Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Where do I go from here... So tempting to buy a guide...

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By nohthink

So I before I purchased this game, I had to prepare for myself. I hated Demon Souls and I still believe this game is for crazy people. But I really wanted to try just to see what is going on in this game. Now, I kinda see why people are liking it but man... I'm stuck and I need you guys' help to figure it out where I'm supposed to from here.

I'm in Undead Parish. I got cool knight shield, Drake's Sword(thanks to whoever wrote that message) but I have not found any cool armors yet. If I go onward, I face this headless weird looking demon thingy that shoots lightening. Since the game does not tell you where you should go, I thought I should give it a try. After about an hour, the most damage that I have done to it was about one third of his health. It did not look impossible but I thought "If I did not have Darke's Sword, this would be impossible for me." So I went to the cathedral looking building and took the elevator, went back to the beginning area(Firelink Shrine) and tried going down. Now that I leveled up a bit and have a better weapon and shield, I thought I could definitely go this way this time. Skeletons were definitely easy to kill and the giant skeletons were annoying but not impossible. But, again, I started thinking, "without the sword, I bet this is a lot harder."

So I honestly do not know where I'm supposed to go. Should go and try to kill the headless demon or do I go down and kill the skeletons?

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By musclerider

@nohthink: Neither, go up the stairs next to the elevators in the church and go fight the boss on the roof.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nohthink

@musclerider: Well... that's rather anticlimactic... Thanks lol

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Klei

Don't purchase a guide. Just youtube the video walkthroughs.
    ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ttocs

I picked up the guide yesterday after work and I have to say it's the best strategy guide I have ever purchased. It's hard cover (for the same amount other soft cover guides cost) has a ton of art, details every enemy and how t beat them with pretty much every play style, provides maps, lots of bathroom reading (stuff you don't need to know but is cool to read while taking a dump) and is just an all around excellent guide.

For 25 bucks, I can't recommend it enough.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By gla55jAw

@nohthink: Kill the boss on top of the tower and ring the bell. I have the drake sword and killed the headless demon by the blacksmith you're talking about on the first try. You should probably summon some help for the boss then after you ring the bell level up a bit.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nohthink

@gla55jAw:

@musclerider:

I guess I'm really bad at this game because I just cannot kill that boss!!! ARGH!!! Why does his friend appear and just start breathing fire??!! He kicks me off the roof, if I get corner, both of them breathe fire on me nonstop!! God... and the worst part is, I think I can do it if I'm a just a little bit more careful! But I'm having so much troubles killing the bell gargoyle... Managed to pick up the axe though...

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By CL60

Demon's Souls isn't for crazy people. It's actually quite easy when you know what you're doing.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gla55jAw

@nohthink said:

@gla55jAw:

@musclerider:

I guess I'm really bad at this game because I just cannot kill that boss!!! ARGH!!! Why does his friend appear and just start breathing fire??!! He kicks me off the roof, if I get corner, both of them breathe fire on me nonstop!! God... and the worst part is, I think I can do it if I'm a just a little bit more careful! But I'm having so much troubles killing the bell gargoyle... Managed to pick up the axe though...

You're not bad, the bosses are hard. The second gargoyle comes in after a little bit and and I believe he is the fire breather. I summoned a player phantom to help me and the guy pretty much destroyed them and got me an axe. You can summon the Sun Knight if you're playing offline, otherwise you can summon up to 3 other player phantoms to help you. Just make sure you are human and you can summon people. There is usually summon signs right before the exit to the roof. It shouldn't be hard with at least 1 other player, since one can distract and the other can attack from behind.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mars

@nohthink said:

@gla55jAw:

@musclerider:

Use Humanity to become human, there is a Knight locked in the church before you go to the roof. Let him out of his cell and he say's he'll repay you later. Once again, must be human ... when you go upstairs, before you traverse the white light, there will be a summons sign on the ground. He will come and fight with you and is quite the tank. I spanked the gargoyles with his help on the first try.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gla55jAw

@Mars said:

@nohthink said:

@gla55jAw:

@musclerider:

Use Humanity to become human, there is a Knight locked in the church before you go to the roof. Let him out of his cell and he say's he'll repay you later. Once again, must be human ... when you go upstairs, before you traverse the white light, there will be a summons sign on the ground. He will come and fight with you and is quite the tank. I spanked the gargoyles with his help on the first try.

I didn't know you could summon "goldie" too. So you can use him or the Sun Knight. Interesting.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ninjakiller

@Klei said:

Don't purchase a guide. Just youtube the video walkthroughs.

That and read faqs. Why pay money for something you can get for free?

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ichthy

For the gargoyles just use the gold pine resins. Gives weapon lightning and you will rip through them.

@ninjakiller: Because in this case the guide is practically a collector's item itself. I don't know about some people, but I have this weird hard-on for very well put together reference books of any sort.

WithoutRemorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WithoutRemorse

It is by far the best strategy guide I have ever purchased, due to it being well written and beautifully put together. It almost seems like a necessity with certain parts of the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.