Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Where to go after the 1st Bell?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Tennmuerti

Ok I'm starting to get kinda stonewalled after beating the 1st proper boss.
    Tried going to kill the Capra Demon and that fucker makes a cute sandwich of me with his dogs.
    Tried going to the watery ghost area and after clearing it out there is no way to move forward, a locked door to some kind of contraption and unopearable lever/lift.
    Ar this point I'm starting to consider the foresty area behind the Titanite Demon.

What's the best way to proceed you guys found?

punpun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By punpun

Capra Demon is the way to go

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @punpun said:
    Capra Demon is the way to go
    fuuuck
    punpun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By punpun
    @Tennmuerti: Well it's at least a way to go. There might be alternate routes too. Somebody posted a link in your other thread that might help.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Seppli

@Tennmuerti said:

Ok I'm starting to get kinda stonewalled after beating the 1st proper boss. Tried going to kill the Capra Demon and that fucker makes a cute sandwich of me with his dogs. Tried going to the watery ghost area and after clearing it out there is no way to move forward, a locked door to some kind of contraption and unopearable lever/lift. Ar this point I'm starting to consider the foresty area behind the Titanite Demon. What's the best way to proceed you guys found?

Second Bell in some poison-infested shithole underground. There's a tunnel from Drake Valley going there. Dunno - opened a gate with my Master Key to get into Drake Valley from the area where the first elevator leads down to. I suppose you'll have to ring the second bell before progressing further.

I am currently doing preparations for that trip. Farmin' some poison cures and saving up for that poison resistance ring for 15k souls from the belltower NPC. First time around I got poisoned by the first dude using blowdarts, which killed me over time. Luckily I had my wits about me and realized this would happen and backtracked as far as I could to avoid a horrid corpserun experience.

PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR ÜBER POISON!

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Capra demon is actually pretty easy if you know how to handle him. What I did was run up the stairs on the left, and then headed out on the bridge to the right. Just stand there and defend, and sooner or later, Capra will fall down. When he does, jump down and swing your weapon like with the Taurus Demon, and bam, that's about 1/5th of his health or so gone. Block and move back up the stairs and do it ocne more. Rinse and repeat, mate. Naturally take out the dogs the first time you get up there.

I attempted tackling the Moonlit Butterfly, but if you're having issues with Capra Demon, I do NOT recommend it. That boss is the easiest in the game once you have Capra behind you, but probably the hardest if you haven't.

I'd suggest trying to tackle Capra Demon some 3-4 times, see how you fare. Get a shield that blocks physical damage, and remember when jumping down, two-handed is your friend. If this doesn't work, just farm the knights outside of Belfry Tower for a few levels, and there you go.

Goboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Goboard

Beat the Capra Demon and use the key he drops to open the door in the alleyway below the area that you fight him in. That will take you to the depths. After you get to the depths you need to beat the giant gaping dragon. It'll give you a key that opens a set of double doors that will take you to Blightown. From there you will begin to really hate this game because Blightown is a bitch! Don't know what else to say because I'm still stuck on Blightown.

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

@Seppli: Duders, you have NO idea what you're up against. I'd actually advise against taking the route through Drake Valley, the drakes there are fucking ridiculous, and in order to reach Blighttown, as the place is called, you need to kill an undead dragon as a mini-boss. He is NOT easy. Unless you have like 40 firebombs or 200 arrows.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By strainedeyes

I went into the forest after the 1st bell and took out the giant Butterfly. Then I went to the undercity and tackled Capra. The butterfly is easy as hell, just roll away from its projectiles and swipe when it lands. Easily the most pleasant boss fight of the entire game (Even easier if you kindle the fire closest to it and just heal every so often).

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Seppli

@Do_The_Manta_Ray said:

@Seppli: Duders, you have NO idea what you're up against. I'd actually advise against taking the route through Drake Valley, the drakes there are fucking ridiculous, and in order to reach Blighttown, as the place is called, you need to kill an undead dragon as a mini-boss. He is NOT easy. Unless you have like 40 firebombs or 200 arrows.

Erm... I already was in Blight Town that way. I chose the Master Key as gift for my Deprived. There's a nifty back door for us lucky Master Key guys in the area under the first bonfire (down the elevator).

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tennmuerti

Thanks for the encourgement fellas.
    I just had a lunch and came back to the Capra Demon fresh.
    After a few tries I didn't get stuck between him and the dogs, killed the dogs and from then on he was easy.

I think I'm before the Undead Dragon near those doors you mentioned.
    Wandering whether or not to buy a crystal shield or sword or teleport back to level up cause the fire is kinda far away and I don't want to loose 7k souls to the boss :P

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

@Seppli: I meant taking the route through Valley of the Drakes, mate. Blighttown in itself isn't much of a worry, but the bloody Undead Dragon guarding the entrance to it in Valley of the Dakes is a bastard to deal with. I'd suggest tackling him, though, you get a very nifty sword and what is most likely the best fire-warding shield in the game, not to mention some 15000 souls. (10000 from the boss, and there's an soul that grants you another 5000 if I remember correctly.)

Also, if you move down to Blighttown through that passage, next to the giant wheel, there is a set of Crimson armour, which is pretty damn good if you haven't yet gotten the one from fighting Ceaseless Discharge. There is also (hidden among a pack of dogs and guys with blow-pipes) another one of 'em Firesouls, (forget the name), the one you use to upgrade your estus flask with.

management

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By management

Where do I go to get to this Capra Demon? After I rang the first bell I went to the blacksmith and then on to the butterfly demon. The butterfly demon absolutely owned me and now I don't know. I feel like I have been through the entire map up to The Valley of Drakes, where I decided to turn back.

A description of the way to the Capra Demon would be great.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Management said:

Where do I go to get to this Capra Demon? After I rang the first bell I went to the blacksmith and then on to the butterfly demon. The butterfly demon absolutely owned me and now I don't know. I feel like I have been through the entire map up to The Valley of Drakes, where I decided to turn back.

There is an entrance to lower part of Undead Burg through the locked tower at the start of the Drake bridge. If you killed the Gargoyles you should already have the key.
    Lower Undead Burg is small, so you should be able to find the white fog that leads to him relatively easy.
    management

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By management

@Tennmuerti said:

@Management said:

There is an entrance to lower part of Undead Burg through the locked tower at the start of the Drake bridge. If you killed the Gargoyles you should already have the key. Lower Undead Burg is small, so you should be able to find the white fog that leads to him relatively easy.

Thanks for the tip. Now I have something to do besides running around grinding again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.