Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Vinnys Dark Souls review video

ashenn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ashenn

Now please mistake me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a video review type thing that featured Vinny storming off camera at one point?

I have looked all over but have yet to find it. Any of you fine gentlemen know if/where this exists?

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By yoshimitz707
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

I think you mean his top ten of 2011 video?

The Dark Souls bit is at 1:20.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

This is the second thread today asking for a Dark Souls related video. What gives?

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By NegativeCero

I don't think he finished the game, and there was no review by anyone.

ludorverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ludorverr

He did not finish the game. If he did it would've been his #1 GOTY.

ashenn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By ashenn

@Yummylee Many thanks good sir =D

I don't know about others but it's on my mind again due to upcoming dlc. So I have just run through the whole game with a new char. So much fun!!!

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EXTomar

@ludorverr said:

You don't need to finish that game to figure out if they will like it or not.

ludorverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ludorverr

@EXTomar said:

@ludorverr said:

Nope, it's very easy for people to quit the game when they get frustrated and then be soured on the entire experience. The act of quitting a game like that subconsciously rapes your ego whether you like it or not. "Taking a break" is suicide for such a game.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Akyho
    OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By OllyOxenFree
    @SoothsayerGB said:

I really miss Kessleer and Rory's snot snow bad.

what
    EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EXTomar

@ludorverr said:

@EXTomar said:

@ludorverr said:

Nope, it's very easy for people to quit the game when they get frustrated and then be soured on the entire experience. The act of quitting a game like that subconsciously rapes your ego whether you like it or not. "Taking a break" is suicide for such a game.

In that case, shouldn't that "count against the game" if the beginning is frustrating? Why would a game that has a frustrating beginning be GOTY?

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By tim_the_corsair

@EXTomar said:

@ludorverr said:

@EXTomar said:

@ludorverr said:

In that case, shouldn't that "count against the game" if the beginning is frustrating? Why would a game that has a frustrating beginning be GOTY?

There's no point having this conversation; the Dark Souls devoted consider all the horrible flaws in that game to be "features"

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Loafsmooch

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@EXTomar said:

@ludorverr said:

@EXTomar said:

@ludorverr said:

There's no point having this conversation; the Dark Souls devoted consider all the horrible flaws in that game to be "features"

There are no horrible flaws in Dark Souls. Some people just have to accept that the game is not for them. Just like the "devoted", like myself, have to accept that Dark Souls never could've been GOTY, it's a niche game for a niche audience.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@Loafsmooch said:

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@EXTomar said:

@ludorverr said:

@EXTomar said:

@ludorverr said:

There are no horrible flaws in Dark Souls. Some people just have to accept that the game is not for them. Just like the "devoted", like myself, have to accept that Dark Souls never could've been GOTY, it's a niche game for a niche audience.

As somone who loved all my time with Dark Souls. It has flaws. To say otherwise makes you seem "blind."

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By TruthTellah

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@EXTomar said:

@ludorverr said:

@EXTomar said:

@ludorverr said:

Your game has intuitive menus? Helpful information? Few glitches? Adjustable controls? A -map-? Why don't you just have your Nanny play the whole game for you, ya coddled modern gamer!

I think the games are amazing and some of the biggest triumphs of this generation of gaming, but you're darn right it has flaws. It's a niche title for sure, but that's still no excuse for dismissing any and all criticism of it.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Loafsmooch

@Manhattan_Project said:

@Loafsmooch said:

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@EXTomar said:

@ludorverr said:

@EXTomar said:

@ludorverr said:

As somone who loved all my time with Dark Souls. It has flaws. To say otherwise makes you seem "blind."

I said horrible flaws. Ofcourse it has flaws. All games have flaws, nothing is perfect if you care to look for it.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@Loafsmooch said:

@Manhattan_Project said:

@Loafsmooch said:

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@EXTomar said:

@ludorverr said:

@EXTomar said:

@ludorverr said:

I said horrible flaws. Ofcourse it has flaws. All games have flaws, nothing is perfect if you care to look for it.

Horrible flaws, sorry.

My comment still stands.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By TobbRobb

What's with the hating guys... One mans flaw is another mans feature, don't tey to convince each other, it's a waste of time. I really enjoyed Dark Souls and all it's crazy niche ideas. But I know enough about it to see that most people probably just think it's bad design.

Don't enjoy it? Then it's not for you, all games aren't meant to be played by everyone.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EXTomar

I am simply objecting to the statement "Vinny needed to finish Dark Souls and it would have been game of the year". No one needs to finish a game to formulate an opinion on it. Why would someone select a game with a frustrating start that made them abandon it as their favorite of the year? Vinny is free to formulate whatever opinion on what ever game where suggesting either one of those is silly let alone both or together is doubly so.

Avatar image for alianthaberries
    AlianthaBerries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AlianthaBerries

I am here to defend dark souls. Go away dark souls haters! Please?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.