Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

What did you get done today?

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Joeyoe31

I think we should create a log of what everyone did today.

I personally

• Beat Sen's Fortress
    • got to Anor Londo
    • beat the knight and fatman boss
    • talked to Gwynevere and got the ability to teleport
    • killed the firelink shrine murderer and returned the soul of the firelink maiden
    • joined the chaos servant convenant
    • beat the moonlight butterfly

Pretty good day, post what you guys did today too.

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Edin899

Killed the gargoyle boss and rang the first bell...

Now i'm stuck fighting the capra demon without any arrows, spells, bombs,, just melee.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Azteck

Ran up a stair, got blown up by god knows what, survived the fall but ended up on a ledge I couldn't escape from so I turned off my xbox in dismay.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Joeyoe31

@Edin899: The first 30 second of that fight will determine whether you win or lose that fight. Dodge the dogs and the Capra Demon and go up the stairs, from there try to kill the dogs. If you do you've pretty much won the fight.

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Edin899

@Joeyoe31 said:

@Edin899: The first 30 second of that fight will determine whether you win or lose that fight. Dodge the dogs and the Capra Demon and go up the stairs, from there try to kill the dogs. If you do you've pretty much won the fight.

Do you know a place where i can buy arrows or bombs? I killed the first merchant that sells them to you by accident.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FateOfNever

Well. I'm probably going to write a blog about it, actually. Today though I have yet to touch the game. Yesterday I did all sorts of crazy stuff. Like cutting off the tail of the gaping dragon. Failed to cut off the tail of the giant rat. Made way way to the bottom of Blighttown. You know, the usual.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Seppli

Kill the Butterfly dude. Killed a black knight. Dabbled my feet here and dipped a toe in the water there. The water's damn hot everywhere.

Next up, grinding 15k souls for the poison resi ring to get the second bell rung tonight.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Chop

Cleared the ice caves, the catacombs, and New Londo Ruins. Only one more area to goooooo

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Got the Drake Sword, killed the gargoyles, and killed the black knight in the Undead Parish.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Joeyoe31

@Edin899: Sorry but I don't, I still have to go to that merchant to get Arrows whenever I need them.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrMuscle

- Decided i had died enough on the Capra Demon last night so i gave him a break 
    - Went to the forest and tried my luck there (ran past that lightining spewing thing cuz i didnt have a clue how to kill it) 
    - Got molested alot by some walking armour in the forest 
    - Managed to kill the butterfly and got some stuff 
    - Went back to Firelink shrine to search for the woman who upgrades my flasks 
    - Ended up killing tons of skeletons and found some catacombs 
    - Went into the catacombs and 1 minute later ran screaming out 
    - Found the woman and upgraded my flasks 
    - Apparently i joined the white something covenant, had 10 flasks every time i rested for a while 
    - Went back into the forest and tried the lowest path 
    - Killed a glowing lizard!  
    - Opened a door and got ambushed by a guy with a weird armour and huge club
    - Saw some huge diamond guys and ran away  
    - Found a cave with an elevator that lead to a bunch of drakes 
    - Managed to kill one drake over and over, but died on number 2 every damn time
    - Went and found my balls and went back to the Capra Demon and killed him! 
    - Entered the depths 
    - Tippy toed my way around tons of zombies and guys with meat cleavers and ugly ass dogs and slime that tried to eat me and huge rats 
    - Got invaded for the first time by a player and laied the smackdown on his candy ass! 
    - Found the vagina dragon boss dealy and got killed 8475839 times untill i figured out that maybe i should kill the guy who keeps shooting me first 
    - Killed the boss and chopped his tale of so i got this awesome ax that i need 50 str to wield (im at 28) 
    - Went and tried my hand on the huge rat 
    - Rat spanked me 
    - Did a chicken chit tactics on the rat and killed it with a spear 
    - Entered Blight Town and the first mob down the hole knocked me over the side 
    - Went back to Recover my stuff but got knocked over the side before i managed to do that 
    - Said FFFFFFFFFFFFF and went and watch fridays Smackdown instead! 
    - Maybe go back and try again, its only 7pm here

Tacobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Tacobot

Went down to Ash Lake and made some commitments. Then spent what seemed like hours clawing my way back up and through blight town to the surface, it so depressing down there.

oh yea i opened the door in the forest too great place to farm souls if your strong enough.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SuperWristBands

@Joeyoe31 said:

• killed the firelink shrine murderer and returned the soul of the firelink maiden

How does this guy work exactly? I was kinda worried about what he'd do to the firelink maiden because I don't really know what she does, so I kicked the dude off the edge when he was in Firelink. I didn't get his armour but I did still get his ring and 5 humanity.

