Upgrading, how does it work?

#1 Edited by MrMuscle (446 posts) -

I havent relly understood the upgrading system fully. So i wanted to hear if anyone had some suggestions on how to spend em. 

Im playing a heavy melee class, switching between sword and board and 2h. Im currently lvl 24, rang the first bell, got lost in the forest and ended up killing the butterfly. Im now with the Drakes and figuring out that im not quite good enough to kill all of those yet. 

My current gear is:

Drake Sword 
Grass chest Shield  
Fang Boar Helmet  
Elite Knight armour  
Elite Knight leggings  
Hard leather gauntlets  

I got 3 x titanite shards, 2 x titanite chinks, 1 x blue titanite chunk and 2 Twinkling titanite shards.

Now the description is that all these reinforce different items, and i see they increase the stats. So should i just reinforce what i can (like my helmet and armour). Or should i hold off til i get some better equipment? I see i cant upgrade the drake sword without a dragon scale, so is there another weapon i should be looking out for? 

EDIT: I also got an Devine Ember.
#2 Posted by Brodehouse (9769 posts) -

With magnets.

#3 Edited by Immuniity (241 posts) -

This image might help.

Edit- Urgh, thats as big as i can make it.

#4 Posted by White (1339 posts) -

@Immuniity: Where you get that? I'm sure the source has to be larger.

#5 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -
@Immuniity said:

Urgh, thats as big as i can make it.

@White said:

@Immuniity: I'm sure the source has to be larger.

That's what she said.
#6 Posted by Immuniity (241 posts) -

@White:

Its been floating for a few days. The version i have is perfectly resonable im just having a hard time making it so while embedded.

#7 Edited by A_Dog (744 posts) -

@White said:

@Immuniity: Where you get that? I'm sure the source has to be larger.

If you copy the URL and take out the "_super" part you can see it fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.