Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

weapon management and repair

Colemang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Colemang

anyone got any pointers on weapon management?

my battle axe is apparently broken.  i can't equip it anymore.  i'm left with a broken sword hilt.  takes forever to kill anything.  heaven help me if there is more than one mob and they have shields (argh!).  i don't remember getting a warning about the weapon breaking but i very well could have missed that.  i understand weapon repair comes later with certain items and npcs.  anyone confirm that the expectation is to tough it out with the hilt and battle skills until i can repair?

i've seen other forums that said use your best weapons on bosses and larger enemies, but not on common trash.  must've been where i screwed up.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HerbieBug

Buy a new weapon at the merchant in the first area.  He's down some stairs near the bonfire where Rorie was saved at the start of the quicklook.  

You can also purchase the ability to repair equipment at bonfires from this guy for 3000 souls.   The blacksmith who repairs your stuff for a fee can be found shortly after the metal bull thing.  You see him at the end of the QL. 

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By huntad

I don't think you can repair a broken weapon. I remember reading somewhere that broken weapons and armor are pretty much junk. Your best bet is to find a different weapon. Also, you can buy repair kits from vendors. Make sure to read the item descriptions.

You can repair damaged equipment, but not broken equipment.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CaptainTightPants
    @huntad: That theory was disproved by some guy on youtube. Apparently you can repair broken weapons but not crystal weapons.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.