Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders II

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Players return to the post-Apocalypse in the sequel to 2010's Darksiders, this time as former protagonist War's fellow Horseman of the Apocalypse, Death, the pale rider, who seeks to resurrect Humanity to clear his brother's good name.

Changing from PC to 360 as I start 2.

MstrMnyBgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MstrMnyBgs

Just finished Darksiders on the PC, and rather than buy it on steam or Greenmangaming for $30+ I was going to just gamefly it for the 360 and I had a couple of questions. Keep it spoiler free please.

Is there any reason to play it on the PC in regards to data from my Darksiders save influencing Darksiders 2?

Is there enough replayability to warrant a full price purchase on Steam rather than a one time rental? I didn't feel Darksiders had enough replayability for a full price purchase but I couldn't pass it up for cheap on the summer sale.

Sorry if this is a repetitive topic, just wanted to avoid searching for it in case I stumble across a title with spoilers in it.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Klei

I've never heard about save files merging to Darksiders 2 like the ME series. Maybe I'm wrong, but it won't change anything.

Darksiders 2 does try to add a lot more replayability, but to be honest, except a new game + with all your items there's very little else to do.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

I did hear that the 360 version has some slowdown issues here and there. The first one did as well. The PC version will run a whole lot better.

If you don't mind 30FPS with some slowdown then there doesn't seem to be any other difference between the two versions.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Wemibelle

All you get from having a save are a few pieces of gear. Nothing that's really worth it.

If you want to search for collectibles and do the (somewhat meager number of) side quests, you can do that on a second playthrough. I don't think it has much replayability, at least not much more than the first game.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By emem
    @MstrMnyBgs said:

I didn't feel Darksiders had enough replayability for a full price purchase but I couldn't pass it up for cheap on the summer sale.

Hm so for you a game that already takes 13+ hours to finish needs to have more replayability to justify a full price purchase?  

I'm always curious as to how and why people measure games in time spent, I personally would even pay full price for a very short game if it's really good.
    MstrMnyBgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By MstrMnyBgs

@emem said:

@MstrMnyBgs said:

I didn't feel Darksiders had enough replayability for a full price purchase but I couldn't pass it up for cheap on the summer sale.

Hm so for you a game that already takes 13+ hours to finish needs to have more replayability to justify a full price purchase? I'm always curious as to how and why people measure games in time spent, I personally would even pay full price for a very short game if it's really good.

Way to completely take my post out of context. I never said it isn't worth full price, it is only common sense to want to save money by renting a game rather than pay full price if I am only going to play it once.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By emem
    @MstrMnyBgs: Oh, I somehow totally ignored/skipped the sentence before the one I quoted... it wasn't intentional, sorry. I guess I'm used to reading that exact same thing over and over again and just wanted to hear an answer to the question shouting at/inside of me. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.