As for what I have done today, nothing. I haven't played yet. Woke up at 11 and entertained some visiting family members. Gonna go start playing very soon.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By ProfessorEss

Painted my newly drywalled laundry room and mowed the lawn. 

Oh, you mean Dark Souls. Nothing.

Putting a second coat on in about three hours, then watching Hockey Night in Canada then hoping to get a little Dark Souling done.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nohthink

Well, I played it last night and I'll play more tonight but last night, I...

• Killed Bell Gargoyles
    • Ring the first bell
    • Got the axe
    • Killed headless lightening shooting demon
    • Killed the Midnight Butterfly
    • Went down and got killed my a bunch of thieves
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Turambar
    @Edin899 said:

Killed the gargoyle boss and rang the first bell...

Now i'm stuck fighting the capra demon without any arrows, spells, bombs,, just melee.

I actually suggest you skip the capra demon for now and keep going further into the forest.  Kill the moonlight butterfly, a very easy boss, get a bunch of levels, get the divine ember, then go back to the capra demon.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

- Defeated the lightning dude near the blacksmith, he looked way more evil then he was.
    - Cut down some trees in the forest, saw white mist and ran back.
    - Went down the slope, killed some crystal dudes and looted the body near the hydra.
    - Got mangled by the hydra, barely escaped.
    - Locked door, so further down we went, only to be scared silly and thrown of a ledge by a black knight.
    - Went back and killed the fucker for his halberd, kthnxbai.
    - Back to the mist, cleared all of the golems and tree boys, died 5 times on the butterfly (amazing music) before I got her.
    - Entered the burg basement, which is where I should have been way earlier, fought some bandits and dogs, had a lot of fun with the section till the Capra demon ruined my day.
    More Dark Souls tomorrow, I love it.

Still need to find a better scimitar, love those things and my +5 is getting old.

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mariek430

@SuperWristBands said:

@Joeyoe31 said:

How does this guy work exactly? I was kinda worried about what he'd do to the firelink maiden because I don't really know what she does, so I kicked the dude off the edge when he was in Firelink. I didn't get his armour but I did still get his ring and 5 humanity.

As for what I have done today, nothing. I haven't played yet. Woke up at 11 and entertained some visiting family members. Gonna go start playing very soon.

After you ring the second bell he kills the chick in the cage he's sitting across from. Later on in the game you can invade his world or whatever and kill him for that ring, and his gold armor, along with the fire maiden's soul, which will restore the fire maiden in Firelink.

Chick in Firelink will upgrade your Estus potion to heal for more when you bring her Firekeeper souls, you should have at least one by now if you freed Lautrec, its in the table behind the mini tower knight guy in the undead church.

Each Firekeeper soul will increase the hp restored by the potion by 100, I think.

untoward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By untoward

- Killed the two Church minibosses. Then cashed in some humanity so I could -

- Killed the gargoyles with the help of the Sunshine man. Rang bell.

Then banged my head against the wall with the Capra Demon. So instead I went on a Knight killing spree.

- Killed the black knight guarding the ring in the undead burg, and then

- Killed Havel for his ring. (I'm a thief, and this ring is a GODsend - As I can wield a 100% shield now, and still roll fast) Also there's a door there down to a new area, but I was on a mission.

- Killed the Knight above that area just before the mechaboar, only to find that he wasn't guarding ANYTHING. Pointless?

- Died again and again fighting the hallway knights at the undead asylum. There's just NO ROOM to maneuver. Also, am I the only one who HATES those torch weilding zombie bastards?

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SuperWristBands

@Mariek430: Okay, cool. I did get the soul and upgraded my flasks but I thought she had more to do with the bonfires 'cause the Dark Souls wiki said she takes care of the bonfires so I got all worried and thought that I'd be locked out of using them until I got her soul back!

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sanious

Went back to the tutorial area, beat a few knights and beat a boss for 20k souls.

Goboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Goboard

Since I haven't played any yet today I'll just post what I did yesterday

• Went to the forest to farm toxic cure moss for Blightown
    • Met the crystal guys and ran crying when the Hydra starting shooting at my across the entire level
    • Went down an elevator in the forest, saw a Drake and ran like a bitch back to the elevator.
    • Went back to Blightown after getting the spider shield (Its a must in order to survive)
    • made it to the first bonfire on the bridge in Blightown and died multiple times trying to get down the ground floor
    • Made it to the ground floor and died repeatedly until I found out the Shadow armor is fantastic for surviving the poison.
    • Tried to find the boss/bonfire and with no luck died several times losing a total of 13k souls.
    • gave up for the night
    • Found out that I needed to go right instead of left to get to the second bonfire and feel like an idiot for not trying a different direction.
    Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By Cwaff

Levelled up to 17.

