Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders II

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Players return to the post-Apocalypse in the sequel to 2010's Darksiders, this time as former protagonist War's fellow Horseman of the Apocalypse, Death, the pale rider, who seeks to resurrect Humanity to clear his brother's good name.

A Natural Tetralogy Seems to Be Emerging In Darksiders 2

• 131 results
    xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By xpgamer7

@GentlemanlyGentleman said:

Was I the only one slightly surprised by Death's voice? For some reason I was expecting it to be deeper, no idea as to why.

Same.

Whiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#103  Edited By Whiskeyjack

Oh boy!

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By capthavic
    @GetEveryone said:
      There are very few npcs and no towns to speak of (two things the sequel would benefit from), but what it does provide it does so with a high-level of polish.
    No it doesn't need more npc's or towns. You don't need more than one shop or a town full of idiots offering boring side quests. You're War/Death and your quest is to kick some ass...that's all !
    pkhilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By pkhilson
    @DeF said:
    @alternate said:
    Selling "You play as Famine/Pestilence" is going to be harder for any successive sequels.
    I had this discussion with a friend yesterday. My theory is that they put Famine and Pestilence in a facebook game :)   [click] to spend 200 souls on worldwide epidemic
    Actually, the first game's manual lists the other Horsemen's names as "Strife" and "Fury". There could be potentially tons of neat designs based on those names alone. I have faith in Vigil to come up with something interesting.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#106  Edited By jakob187

Gonna have to pick up the first game again and replay it before this comes out just to refresh myself on how fucking awesome Darksiders is.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@PKHilson said:
    @DeF said:
    @alternate said:
    Selling "You play as Famine/Pestilence" is going to be harder for any successive sequels.
    I had this discussion with a friend yesterday. My theory is that they put Famine and Pestilence in a facebook game :)   [click] to spend 200 souls on worldwide epidemic
    Actually, the first game's manual lists the other Horsemen's names as "Strife" and "Fury". There could be potentially tons of neat designs based on those names alone. I have faith in Vigil to come up with something interesting.
    All of the rough designs are already in place actually. Take a look at the concept art below. Joe Madureira knocked them out, too, I believe. They've stuck fairly closely to Death, so I imagine Fury and Strife would at least resemble their parts here, unless they go through a complete overhaul. 

@capthavic
    said:
    @GetEveryone said:
      There are very few npcs and no towns to speak of (two things the sequel would benefit from), but what it does provide it does so with a high-level of polish.
    No it doesn't need more npc's or towns. You don't need more than one shop or a town full of idiots offering boring side quests. You're War/Death and your quest is to kick some ass...that's all !
    Thanks for telling me what I actually meant. Fantastically helpful!  

Why would the side-quests be boring? There are plenty of games which put that misconception to bed. I'd imagined something ala Hellboy 2's Market. Riffing with demon life. It's all I ask: to be able to walk into demon town like a swingin' dick and either tear up ass or do some quests. Maybe I'm just hankering for Stranger's Wrath a little too much...
    Avatar image for tinygrasshopper
    TinyGrasshopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108  Edited By TinyGrasshopper

@S0ndor said:

I really liked Darksiders, but it's kind of weird to have a protagonist who's face does not animate.

I agree. I'm not sure I like a main protagonist who has no mouth. The overall body animation better blow my mind, because it'll be very difficult to convey emotion without a mouth. I doubt that much care is going in to the animation during cutscenes based on how cutscenes look in this and in the first game. At the same time though,a guy with no mouth feels at home in this universe.

I'm of two minds with Darksiders. Like Brad, I'm not a fan of the 90s comic book, Spawn-like art style. Not my thing. Doesn't feel dark or grimy. Feels teen-y, fake dark and grimy. Character and level designs that look like the stuff in Darksiders should look a little scary but it doesn't scare me in the least. It just looks a little silly.

But like Jeff, I agree that IT PLAYED SOO GOOD. Pacing was great. Lots of interesting features re weapons and slots. The horse was badass. The story was pretty interesting. The moment you sat down, it made you want to play more of it. They just need to give me that again, and it'll be great.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By Cincaid

@jakob187 said:

Gonna have to pick up the first game again and replay it before this comes out just to refresh myself on how fucking awesome Darksiders is.

I can help along the way:

It's fucking awesome!

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By sameeeeam
    @TinyGrasshopper: I feel you do the art style an injustice. It doesn't seem to be trying to be "dark and grimy."
    Taka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Taka

So does that mean, there will be two more darksider games in which you will take controll of the other horseman one at a time?

That Death-guy looks like a modern Version of Skeletor...

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By valrog
    @Taka said:

So does that mean, there will be two more darksider games in which you will take controll of the other horseman one at a time?

