Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Where to go now?

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By ADAMWD

Alright, so I've rung the bell in the Church, and I've killed the Capra Demon and the Titanite Demon. There are a lot of different way I can progress now. Should I start heading for the second bell which I assume is past the animating skeletons near Firelink Shrine. Or should I head deeper into the forest that the Titanite Demon was guarding. Also, I could progress deeper into the Undead Burg depths, I stopped exploring after I killed the two butchers and almost got killed by this thing that fell out of the ceiling and started eating me. Or maybe I should just grind out some souls and level my character.

Does it really matter at all where I go next, or should I just say fuck it and just go explore one of those areas expecting to get my ass kicked?

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By MetalBaofu

I don't think it matters, as long as you can handle the enemies wherever you go. Personally, when I was where you are, I went to the depths. After that I went to that forest some and then went to Blighttown for the second bell.

ThePhilatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By ThePhilatron

I'd suggest going through the depths and blight town. After that you'll unlock Sen's fortress, which should be your next course of action.

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MrCandleguy
    @ADAMWD said:

Alright, so I've rung the bell in the Church, and I've killed the Capra Demon and the Titanite Demon. There are a lot of different way I can progress now. Should I start heading for the second bell which I assume is past the animating skeletons near Firelink Shrine. Or should I head deeper into the forest that the Titanite Demon was guarding. Also, I could progress deeper into the Undead Burg depths, I stopped exploring after I killed the two butchers and almost got killed by this thing that fell out of the ceiling and started eating me. Or maybe I should just grind out some souls and level my character.

Does it really matter at all where I go next, or should I just say fuck it and just go explore one of those areas expecting to get my ass kicked?

I killed the gaping dragon in the depths, but now i am going through the forest as the first guy in blight town murdered me super fast.(blight town is further in the depths)
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Hooded

Theres a boss in the forest, 2 infact. Depending where you go. I'm about where you are, i've just beaten the Gaping Demon, entered Blighttown (at first bomfire). I dont find any of the guys in Blighttown a problem but I have grinded up for a long time (now earlier level 40's).

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By bushpusherr

As stated, goin through the depths will get you to Blighttown, which is where the second bell is. Doing that also opens up like 3 other areas. It is also probably the most appropriate place to advance regarding typical level progression.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Milkman

Death is the only escape.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By McShank

skeletons are where the catacombs are which require a blessed weapon to actaully kill them. Second bell is in the swamp which is in the depths (After sewers and blighttown) Forest is more of a side area for farming and finding more items / bosses. If you wanted to, you can skip this place entirely. New londo is also a place u go later, as there is a door you cant open without the key which i have yet to find.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MetalBaofu

@MrCandleguy: I assume you are talking about those kinda big dudes in Blighttown. I sorta cheesed my way passed them. Get them to chase you and you can run back and climb the ladder and they proceed to just run off the cliff and die. Did that for almost all of those guys that I ran into while in Blighttown.

randyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By randyf

The guys that inflict Toxin on you in Blighttown are a real problem. The best way to get past them is to go to the forest and kill the tree people so they drop the herbs that cure it. You could also kill the first forest boss while you are there. Get a handful of those toxin cures, head back to Blighttown, and use the cures to kill the toxin dart shooter guys (who don't respawn when you rest or die).

An EXTREMELY easier way to get down to Blighttown is to use the Masterkey (provided you picked it as a gift), head down to New Londo Ruins via Firelink Shrine, and after the elevator, take an immediate right into a spiral staircase. You can unlock the gate there with the Masterkey which takes you to Drake Valley (I think) and then you cross a wooden plank and there's a cave to the right of the plank. The cave leads you to the bottom of Blighttown, right next to a bonfire AND the boss. It's much easier to go that way than through the depths.

I hate Blighttown so much. The framerate is a terrible, the enemies hit really hard, and it's a LONG way between bonfires. The faster way you can get in and out, the better.

Avatar image for apackofnewports
    apackofnewports

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By apackofnewports

@metalhead87: Those guys look scarier than they actually are. You just need to pull them one by one, then keep your shield up and strafe around them since they take forever to get a hit off, then back stab twice. That's it.

Got through Blight town at lvl 20. Kept forgetting to level up and spend my souls so i ended up losing about 40K after falling off a platform. epically annoying.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MetalBaofu

@apackofnewports said:

@metalhead87: Those guys look scarier than they actually are. You just need to pull them one by one, then keep your shield up and strafe around them since they take forever to get a hit off, then back stab twice. That's it.

Got through Blight town at lvl 20. Kept forgetting to level up and spend my souls so i ended up losing about 40K after falling off a platform. epically annoying.

Yeah....I was fighting them at first. Found out about making them fall after I had died at some other parts, then I just kept doing it because it was faster than fighting them again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.