Killed the Boar thing and got his helmet, unfortunately it's too heavy to use at the moment.

Shot the dragons tail until I got an awesome sword.

Managed to Kindle a Bonfire.

4 hours well spent!

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Turambar

Got through the depths and beat the Gaping.  That was a rather disappointingly easy boss fight.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Turambar
    @Goboard: What's so important about the spider shield?  Does it have +poison resistance or something?
    Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I finished the depths and I'm about to fight the boss in Blightown. Blightown really is as bad as everyone is saying, what a pain in the ass area and shitty framerates all over the place. If anyone reading this is about to enter Blightown from the depths, I'm pretty sure you can just take the shortcut from Valley of the Drakes and skip to the end, there's no one way door you have to unlock or anything. I'd recommend trying it as Blightown has definitely been the low point of the game so far.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Turambar: It doesn't increase the poison resistance stat but I believe it prevents poison and toxin if you block the attack. There are these guys in Blightown that shoot toxic peashooter darts at you and I'm not sure if blocking with a different shield blocks the buildup. Toxic is a pain because it kills you much faster than poison and uses a seperate cure item which is a rarer drop (I have 40ish poison cure items from the trees in Darkroot but only a handful of the toxic cures that drop from the same enemies). You can buy them though.
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Animasta

I just made my way through blight town... only died like twice! pretty proud of myself (though the toxic blow dart dudes suck) and got to the second bonfire.

Goboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Goboard

@Turambar: It ups your toxic resistance which helps against the blowdart guys. But fortunately if you kill the blowdart guys they don't ever respawn so that helps as well.

Ghost249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ghost249

-Have a knight at lvl 22 with eleven hours spent

-Remade new character got him at the same lvl in 3 hours, killed gargoyle and rang first bell

-creating shortcuts, gonna kill capra demon again on new character

-slayed that yurt like guy (or firelink murder) for ring and humanity, not sure if I can get the firemaidens soul again or if I will invade his world later)

-slayed some skeletons near catacombs, got winged spear :D

-also ran into darkroot forest screaming past everything and those statues to get elite knight armor and ran back to take care of plant like things and escaped statue guys, will kill them later when I cant get my str and dex up

-Currently working on improving fat roll to quick roll by pumping stuff into endurance

-helped a player against gargoyle

-opened more shortcuts

-chilling at bonfire for now

That was my day so far and in 3 hours and 30 minutes for my new char

game is fun, still love demon's souls as well

plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By plop1920

- Finished getting my 3 invasion kills for the forest covenant, got my cloak ring!

- Made a divine weapon so I could clear the catacombs

- Joined the Gravelord servant covenant in the catatcombs

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kingzetta
    @Seppli said:

Kill the Butterfly dude. Killed a black knight. Dabbled my feet here and dipped a toe in the water there. The water's damn hot everywhere.

Next up, grinding 15k souls for the poison resi ring to get the second bell rung tonight.

the spider shield blocks poison
    Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Deathshroud

Got cursed :(

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I finally beat those bastard Bell Gargoyles. Fuck those guys. I ended up rerolling as a pyromancer because my cleric just wasn't cutting it for that fight. But now I feel pretty good, ready to conquer the next area. I also killed a Black Knight, which wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be, and managed to kill one of the crystal things.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#35  Edited By jacksukeru

Today as in "counting from when I woke up because I spent all night and morning playing Dark Souls" not much. Still collecting souls around the area where they ended the quicklook, killed the second black knight by two-handing the dragon tail sword (not enough strength on my gal), sneaking up and stabbing him in the back then launched two shockwaves at him once he got up. Not quite as exciting as killing the first one but still pretty satisfying.

RYU/BATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RYU/BATMAN

absolutely nothing, forgot to play, it happens

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By McShank

@SuperWristBands said:

@Joeyoe31 said:

u lost the chance to get his armor or the maidens armor.

