Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Where's the save data located on ps3? Backing up-related

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

I recently swapped HDDs (going from 40 to 500 Gb) and I was sure I had uploaded everything in the save data folder to the ps3 cloud. Is it stored in the annoying profile data stuff? Is there way to hook up my old HDD to a PC and get my old data back, or won't PC accept a ps3-formatted laptop HDD?

I lost my sl290-ish character on boot up.

This might better on Ps3 forum but I though Darkies would know to help me.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It takes a while for your saves to be seen when you swap HD on PS3. The cloud stuff probably used a little bit of the local files so it could be visible. If you uploaded them they are there. It just takes a while, maybe 30 minutes, for them to show back up.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By development

The one file that's like 500mb is the patch file. You don't need that. I'm not sure if the save file is available to transfer, but I think it is, and it's much smaller than the patch file.

Also,

Darkies

I don't think you thought that one through, man.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

If I recall correctly it is in the Save Data with all the other PS3 games (except LBP). It has restrictions on it though. If you upload it to the cloud you can't access it for 24 hours. If you download it then you can't upload it again for 24 hours.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@mosespippy: That is only for save locked games right? I didn't think Dark Souls save was locked.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@demoskinos: Dark Souls save is definitely locked. I remember trying to reload from the cloud after I used Anastacia's Fire Keeper Soul.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.