is this game worth 8$

#1 Edited by discost3w (152 posts) -

Should I buy this game for 8$?

#2 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

maybe. gimme 9 bucks and i'll tell you.

#3 Posted by Marokai (2883 posts) -

Sure. It's harmless enough as a game, it's just kind of generic. Mediocre if you want to get too tough on it. But it's a perfectly fine game and if achievements are your thing, the 360 version hands them out like candy.

#4 Posted by discost3w (152 posts) -

8.50 anybody?

#5 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Not really.  It's some nice ideas, wrapped in repetition, console quality Unreal 2.5 with Nolan North.

#6 Posted by xyzygy (9943 posts) -

Nolan North is annoying as fuck just as in every other game he's in, but the flying scenarios are insanely fun. The on ground action is terrible, it's a shame there are only really a handful of in air sections.

#7 Posted by wemibelec90 (1621 posts) -

In my mind, once you get a game under $10, it's usually worth picking up if you're curious. If it's under $5, why the hell not buy this even if you're never going to play it?

#8 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

@wemibelec90: but then why do people completely lose their fucking shit over $10 DLC?

#9 Posted by Zleunamme (655 posts) -

Nolan North can barely remember the name of that game. I would say no. You better off buying a digital download game.

#10 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11618 posts) -

Remember: If you buy a mediocre video game for dirt cheap, you may be financially better off than if you bought a good game for actual money but you're still spending 5-10 hours of your life playing a game that isn't very good. Every time I see Duke Nukem Forever on Steam for like $5 I'm tempted for about a second before remembering that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.