exactly what people wanted it to be.
#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

Indeed.  Glad I'll get to play the spiritual sequel of the game I wanted to play on my Xbox 360.

#3 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Yea, just saw it.  Embedding is broken in Firefox 3.6.9 and onwards on GB :/

#4 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

OP you owe me new pants

#5 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Hell yes. We can only hope it stays difficult like Demon's Souls. I don't want a dumbed down Demon's Souls. 

#6 Posted by ProfessorEss (7469 posts) -

Demon's Souls, Project Dark... the trailer looks awesome but holy shit they are bad at titles.

#7 Posted by ESREVER (2703 posts) -

Looks amazing... that monster had SO many teeth o.o'  
I don't see Xbox 360 mentioned anywhere on the title screen though. I just see PS3 and From Software, and 2011. 

Has this already been confirmed for a 360 release?

#8 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Indeed.  Glad I'll get to play the spiritual sequel of the game I wanted to play on my Xbox 360. "
Yesssssss. I can't wait.
#9 Posted by Icemael (6355 posts) -

I'm kind of disappointed that it's multiplatform. It probably won't have Demon's Souls' fantastic online functionalities, and since Sony owns that IP, they can't use its awesome lore, either. 

But I'm still fucking excited. It looks like it'll have Demon's Souls systems (hopefully improved; the lock-on in that game was pretty awful) and atmosphere, and the monster designs look terrific.

#10 Edited by ProfessorEss (7469 posts) -
@Icemael said:

" I'm kind of disappointed that it's multiplatform. It probably won't have Demon's Souls' fantastic online functionalities,

Just curious: Why would going multiplatform hinder it's online potential?
#11 Posted by phantomzxro (1583 posts) -
@ESREVER said:
"Looks amazing... that monster had SO many teeth o.o'  I don't see Xbox 360 mentioned anywhere on the title screen though. I just see PS3 and From Software, and 2011.  Has this already been confirmed for a 360 release? "

I believe it will come out for 360 here but it will just be on ps3 in japan which is why the logo was not shown there i'm guessing.
#12 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck Yessssssssss.

#13 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

as long as i can play with my buddy in co-op i will be happy.

#14 Posted by Icemael (6355 posts) -
@ProfessorEss said:
" @Icemael said:

" I'm kind of disappointed that it's multiplatform. It probably won't have Demon's Souls' fantastic online functionalities,

Just curious: Why would going multiplatform hinder it's online potential? "
The thing about Demon's Souls is that the online stuff is present -- and important -- even when you're playing alone which, for most players, is 90% or more of the time. If they use the same online systems in this, people with Silver memberships on Live are going to have a significantly inferior experience even though it's primarily a single-player game (in other words, exactly the kind of game Silver members are interested in).

They can keep the online functionalities the way they are, but that'll probably lose them a whole bunch of sales, so I doubt they will.
#15 Posted by TheHT (11676 posts) -

YES!!! I NEED MORE SOULS!!!

#16 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Icemael said:

" @ProfessorEss said:

" @Icemael said:

Just curious: Why would going multiplatform hinder it's online potential? "
The thing about Demon's Souls is that the online stuff is present -- and important -- even when you're playing alone which, for most players, is 90% or more of the time. If they use the same online systems in this, people with Silver memberships on Live are going to have a significantly inferior experience even though it's primarily a single-player game (in other words, exactly the kind of game Silver members are interested in).

They can keep the online functionalities the way they are, but that'll probably lose them a whole bunch of sales, so I doubt they will. "
 They could probably make the 360 silver members able to see messages, and place messages(if they use that system again. And all of that stuff, just not let them summon others, or get summoned by others. Which would  be fine in my opinion.
#17 Posted by JackSukeru (5949 posts) -

*Excitement*

#18 Posted by Vager (1654 posts) -

Needs more "So the world might be minded" lines.

#19 Posted by Icemael (6355 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" They could probably make the 360 silver members able to see messages, and place messages(if they use that system again. And all of that stuff, just not let them summon others, or get summoned by others. Which would  be fine in my opinion. "
That would be nice, but I understand Microsoft are pretty uptight when it comes to their online services.
#20 Posted by DeathbyYeti (759 posts) -

So much excitement.

#21 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@DeathbyYeti said:
" So much excitement. "
@RockmanBionics said:
" *Excitement* "
@TheHT said:
"

YES!!! I NEED MORE SOULS!!!

"
@xobballox said:
" Fuuuuuuuuuuuck Yessssssssss. "
@luce said:
" OP you owe me new pants "
sticky white stuff
#22 Posted by metalsnakezero (2341 posts) -

This trailer is dripping with Demon's souls looks and feel but so far lots of upgrades to the graphics. 
Also WTF is that!?

#23 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Demon's Souls is a brilliant game, and I'm glad that another one like it is being made.

#24 Posted by Timing (624 posts) -
@metalsnakezero said:
Also WTF is that!?
If you look closely at the background it looks like it might even have wings and be even bigger than we thought.

#25 Posted by metalsnakezero (2341 posts) -
@Timing: Wow, great job on this gif. However, now its makes the picture very creepy, that thing is weird.
#26 Posted by Timing (624 posts) -
@metalsnakezero:  Ha, I didn't make that, I just stole it from NeoGAF. But yes, it is pretty awesome.

The true Demon's Souls starts here.
#27 Posted by perilator666 (471 posts) -

i just cum'd a little.

#28 Posted by SimbaDoozle (45 posts) -

Ah - looks awesome, if only I had a PS3. I liked the music as well, very epic sounding.

