Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Void

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jan 15, 2010

Rocket out of the void and save a group of stranded humans from an alien force in Dark Void.

First reviews are in for Dark Void (via Metacritic)

• 67 results
    DRE7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By DRE7777

I never had high hopes for this game, but I am a little surprised at those really bad scores. That being said, the PC Zone UK review is a terribly written review. It seems like it was written by some emotional 15 year old and not a professional. The only thing that review convinces me of is that I should never listen to them for any of my gaming questions, not that I would have anyway. 

I guess we will all just have to wait and see how truly bad this game is. I'll probably just rent this game from Gamyfly anyway.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Linkyshinks

In house Lost Planet 2 will be solid, that's what I'm looking forward to..

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Alex_V
    @SeriouslyNow:  

Black and White has a metacritic score of 90, so a score of 93% doesn't provide any evidence of corruption or poor reviewing. A lot of people loved that game when it was released.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By Snail

I was expecting this. I never understood the hype, the game always looked average to me.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55  Edited By buzz_killington

The PC Zone review is really bad. It never tells exactly what was wrong with the specific point it is critisizing. It just oversimplifies everything to a point where it sounds like the author holds some kind of grudge against all games that use UE3.

But still, bad news.  I've got a feeling that Capcom Japan is gonna massively downsize Capcom US. Any project Capcom US has directly overseen has failed pretty bad.

zkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By zkilla

One thing everybody should remember normally game magazines don't review final copies

sometimes they don't even finish the game

This could be one of those cases also it's gamepro and PC zone UK when IGN, Gamespot , Gamespy and Giantbomb give it a score loke that then you worry

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Zereta

Unsurprising but Ouch :(

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#58  Edited By Little_Socrates
    @RiddleBrother: I'm a big fan of Dead Space, Dead Rising and the Resident Evil franchise. Also, Devil May Cry's pretty good, if a bit hard for me (I began on Devil May Cry 3, which apparently is the hardest game, so I'll be trying the rest of the franchise later.) 

Also, Street Fighter is in the upper echelon of fighting games IMO. Not a fan of Tekken, Virtua Fighter or Mortal Kombat myself.
    Avatar image for aperturesilence
    ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By ApertureSilence

Ooghhhh... this is truly unexpected coming from the developers of Crimson Skies, one of my favorite games. Shame. 

Oh well, time to cancel my preorder.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#60  Edited By Little_Socrates

These guys made Crimson Skies? I didn't realize that, that makes me more hopeful for its future reviews. 

If those are just as bad, THEN we know it's a sham. Knowing that it's the CS guys, though, gives me a lot more hope. (Still glad I didn't preorder, though.)

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By Afroman269

As much as I don't care for those reviewers, it looks like the game may turn up as a generic third person shooter. Looks like I may have to drop this from a buy to a rent.

RiddleBrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By RiddleBrother
    @Little_Socrates said:
    " @RiddleBrother: I'm a big fan of Dead Space, Dead Rising and the Resident Evil franchise. Also, Devil May Cry's pretty good, if a bit hard for me (I began on Devil May Cry 3, which apparently is the hardest game, so I'll be trying the rest of the franchise later.)  Also, Street Fighter is in the upper echelon of fighting games IMO. Not a fan of Tekken, Virtua Fighter or Mortal Kombat myself. "
    Ah, you're right, there was a lot to like about dead rising. I can't argue with the quality of games like Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, or Street Fighter, but I can honestly say that I've made an earnest attempt to enjoy recent games from all of those series, and I just can't get into them.
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Binman88

Two more reviews up, PS Official Magazine seemed to have a significantly more enjoyable time with the game. 

Playstation: The Official Magazine
    80While the shooting and platforming elements don't individually ignite the gameplay experience, when Dark Void combines them with the superb aerial combat, the action soars and the game's potential is fully realized. [Feb 2010, p.78]
    Official Xbox Magazine
    Tedious ground combat makes up the majority of the game, and the cool cover concept and sci-fi story are strong, but blown opportunities. [Feb 2010, p.86] 
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By captain_clayman

rental

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
    spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

yeah, i kind of figured this game would get mediocre reviews judging from the videos that capcom has released. but oddly enough, i actually thought the demo was better than i expected and i was starting to change my tune with this game. but i guess it turns out my gut instinct was correct in this case.

applet0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By applet0n

Can't say I'm surprised. Oh well, always worth a quick rental when there's nothing else to play, I suppose.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By ThomasP

I'm rooting for this game because I love the premise, but I've been prepared for the worst since the demo impressions started rolling in. I'm not surprised, just disappointed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.