Well played, good sir.

Posted by shodan2020 (659 posts) -

Got my first forest defense kill! He was in Dark Knight Armor and had a nasty sword and shield. He hid in a corner by the forest entrance between the stairs and cliff face. He didn't know that I have the Force spell.. which is a quick firing spell that force projects an small area around my body. I have 21 uses per attunement of them... I fired them off real quick and managed to time it right to knock him off the cliff and into oblivion. I made a small bow. I think I get a percentage of the defeated player's souls.. so this time it was around 7k, which is AWESOME and a large chunk of titanite, plus i'm on the defender board now in terms of covenant rank. I need to go see Alvina. :)

#1 Posted by shodan2020 (659 posts) -

Got my first forest defense kill! He was in Dark Knight Armor and had a nasty sword and shield. He hid in a corner by the forest entrance between the stairs and cliff face. He didn't know that I have the Force spell.. which is a quick firing spell that force projects an small area around my body. I have 21 uses per attunement of them... I fired them off real quick and managed to time it right to knock him off the cliff and into oblivion. I made a small bow. I think I get a percentage of the defeated player's souls.. so this time it was around 7k, which is AWESOME and a large chunk of titanite, plus i'm on the defender board now in terms of covenant rank. I need to go see Alvina. :)

#2 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@shodan2020 said:

You get all the souls he had. Course he can just run back to his blood stain and get em.  

You need at least 3 kills to get the fog ring. (Its now kinda useless in PVP) After the ring there are no more rewards.  

If you are playing 360 Maybe I should come play in the forest. See if you can stave off a real fighter. 
#3 Posted by AndyD74 (169 posts) -

"If you are playing 360 Maybe I should come play in the forest. See if you can stave off a real fighter." Damn!!

#4 Edited by MuttersomeTaxicab (668 posts) -

Congrats! After dropping into a shit ton of worlds over the past couple days as a forest defender, I managed to score two kills in around fifteen minutes last night. The first was a straight-up one-on-one where I manged to time my combustion as a sort of parry to interrupt their attacks a few times. After that, I just poked 'em once with my spear and they were done. The second, I just happened to hop into a world after another defender had the invader on the ropes. Short of circling around and looking menacing to force the invader into turning their back on the other defender, I didn't do a whole lot.

This morning was my third kill and netted me the fog ring. I'd hopped into the world of one of those annoying invaders that summons another player to farm forest defenders. I managed to get behind their co-op partner and fry him while another defender kept the target busy and lured them into the demonic foliage milling about. Then cue Yakety Sax music as the invader thrashed around, trying to dodge two defenders and aggroing an impressive amount of demonic foliage before finally getting backstabbed by the other defender. Given how many times I've hopped into those situations just to get mashed by two well-prepared and fully-equipped invaders, it was a nice feeling to give some back.

Now I guess I need to jack Shiva's bodyguard and join the servants of chaos for a spell. (literally.)

#5 Posted by AndyD74 (169 posts) -

I joined the Chaos Covenant this morning and got the Great Chaos Fireball, then promptly killed the covenant leader as a thank you. (really killed her for the firekeeper soul)

#6 Posted by Freshbandito (660 posts) -

My favourite pvp moment so far has been when I was helping a friend through the catacombs, we were on the raised platform with the switch that spun the bridge when he was invaded;

the person who's world it was spotted the invader crossing the now traversable bridge and attempted to use the same switch he'd just used to flip the bridge again and cast the invader into the abyss but alas found the switch wouldn't budge, the defender took up his flame and kept the invader away from the ladder to his raised position by flinging some pyromancy around but eventually the invader gained the ladder and climbed up. the invader starts pushing his prey into a corner with feverish fury born of being kept away by primordial fire for so long, as though he were some beast of prehistoric man's time. he pushes the advantage and breaks his prey's guard and is preparing to deliver the final blow, he's elated and in his triumph he is unaware that one of the vases in the corner of the platform has moved up slowly behind him and is grinning like a chimp in heat, a golden, handsome, chivalrous, modest defender of peace, solidarity and all you can eat chicken for £3.95 leaps forward out of the vase illusion and runs the filthy dog through with a greatsword before leaping into the air pumping his fist.

Don't think I'll ever have as satisfying a kill.

#7 Posted by thebatmobile (979 posts) -

So, the multiplayer works now? I remember when I played at launch nothing of that worked as intended.

#8 Posted by AndyD74 (169 posts) -

@Freshbandito, please tell more stories. :D

#9 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@shodan2020 said:

You get all the souls he had.

That doesn't seem to be the case. I have done a good bit of Kiln PVP and I don't think I have ever gotten over 100,000 souls and meanwhile I run around with millions of souls because I can always get them back.

#10 Posted by shodan2020 (659 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man: I am playing on the 360, and I can't even stave off a half decent fighter in the woods. Unless they try and turtle in that corner by the front door and cliff edge. Then I can blast them off with Force. :)

#11 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@shodan2020 said:

@The_Laughing_Man: I am playing on the 360, and I can't even stave off a half decent fighter in the woods. Unless they try and turtle in that corner by the front door and cliff edge. Then I can blast them off with Force. :)

So far no one who has invaded me has been able to kill me. Most rush in and attack 

What level are you? 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.