$27 for PC pre-order right now, thoughts on the game?

#1 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2706 posts) -

http://www.gamefly.com/Download-DARK/5005783/ Use code GFD20OFF

Done by Realmforge Studios, who made Ceville, which got a decent reception, and Dungeons, which got less than so. I like the cell shaded look of the game more than I thought I would and based on the small amount of gameplay footage out there, it looks like it could do some cool things.

Anyone else have an interest in Dark?

#2 Posted by kishinfoulux (2856 posts) -

The influences it has taken intrigue me. I feel it will be on of those "if you can look past the flaws" sort of games.

#3 Edited by Jams (3043 posts) -

never heard of it until now. I'm gonna look into it though.

#4 Edited by BeachThunder (13306 posts) -

Just like you, I'm still in the dark.

#5 Posted by Cameron (633 posts) -

It looks neat, but I'd hold off for now, especially given the developer's poor record. It's published by Kalypso and they frequently have big sales. I think I'll wait to see if it's any good and then wait for a sale if it is.

#6 Edited by Reisz (1607 posts) -

Looks interesting, I wouldn't have thought of that visual touch as cell shading. it just looks like normal representative graphics with dark outlines, it's an odd choice, just makes it look more game-ish to me. I don't know whether that would work with the tone of the game or not, but considering the source material, it doesn't seem like that good a fit.

Will check out some gameplay though, thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.