Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

What class are you playing as?

hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By hungrynun

Now that the game's been out for a good week what classes have you guys stuck with and has it been working out for you? And I don't mean just tell me the names the game gave you in the beginning give me some details.

I'm rolled a 2H wielding warrior in honor of Berserk's Guts.

Sorry if this thread has already been made I looked around a bit and couldn't find any.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MezZa

I have three I'm switching between. A strength focused pyromancer, a glass cannon sorcerer pure magic type, and a str focused faith guy.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By cornbredx

There was a thread like this somewhere, but whatevs

I picked the cleric, but I'm building the stats kind of like what I consider a paladin. Working on building up strength mainly right now.

Really wish there was more maces. So far I've only seen 2 (the one cleric starts with which is bad ass and a spiked one you can loot fairly early but isn't as good as the cleric starting one). I'm sure there's more (hopefully) later but just sayin'.

Nitrocore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Nitrocore

I chose and stuck with the Warrior. Weapon wise I use the Drake Sword because thats the best thing iv'e found so far, and it's fairly early on. Iv'e hit a few dead ends but there's always a weak spot in the game, somewhere.

proflate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By proflate

Quelaag's Fury Sword, Black Bow of Pharis and Havel's Greatshield.

Unstoppable.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By DarthOrange

@Nitrocore said:

I chose and stuck with the Warrior. Weapon wise I use the Drake Sword because thats the best thing Iv'e found so far and it's fairly early on. Iv'e hit a few dead ends but there's always a weak spot in the game, somewhere.

Yea i'm playing a hunter primarily fighting with arrows but also using the drake sword if they get too close. That thing is crazy strong.

hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By hungrynun

@CornBREDX: I was actually thinking of doing a paladin sword/shield on my next play through. Is he working out alright for you? The thought of casting holy shit on my blade before going into battle is really appealing.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mrsignerman44

@hungrynun said:

I'm rolled a 2H wielding warrior in honor of Berserk's Guts.

This, except I prefer knight. 2handing zweihander though.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By cornbredx

@hungrynun: I love it, and I find it very satisfying. I also feel he hits pretty damn hard with the mace (I have it upgraded to +5 because basically its the best weapon I've seen other then the drake sword which I cant upgrade yet anyway and I hate using it cus everyone does =P). I haven't been able to cast anything on my weapon yet but I am still just into lower undead burg and I haven't really looked into it much yet.

But ya, so far I love it.

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By CJduke

I choose Knight, I have the crystal shield, with the drake sword, the gold-hemmed armor (which is badass looking) and I just learned the soul arrow spells so I could fight the Butterfly boss easier. I'm currently at 29 strength and I really want to get to 50 so i can use the dragon axe but that's gonna take a while.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.