Vendor! PWEEEESE :3

#1 Posted by Bassario (146 posts) -

Oh man, I adore this game its so mind numbingly difficult and unforgiving in places...

But the more I read I get the feeling maybe I did not go the right way, When I was dropped off at firelink I kinda walked around a lot and found that the way up to Undead Burg was the most survivable and then I took a million years exploring that area and beating two bosses (the black knight, and the Balrog thing up on the wall, he fell off on second attempt xD)

Anyway... Now I am stuck at the drake that breathes fire on u, I simply can not get past that guy and I have explored as far as I can in other areas too for example underneath Firelink I got to the ghosts and they were tough so I ran away, I killed the fatties outside Blight Town entrance from the drake valley but Blight Town itself absolutely fills me with a feeling of I am going to die so hard in here and those blue drakes further down in the valley are also too tough and I am like lvl 30 here :S and I just noticed my armor is falling apart... anyway... the whole point of this thread is PLEASE someone direct me on how to find more shops? So far the only useful shop I found that actually had supplies was that undead guy on the balcony in undead burg but I accidentlaly hit him ages ago and he went nuts so I killed him. Lesson learned that this is a bad idea, but another shop like this especially with more armor... would be such a blessing I am so desperate!! thanks!!

#2 Edited by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

The NPCs you should have available to you thus far are:

Blacksmiths - Andrei of Astora (in the area leading to Darkroot Garden, next to the Undead Church where you fought the Gargoygles) and Rickert of Vinheim (in the opening area of New Londo Ruins, before it gets dangerous). Also Vamos if you have balls of fucking steel and feel like delving into the Catacombs.

Merchants - Male Undead (you found and killed him, obviously) and Female Undead (in the Aqueduct shortcut from Lower Undead Burg to Firelink Shrine. Immediately before the Depths)

Trainers - Griggs of Vinheim (rescued in Lower Undead Burg) and Laurentius of the Great Swamp (rescued in the Depths). Both relocate to Firelink once rescued).

This is, of course, assuming you didn't do any crazy sequence breaking.

#3 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1773 posts) -

io dont hink there are any other vendors between where you are but ill pop in the game and look.

#4 Posted by Bassario (146 posts) -

wow thanks, well I really dont know I guess I explored around a lot (mostly just finding things that easily kill me) so I didnt kill any bosses of any kind other than those two I mentioned in the Undead Burg :D oh! right lower u say? I do remember finding a zone that went down that my master key opened and there was a furiously tough guy down there two so I ignored him but I might be tough enough to kill and hopedully find this female vendor xD yes I know of the Blacksmith behind bars but he has no useful stuff sadly so far I just use him for weapon repairs.

Thanks a lot for your help, OH I may have broken the sequence in a way I guess coz just before I sat down to write this I managed to pass the drake by luring him on bridge and sprinting past and I am in the Parish right now, just lit the bonfire and the drake seems to be gone, phew. Should I leave this area and attempt to locate the Lower Undead Burg and then look for this Depths place?

#5 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

@Bassario said:

wow thanks, well I really dont know I guess I explored around a lot (mostly just finding things that easily kill me) so I didnt kill any bosses of any kind other than those two I mentioned in the Undead Burg :D oh! right lower u say? I do remember finding a zone that went down that my master key opened and there was a furiously tough guy down there two so I ignored him but I might be tough enough to kill and hopedully find this female vendor xD yes I know of the Blacksmith behind bars but he has no useful stuff sadly so far I just use him for weapon repairs.

Thanks a lot for your help, OH I may have broken the sequence in a way I guess coz just before I sat down to write this I managed to pass the drake by luring him on bridge and sprinting past and I am in the Parish right now, just lit the bonfire and the drake seems to be gone, phew. Should I leave this area and attempt to locate the Lower Undead Burg and then look for this Depths place?

The Sunlight Altar only skips like, 5 enemies. It shaves about 2 minutes of gameplay off, at absolute most. Kudos for sprinting past the wyvern, all the same.

If you haven't yet rung the first Bell of Awakening, then you should do that before looking for Lower Undead Burg. Basically, here's the "newbie path" for the first "act" of the game.

Northern Undead Asylum -> Firelink Shrine -> Upper Undead Burg -> Undead Parish (You are here) -> Undead Church -> Bell of Awakening -> Lower Undead Burg -> The Depths -> Blighttown -> Bell of Awakening

You are, of course, welcome to explore. But those are the required areas to open the second "act".

#6 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

No go through the parish. You have to ring the bell there. It is the easiest way to go. There is a blacksmith in the parish as well.

#7 Posted by McGhee (6091 posts) -

Hold up shield. Hit that guy. Use more skill.

#8 Posted by Bassario (146 posts) -

@Terramagi said:

@Bassario said:

The Sunlight Altar only skips like, 5 enemies. It shaves about 2 minutes of gameplay off, at absolute most. Kudos for sprinting past the wyvern, all the same.

If you haven't yet rung the first Bell of Awakening, then you should do that before looking for Lower Undead Burg. Basically, here's the "newbie path" for the first "act" of the game.

Northern Undead Asylum -> Firelink Shrine -> Upper Undead Burg -> Undead Parish (You are here) -> Undead Church -> Bell of Awakening -> Lower Undead Burg -> The Depths -> Blighttown -> Bell of Awakening

You are, of course, welcome to explore. But those are the required areas to open the second "act".

Great.. thanks again for this, It is kinda fun getting lost to be honest tho it was gettin to a stage I was more stuck than lost, but Im on the right track now. Lol Armored boar is awesome :P tho I think I will leave him be for now and see if I can get to lower undead burg coz I am so desperate for the vendor!! my armor is gonna fall apart, so the way to lower berg is past that crazy guy in the same tower that lead up to the Balrog thing on the wall?

