Annoyed by Codes and Promotions

#1 Edited by Seppli (10250 posts) -

The game unlocked yesterday 01:00 AM for me. Didn't get to play it yet. Was like 02:00 AM when I went to bed. All I did was inputting promotional codes and reading up on what it all means. Anyways - back from a day at the lake, I decided to grab them promotional weapons for creating a myTHQ account and linking it to my game.

This supposedly should warrant me 2 further unlockable weapons. Something called a 'Van Der Schmash' and some kind of mace. Guess what... PR-bollocks starts to piss me off with the breadth of all this promotional crap, and then they don't even come through with the goodies. Not how I wanted to spend my time with Darksiders 2. Fucking hustlers.

We apologize, Steam codes are no longer available for this promotion.

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

@Seppli said:

What the hell does that mean? Shouldn't they be able to generate an arbitrary amount of codes?

Based on my experience and stories similar to yours, I don't think I'll ever be ordering anything from the THQ store or using any of their services again in the future.

#3 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

Ignore all promo and pre-order stuff. Don't sign up for websites or like facebook pages. If you get a code don't even put it in. Just toss it. Now none of that stuff exists and you're happier.

If it isn't in the game they sold you, then you don't need it. The only way to win the dumb PR game is not to play.

#4 Posted by Joeku (116 posts) -

They're also out of 360 codes for the mace. So that was pointless.

#5 Posted by Seppli (10250 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

@Seppli said:

What the hell does that mean? Shouldn't they be able to generate an arbitrary amount of codes?

Based on my experience and stories similar to yours, I don't think I'll ever be ordering anything from the THQ store or using any of their services again in the future.

Well - I just played the first half hour, and I'm blown away. The visual design, especially the animations, I love it. The smile on my face almost ripped my face in half.

This is going to be amazing. THQ might know how to piss me off with PR-bullshittery, but Vigil certainly has brought the goods.

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (15143 posts) -

I managed to get a code for the mace and the other van der schmash weapon. Funny thing is I just fed the mace to the van der schmash. Im still using that though as it is a pretty decent possessed weapon.

#7 Posted by _Chad (960 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

@Seppli said:

I did it last night and it says "while supplies last"

#8 Posted by MrOldboy (870 posts) -

I wish these preorder bonuses didn't exist anymore, especially for games with loot or RPG elements. It takes a lot of the character progression out of the opening 1/4 or more of the game. Once you hit level 5 the preorder weapons are good enough to use for hours, dont even bother with the loot it will only make you sad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.