I sure hope so. Better than having more than one protagonist in one game, if you ask me.
    Nefhril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Nefhril

Oh yea! Darksiders is an awesome game, will be a day one buy for Darksiders 2!

milkman4591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#114  Edited By milkman4591

@alternate: exactly. given the ending of the first i am EXTREMELY disappointed in the direction they are going in. Concurrent is such a let down considering.

Seeing the other horsemen fall to earth was such a thrilling moment. Just imagine rolling on some mother fucker with the other 3 horsemen

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#115  Edited By buft

wait is that the same engine? it looks dated now i hope it gets a ton more polish because  i loved the original and although i will still play it there are lots of people who will be put off if it doesnt look just right.

katsu044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By katsu044

I new there was a reason behind me rewatching the ending last night! happy days people happy days. 
    just wondering if this is just gonna be Death story trying to help his brother or if you'll be playing as more then one horsemen.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#117  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Darksiders was a great game held back just by a few minor things like some of the puzzles.  I rather play as one new guy in each game.

Neorub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Neorub

I should really get around to playing that copy I have of the first one.
    Avatar image for deactivated-589b97df1f8d4
    deactivated-589b97df1f8d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I got a feeling that after they tell Death's side of his story and how it merges with War's. They will make the third, and final game that will determine the fate of everyone. You will take back your role as War, and Death will be fighting along side you( could be potential for co-op) and they will finish the story. Something like that, Im guessing.
    UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By UlquioKani

I'm expecting 5 darksiders games, 4 for the horseman and one to rap it all up

iBePeRFeCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By iBePeRFeCT

I cannot wait for this game. I need to finish getting my S rank on the first.  

citizenjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By citizenjp

WOW yes! Loved the first one. Glad to see some news on this!

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#123  Edited By capthavic
    @GetEveryone said:
    @capthavic said:
    @GetEveryone said:
    Thanks for telling me what I actually meant. Fantastically helpful!   Why would the side-quests be boring? There are plenty of games which put that misconception to bed. I'd imagined something ala Hellboy 2's Market. Riffing with demon life. It's all I ask: to be able to walk into demon town like a swingin' dick and either tear up ass or do some quests. Maybe I'm just hankering for Stranger's Wrath a little too much...
    Side quests are nothing more than dull padding if you ask me. If a game and story are good then why would I want to pull the brakes and do some random crap that doesn't advance the story or give anything but more money to spend on shit? They can have more characters but we don't need a hub town like every freaking game these days. And yeah maybe you should play strangers wrath instead.
    drakoleth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By drakoleth

Brilliant, Cant wait :D i guess i better clear up some trophies from the first one

EricWinholt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By EricWinholt

Thrilled! Can't wait can't wait can't wait ! :D :D

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By TheHT

@capthavic: Skyrim read your response and said 'nooooooope.'

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By valrog

@TheHT: But in Skyrim you're not a Rider of the Apocalypse, are you? I can't imagine what kind of sidequests would fit a Horseman, especially one on an important quest to clear his brother's name. I would love to see more NPCs, yes (Especially if they're as awesome as Vulgrim), but doing some petty quests just doesn't seem like it would fit the story.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By TheHT

@valrog said:

@TheHT: But in Skyrim you're not a Rider of the Apocalypse, are you? I can't imagine what kind of sidequests would fit a Horseman, especially one on an important quest to clear his brother's name. I would love to see more NPCs, yes (Especially if they're as awesome as Vulgrim), but doing some petty quests just doesn't seem like it would fit the story.

Well of course it would be silly if the sidequests were petty. But all sidequests in games aren't just dull padding and pettiness. If the devs put their minds to it I'm sure they could think of sidequests that compliment the main story or the game world.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death looks stupid, I wanna play as the gun guy

Avatar image for belligerentengine
    BelligerentEngine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dudes got a dumb face... just saying!

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#131  Edited By trylks

@S0ndor said:

I really liked Darksiders, but it's kind of weird to have a protagonist who's face does not animate.

Master Chief, all of the Protoss, well, they reflect anger and surprise with their eyes... but still...

@capthavic: How is Stranger's Wrath related with sidequests? I think I'm missing something here.

tomr711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By tomr711

@Alphazero said:

Looks awesome! First game was awesome and this also looks awesome.

But, didn't the ending of the first game imply:

Yeah, but we know now that DS II will take place in the same time line as the original, so we can only assume that each of War's brothers will have their own game set at the same time. Well, maybe that's how it'll work! I actually wrote an article about Darksiders, people's expectations for Darksiders II, and Zelda, so if you're interested in that, give it a read because I'd like to know what you think of my opinions. I'm trying to home my skills because I want to go into games journalism quite seriously, so the feedback would be greatly appreciated. :)

http://gameswhatwelike.tumblr.com/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.