Just some other minor questions if u dont mind while I got someones attention coz this game is intense! With the whole pvp thing... when I am in human form I could be invaded at any time? I finally saved up some humanity and am itching to use it but my prior experiences were pretty bad, one time I was shopping at my friend's place (before I killed him) and some overpowered guy (player) just came up behind me and shoved his sword into my prostate from behind without warning killing me, another time I was invaded by a fire mage guy who was polite enough and bowed at me from a distance but then when he got close I sliced away at him a fair few times but if felt like he kinda let me before exploding me in two spells. I guess this is just me being new at the game? this is back when I was like lvl 15-20 or something I guess I feel like I know the combat a little now but anyway I digress... while in human form ppl can come and do this to me anytime? The one thing that has bugged me in this game is everytime I reverse the hollowing someone either comes and kills me or I die really quickly like an idiot rolling off some hill or something haha, and it seems so precious.

The other question: Is there really no way to pause the game? lol so mean... so so mean... If In human form it seems I have to exit the game if I wanna go make some tea or something :P

#9 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

@Bassario said:

@Terramagi said:

@Bassario said:

Great.. thanks again for this, It is kinda fun getting lost to be honest tho it was gettin to a stage I was more stuck than lost, but Im on the right track now. Lol Armored boar is awesome :P tho I think I will leave him be for now and see if I can get to lower undead burg coz I am so desperate for the vendor!! my armor is gonna fall apart, so the way to lower berg is past that crazy guy in the same tower that lead up to the Balrog thing on the wall?

Just some other minor questions if u dont mind while I got someones attention coz this game is intense! With the whole pvp thing... when I am in human form I could be invaded at any time? I finally saved up some humanity and am itching to use it but my prior experiences were pretty bad, one time I was shopping at my friend's place (before I killed him) and some overpowered guy (player) just came up behind me and shoved his sword into my prostate from behind without warning killing me, another time I was invaded by a fire mage guy who was polite enough and bowed at me from a distance but then when he got close I sliced away at him a fair few times but if felt like he kinda let me before exploding me in two spells. I guess this is just me being new at the game? this is back when I was like lvl 15-20 or something I guess I feel like I know the combat a little now but anyway I digress... while in human form ppl can come and do this to me anytime? The one thing that has bugged me in this game is everytime I reverse the hollowing someone either comes and kills me or I die really quickly like an idiot rolling off some hill or something haha, and it seems so precious.

The other question: Is there really no way to pause the game? lol so mean... so so mean... If In human form it seems I have to exit the game if I wanna go make some tea or something :P

Lower Undead Burg is accessed via the other end of the bridge with the Hellkite Wyvern. Basically, as you came down from the Taurus Demon, you had Solaire of Astora to your right, the bridge to your left, and the door to the Lower Undead Burg in front of you. You might have the key, or might not. I forget if the Master Key unlocks it. If not, I know for sure that you should have the key after ringing the Bell of Awakening.

As for PvP, yes you can be invaded any time by another player (Darkwraith) if you are "human". Being human also allows you to summon white phantoms, which can help against bosses or - y'know - provide a decent distraction for an invading Darkwraith if the boss door is RIGHT THERE and you know you can't beat them.

And no, you can't pause it. It autosaves pretty often though, so just exit out to the main menu.

#10 Posted by Bassario (146 posts) -

@McGhee: I dunno xD everyones always raving about using shields everywhere I read so I wanna be alternative and use claymores :P that black knight sword I snagged seems to be more than twice as powerful as most of my weapons! Also patiently getting the hang of parrying with a dagger or thrusting sword in the off hand tho this is proving even more challenging than rolling around and getting that huge backstab damage from 2handering lol..

#11 Posted by Bassario (146 posts) -

Thanks again everyone I feel more confident now. What a fun game... its funny I went and bought the PS3 version just 2 days ago because everyone said that the PC port was hellishly poorly done! But will they release the extra content on PS3? I am worried about that after reading the PC version has extra stuff. Anyway back at it, thanks again

#12 Posted by pweidman (2215 posts) -

TC, while you're getting through the Parish(after the blacksmith), go out into the Garden and the Forest. There are some excellent armor pieces to be found throughout both areas. And yeah no pause nor mercy, lol, only bonfires to take a break for a spot of tea. :)

#13 Posted by JackSukeru (5817 posts) -

@Bassario: The key to Lower Undeadburg is in the Parish, outside the church down the stairs.

You can be invaded in most areas that are proper connected levels but only so long as the boss of that area is still alive, after you kill the boss you can never be invaded in that area. There are some exceptions to this I think, but I can't recall them at the moment. If you want to see if you are in a area where you can be invaded try putting your summoning sign down, since you can only put it down in areas where you can also be invaded.

As long as you have a (Xbox) controller the PC version is the superior version, it might not take advantage of a lot of things being on PC provided it, but it is at least on par with the console versions from my experience.

#14 Posted by Bassario (146 posts) -

Yeah, it seems the only ppl who invade are real cheapasses who are not on their first play through and are looking for cheap kills, this last guy took a 2hand greatsword to the spine for 75% of his life so he started backpeddling like crazy firing his crossbow which was something insanely fancy looking, it really is a bad game mechanic, if only they had a way to discern who was on their first playthrough and group them together it would actually be fun :(

#15 Posted by j0lter (213 posts) -

@Terramagi: I didn't even realize Vamos existed until my second playthrough XD shows how well i explored the catacombs...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.