Where can I find good armors?

#1 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

I'm level 26 Warrior. I got the black knight shield, and Drake Sword.

But I'm still wearing the same armor from the beginning of the game. I upgraded them a bit because... I had to survive.

Is there any good armors that I can get or find?

#2 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3625 posts) -

There's a set of Elite Knight armour in Darkroot Garden.

#3 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

@TheSeductiveMoose: ?? Really? I was there! i killed the Midnight Butterfly!! What part of that garden??

#4 Edited by Spoonman671 (4689 posts) -
@TheSeductiveMoose said:

There's a set of Elite Knight armour in Darkroot Garden.

The Eastern Armor is also there, in the area past the sealed door.

If you've beaten Quelaag already, then you can continue through the area past that fight into the Demon Ruins.  Not far into this area you will find the Gold-Hemmed Black armor set past the Ceaseless Discharge boss.  He won't attack you until you pick up the armor, but he almost certainly will kill you.  You'll lose your souls, but you get to keep the armor.
#5 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

@Spoonman671: Well... I haven't been able to go through the sealed door yet. So far I've killed Capra Demon, Midnight Butterfly and Bell Gargoyles. Have not gone to the cemetery area where skeletons lurk around yet. Have been trying to kill the stone golem for awhile but I thought i could come back later. Have not gone to the Depth yet but I can definitely go there.... lol Guess I did not really make a lot of progresses.

#6 Edited by McDunkin (320 posts) -

You can get a set of stone armor from a chest that is far better than the eastern armor and elite knight armor (as well as the gold-hemmed black armor). You will need to either be able to get past the crest door in the darkmoon garden or you can get into the same area by taking a back entrance where the hydra is in the darkmoon basin. If you managed to kill the hydra you can take a ladder up by the large waterfall and then get into the back of the garden that way without having to buy the key for the crest door. The enemies here will likely kill you though so I would really recommend just helping people kill the capra demon a couple of times to get the 20k souls for the crest from the blacksmith in the undead parish

If you go through the crest door be sure the break the wall and checkpoint at the bonfire because most of the enemies in this area will kill you in a single hit. There are five humanoid mobs to take care of which you can do normally or you can glitch them into running off of a cliff by standing on the ledge to the left of the stairs that you go down after going through the crest door. After that just follow the cliff on the left until you reach a bridge. Cross the bride and then head immediately left and follow the building wall back around to where the bridge is. You should run into a chest that contains the stone armor. If you don't have around 22 or more endurance you'll need to get Havel's Ring by heading through the door that was immediately before the Taurus Demon fight (The mini boss before the red dragon bridge) and taking out the miniboss that you run into at the bottom of the stairs. It's an easy fight just don't get hit and backstab him until he is dead.

#7 Posted by MrMuscle (447 posts) -

@McDunkin said:

You can get a set of stone armor from a chest that is far better than the eastern armor and elite knight armor (as well as the gold-hemmed black armor). You will need to either be able to get past the crest door in the darkmoon garden or you can get into the same area by taking a back entrance where the hydra is in the darkmoon basin. If you managed to kill the hydra you can take a ladder up by the large waterfall and then get into the back of the garden that way without having to buy the key for the crest door. The enemies here will likely kill you though so I would really recommend just helping people kill the capra demon a couple of times to get the 20k souls for the crest from the blacksmith in the undead parish

If you go through the crest door be sure the break the wall and checkpoint at the bonfire because most of the enemies in this area will kill you in a single hit. There are five humanoid mobs to take care of which you can do normally or you can glitch them into running off of a cliff by standing on the ledge to the left of the stairs that you go down after going through the crest door. After that just follow the cliff on the left until you reach a bridge. Cross the bride and then head immediately left and follow the building wall back around to where the bridge is. You should run into a chest that contains the stone armor. If you don't have around 22 or more endurance you'll need to get Havel's Ring by heading through the door that was immediately before the Taurus Demon fight (The mini boss before the red dragon bridge) and taking out the miniboss that you run into at the bottom of the stairs. It's and easy fight just don't get hit and backstab him until hes dead.

That was some awesome info right there. Thanks a bunch! Im wearing the gold-hemmed but im definately going for this when i start playing tonight.

#8 Posted by JacDG (2127 posts) -

@MrMuscle said:

@McDunkin said:

If you go through the crest door be sure the break the wall and checkpoint at the bonfire because most of the enemies in this area will kill you in a single hit. There are five humanoid mobs to take care of which you can do normally or you can glitch them into running off of a cliff by standing on the ledge to the left of the stairs that you go down after going through the crest door. After that just follow the cliff on the left until you reach a bridge. Cross the bride and then head immediately left and follow the building wall back around to where the bridge is. You should run into a chest that contains the stone armor. If you don't have around 22 or more endurance you'll need to get Havel's Ring by heading through the door that was immediately before the Taurus Demon fight (The mini boss before the red dragon bridge) and taking out the miniboss that you run into at the bottom of the stairs. It's and easy fight just don't get hit and backstab him until hes dead.

That was some awesome info right there. Thanks a bunch! Im wearing the gold-hemmed but im definately going for this when i start playing tonight.

fantastic, will do this as soon as I finish up Blight Town!

#9 Posted by 00badkarma (1 posts) -

Well there are lots of good armors but most depend on your play style so us just listing good armors may not matter if you dont like that armor type. But here are some good armors for all the basic groups. Light: Gold-Hemmed (found at the altar in the ceaseless discharge boss fight) and also crimson robes (found on a dead body somewhere in blightown). Medium: Ornstein's armor (in order to get this armor you must get to anor londo fight ornstein and smough and you HAVE TO!!! beat smough first then kill ornstein, after beating both go back to firelink shrine and find the merchant under the bridge he sells it but only does after you finish the boss fight.). Heavy: Smough's Armor:(in order to gt smough's armor you must get to anor londo fight ornstein and smough and you HAVE TO!!! kill ORNSTEIN FIRST!!! then kill smough, after beating both go back to firelink shrine and find the merchant under the bridge he sells it but only after boss fight.) and Giant Armor+5(this armor fully upgraded is one of the best armors in the game but it costs alot fo souls to make it all plus 5 it takes close to 300,000 souls but its better than almost any armor, to find it go to the giant blacksmith in anor londo and buy it off of him then upgrade it to all of the set being plus 5 and then your done.). I hope this info helps all of you guys out there if you think i am wrong please tell me because i want to find better armors too. Have a great day and keep on surviving ;).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.