Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Tips/ Advice for Brad

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Figured we should make a central thread for @brad to ask any questions he may have while he plays through the game. Try to avoid spoilers in your answers.

I was talking with him on Twitter yesterday about Blacksmiths and now that I have more than 140 characters to express myself, figured I'll start by going into more details about crafting.

There are 4 different Blacksmiths in the game. You can upgrade your weapon at any one of them, but only certain Blacksmiths are able to do certain paths (i.e., +5 to +6, Fire, Divine, Magic, etc.). For example, you could upgrade your Uchigatana at any Blacksmith up to +5. Once it's at +5, you need to choose a new upgrade path. If you want Fire, you have to one particular Blacksmith, if you want Lightning, you have to go a different one.

Since you said you were going high Dex, I'd stick with the Standard reinforcement. That way you can keep the naturally high Dex scaling of your weapons. I'd still make a Divine weapon for the Catacombs though, but don't make your main weapon Divine. You'll just have to change it back afterwards and it'll set you back a bunch of crafting mats.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

lol

You'd have better luck creating this thread on neogaf if you want him to notice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.