#29 Posted by yyZiggurat (1024 posts) -
@SimbaDoozle:  This game will be multiplatform, friendo.
#30 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1666 posts) -

Get hype

#31 Posted by Kallim (36 posts) -

fuck yeeeeees :p I am so looking forward to this. I was hoping that this game wouldn't die out because it was too hardcore. There are way too few games like Demon's Souls these days. 
With everything trying so hard to be accessible to anyone and everyone. If the game is primarily developed for ps3 I hope the xbox version won't just be some half-assed port. 
It seems to me that such ports generally have some quality issues, but hopefully it will be a properly functioning version of the game.

#32 Posted by fugie7 (1109 posts) -

looks pretty cool. I hope that the psn would have a demo of it soon before the actual game comes out. 

#33 Posted by xyzygy (10065 posts) -

This game is gonna be awesome... Now I have to decide what system to pick it up for! I have DS for my PS3, but I love achievements and since this will be coming to the 360 it'll make the decision harder. Sometimes it's nice to have all games in one series on the same system. But I guess this isn't ACTUALLY Demon's Souls 2, so...

#34 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2729 posts) -
@metalsnakezero: Fuck I don't know but it looks AWESOME
#35 Posted by onarum (2229 posts) -

As long as the ps3 version doesn't get hindered by being multiplat I'm fine with that, I just hope they don't streamline it too much because of the 360....

Also it looks like we'll never see how the land of giants looks like after all, I never understood why that stone was broken in the first place, they never explain that, well maybe they will release a DLC for DS after all, at least I hope.

#36 Posted by Matiaz_Tapia (291 posts) -
@metalsnakezero:  That...seems like a" one hit kill to be" if I ever saw one :).
#37 Posted by xyzygy (10065 posts) -
@onarum said:
" As long as the ps3 version doesn't get hindered by being multiplat I'm fine with that, I just hope they don't streamline it too much because of the 360....  Also it looks like we'll never see how the land of giants looks like after all, I never understood why that stone was broken in the first place, they never explain that, well maybe they will release a DLC for DS after all, at least I hope. "
What are you talking about? It's the same developer, why would they hinder it? And the graphics in DS weren't exactly mind blowing, it's definitely something the 360 could have done.
#38 Posted by LiquidPrince (16119 posts) -

Wasn't Atlus dissolved into its parents company.

#39 Edited by xyzygy (10065 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:

" Wasn't Atlus dissolved into its parents company. "

In name only. Their staff and everything is still the same, it's just that right now they're under this weird corporate name. I can't remember it, I'll try to find it. 

Edit: Index Holdings. LOL. Could you imagine? Project Dark, brought to you by Index Holdings.
#40 Posted by Warchief (658 posts) -

i'll have to buy another controller to throw across the room. 

#41 Posted by LiquidPrince (16119 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
" @LiquidPrince said:

In name only. Their staff and everything is still the same, it's just that right now they're under this weird corporate name. I can't remember it, I'll try to find it.  Edit: Index Holdings. LOL. Could you imagine? Project Dark, brought to you by Index Holdings. "
That would suck. So are their games no longer being branded as Atlus?
#42 Edited by xyzygy (10065 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:

" @xyzygy said:

" @LiquidPrince said:

In name only. Their staff and everything is still the same, it's just that right now they're under this weird corporate name. I can't remember it, I'll try to find it.  Edit: Index Holdings. LOL. Could you imagine? Project Dark, brought to you by Index Holdings. "
That would suck. So are their games no longer being branded as Atlus? "
I have no idea, perhaps someone else on the site knows more. Hopefully they will at least keep the Atlus brand for box covers or even make a new one. Because Index Holdings is way too corporate. The wiki page doesn't explain much either.
#43 Posted by LiquidPrince (16119 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
" @LiquidPrince said:

" @xyzygy said:

" @LiquidPrince said:

I have no idea, perhaps someone else on the site knows more. Hopefully they will at least keep the Atlus brand for box covers or even make a new one. Because Index Holdings is way too corporate. The wiki page doesn't explain much either. "
Makes you want to kick someone in a suit in the balls. Or maybe that's just me.
#44 Posted by JJOR64 (19051 posts) -

I'm glad this is coming to Xbox 360.

#45 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

This would make a great Endurance Run. Not a lot of dialogue but bossfights should make up for it. Imagine 20 Yukiko fights in one game.

#46 Edited by Lego_My_Eggo (1068 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:

" @xyzygy said:

" @LiquidPrince said:

" @xyzygy said:

" @LiquidPrince said:

I have no idea, perhaps someone else on the site knows more. Hopefully they will at least keep the Atlus brand for box covers or even make a new one. Because Index Holdings is way too corporate. The wiki page doesn't explain much either. "
Makes you want to kick someone in a suit in the balls. Or maybe that's just me. "
They will still use the Atlus name. Index Holdings owned Atlus for some time before the merger, they just did it to help organize and streamline the company better. Atlus was more or less unchanged by the merger.

And on another note i wonder if this game will still show a players last 10 seconds before they die. Because i remember they used a Sony API to keep track of that stuff.
#47 Posted by xyzygy (10065 posts) -
@Lego_My_Eggo: I found the bloodstain feature to be totally irrelevant and they never ever really did anything for me. it was just a holographic person dodging back and forth until they snap into a death animation.
#48 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

I like when the knight in armor looks up and he's like a zombie skeleton guy.

#49 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (1068 posts) -
@xyzygy: Yeah, in terms of a feature it would have been better if you could see the enemy. But i found it helped drag me into the world a little showing people from the past failing where i hoped to succeed. But this game being a spiritual successor it may not make sense story wise for them to keep some of the online features the way they where in Demon's Souls.
#50 Posted by Spoonman671 (4751 posts) -

That is some Demon's Souls-ass stuff in that trailer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.