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mpgeist

Just killed Gaping Dragon. The journey from the Capra Demon down to that bonfire had me on edge, got down to only having one estus flask and getting quite anxious.

mackgyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mackgyver

Worked, came home and ate lunch.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By strainedeyes
    • Created a Divine weapon +3 for Catacomb use.
    • Started and finished the Catacombs, did not venture into the Giants area.
    • Reinforced a Winged Spear +10
    • Scoped out Sen's Fortress, died a lot and got confused.
    • Fell into tar pit, killed one of the two big dudes down there, died fighting the other one and avoiding lightning sniper shots.
    gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#41  Edited By gla55jAw
    • Hit level 30 and increased Dex so I could equip the Long Bow
    • Killed the Moonlight Butterfly
    • Found the Elite Knight Armor
    • Going to start farming the forest soon and look for the Eastern Armor.
    Thor_Molecules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Thor_Molecules
    • I went in and killed the Gargoyles with the help of the NPC summon Solaire, rang my first bell.
    • I spent 2 hours playing co-op helping people out with the Gargoyles, ended up getting some Sun Medals, lots of humanity and souls.
    • Hit level 22
    • Got invaded, but won the fight.
    • Killed Havel The Rock, looted his amazing ring.
    • Got my ass stomped by the Capra Demon in the lower Burg, but did acquire the full leather armor set from one of the houses.
    Avatar image for andrewbeardsley
    AndrewBeardsley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AndrewBeardsley

picked my character

killed some skeletons

died.

went outside

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MrMuscle

A small update before I call it a day. 
     - took a break from dying in blight town and headed up for some fresh air 
    - took out the one legged, lightning guy by the blacksmith 
    - went back to the valley of drakes and tried to clear it out - failed miserably  
    - killed one drake, went left and ran past the next one towards a big mound on the cliff side 
    - found a sword and shield by the big mound, which promptly started to move and one shotted me. It was a undead dragon  
    - ran back and past the dragon into a cave. Saw two big npcs, got scared and ran away.  
    - decided to try my hand at the hydra. Killed the diamond golems easily enough but got killed a million times by hydras ranged attack  
    - found out that running on the left side made the projectiles miss me  
    - killed the hydra and got a scale that I upgraded my drake sword with  
    - found a ladder by the hydra lake that I climbed - ended up in a part of the forest I hadnt seen before and got mobbed by a ton of hugging trees  
    - went back to the firelink shrine and chatted with the new npcs 
    - hit lvl 32  
    - remembered I had a black knight left to kill  
    - when that was done I found a door right before the first boss that I now had the key to  
    - it led to Havel, who slaughtered me

Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By Nentisys

Killed the "titanite demon" or whatever his name is at the smith near darkroot garden.

Explored both Darkroot Basin / Darkroot Garden. Killed Moonlight Butterfly. Got killed by the hydra many times until I gave up. Also died to Havel a couple times and left him alone.

Sprinted past the red dragon on the bridge and opened the shortcut.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#46  Edited By jacdg

Killed some knights in the Burg thing, got the Havel ring, then I tried to move past the Londo Ruins, but that didn't work very well, since those damn things kept sneaking up on me from inside walls and shit, then proceeded to do nothing at all for an hour, killed the fire shrine murderer, got his ring and the tried to kill the Capra Demon, but since there is no fucking room to maneuver I became frustrated for the first time in about 8 hours of playtime, only time so far I've thought the difficult was because the game "cheated" me.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By Nux

Killed the gargoyles, Rang the first bell, killed the black knight in the Undead Parish and died a lot to poison and toxic in Blighttown.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#48  Edited By the_hiro_abides
    • Killed Moonlight Butterfly
    • Killed Capra Demon
    • Killed Gaping Dragon
    • Killed the fire spider lady in blight town
    • Rang the second bell and now contemplating on exploring the demon ruins
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#49  Edited By ImperiousRix

First couple of hours with the game, so thus far, my only notable feats seem to be...

-Defeated the Taurus Demon

-Got past the Bridge Dragon

-Killed the Armored Boar and got a helm from him

Despite all my preparation, the game is kickin' my ass. Wondering whether I chose the right class or not.

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SuperWristBands
    • Killed Capra Demon (3 tries)
    • Killed Gaping Dragon (1 try)
    • Went back to the tutorial area and traded stuff to the crow and got murdered by the underground boss.
    • Killed the Witch spider demon lady (2 tries)
    • Rang the second bell
    • Glitched Ceaseless Discharge to its death and got the sweet gold trimmed armour (died about 5 times before looking at a guide for cheap strategies and totally found the best kind)
    • Got scared by a mimic - twice!
    • Replaced the Drake Sword with the Lightning Spear
    • Killed the Iron Golem (like 10 tries cause I was determined to knock him off, eventually gave up and killed him normally)
    • Somehow managed to hold onto my 2 (now three!) humanity I've been holding for so, so long. (seriously, I've found 5 humanity so far that aren't consumable... I thought I'd find more)
    • Got the achievement for arriving at Ador Londor (or whatever the name was)

And most importantly:

• I died. A lot. (like a lot)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.