Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Two questions for experienced DS players

Awolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Awolf007

Or maybe these aren't that tough: 1. In summoning and invasion, does the system distinguish between first play through and NG+ when determining who qualifies to help/invade? Or is it solely based on +/- 10 pts of soul lvl? 2. Does the pyromancers hand scale with intelligence, or is it just up to +15 and that is the max DMg you can attain?

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm pretty sure the invasion/summoning is solely based on +/- 10% soul level, but that could be wrong. They didn't mention anything about NG+ mattering when I read about it. I'm not sure about the pyro hand, but it did seem to have scaling when I looked at it earlier (I just got it today). I could be wrong however, I didn't really pay attention.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Turambar

The pyromancer flame's physical attack scales with int.  The pyromancy spells increase as you upgrade the flame.  After reaching +15, you can have the hidden witch in Blight Town ascend it, giving it 5 extra levels of upgrades.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Marz

Quelana the Witch in Blighttown can  upgrade the glove past +15.   the ascended pyromancy flame can be upgraded to +5

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Pyro hand only scales with INT when you are using it as a melee weapon, otherwise raising INT won't do anything for your flame damage. After you get to +15 talk to the spider lady (chaos covenant) and she can ascend your hand to +5 effectively maxing it out at +20. It seems like it's going to take a ton of souls to get there though.

My hand is forever stuck at +4 this playthrough. The first Pyro NPC got all pissy about my chaos fireball and decided to turn hollow on me. Next I had my sound turned down (listening to my favorite bombcast of course), so I couldn't tell that I was killing the second trainer before it was too late, and the third trainer in Blight Town only appears when you get your hand to at least +10. So yeah, time to explore other avenues for myself until NG+ although a +4 hand still does some damage.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Canteu

Summoning and invasion both work around +/-10% of your total SL, regardless of playthrough. Whatever random server it dumps you on will dictate wether or not you can see summon signs (also 2 covenants affect summon sign visibility)

Awolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Awolf007

While I have you knowledgeable folks here, where would you say is a good place for a level 70 to throw down a white sign? I got invaded recently in the painted world (I've beaten all bosses except Gwynn and decided to do the painted world before going in for the finale.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.