Character art reviled?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Sort of surprised I did not see any posts aobut this.  

It seems the new "hero" for dakrsiders 2 has been shown along with Fury and Death. 

Link 

Our new hero? 
I admit he does sort of look cool. But where does he fit in? The game is supposed to take place along side the events of the first. 
#2 Posted by Jimbo (9711 posts) -

That character art is fucking terrible.

Am I doing it right?

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
" That character art is fucking terrible.  Am I doing it right? "
Didnt you know one of the four horse men was a 5th and was a ninja? 
#4 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -

I'm sure I'm gonna catch hell for this, but..... 

Reviled means hated. 

I know, can't fix thread titles once they're posted.

#5 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

I pretty sure this concept art has been available since the game shipped on the artist's website.

#6 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@melcene said:

" I'm sure I'm gonna catch hell for this, but.....  Reviled means hated.  I know, can't fix thread titles once they're posted. "

No...I mean it....it looks stupid. Or at least i think so...well to a point. The ninja thing is sort of cool..but..in the context of the game its..sort of stupid. Its me playing on words
#7 Posted by EuanDewar (4514 posts) -
@Slaker117 said:
"I pretty sure this concept art has been available since the game shipped on the artist's website. "

Yeah I remember seeing this back in late 09 before the game had even shipped.
#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@EuanDewar said:
" @Slaker117 said:
"I pretty sure this concept art has been available since the game shipped on the artist's website. "
Yeah I remember seeing this back in late 09 before the game had even shipped. "
And I brought it here since I saw no word about it. But meh if no one wants to talk about it then we dont have to. 
#9 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @melcene said:

" I'm sure I'm gonna catch hell for this, but.....  Reviled means hated.  I know, can't fix thread titles once they're posted. "

No...I mean it....it looks stupid. Or at least i think so...well to a point. The ninja thing is sort of cool..but..in the context of the game its..sort of stupid. Its me playing on words "
Ok.  I didn't think you were the type to not know the diff between reviled and revealed, but I couldn't tell which context from your post.  Also, I agree but at the same time I've learned not to judge on character art.  
#10 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@melcene said:

" @The_Laughing_Man said:

" @melcene said:

No...I mean it....it looks stupid. Or at least i think so...well to a point. The ninja thing is sort of cool..but..in the context of the game its..sort of stupid. Its me playing on words "
Ok.  I didn't think you were the type to not know the diff between reviled and revealed, but I couldn't tell which context from your post.  Also, I agree but at the same time I've learned not to judge on character art.   "
I  hope they make him more well...sort of menesing. The horse men are supposed to be the bringers of Armageddon...They should impose fear and look intimidating.  

And what do you mean " You where the type to not know?" 
#11 Posted by FirePrince (1762 posts) -

Nope, that's one of the horsemen that appeared in media/wallpapers/artwork for the first Darksiders.
#12 Posted by Joker_777 (326 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man: I think he said that because you spelt menacing as 'menesing'.
#13 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@FirePrince said:

" Nope, that's one of the horsemen that appeared in media/wallpapers/artwork for the first Darksiders. "

No...thats Stryfe....hes the main guy for the new game. Aka ninja dude...anyways. He might have been shown off earlier. But I still think its a sort of stupid choice. 
#14 Posted by CaptainCody (1504 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @FirePrince said:
" Nope, that's one of the horsemen that appeared in media/wallpapers/artwork for the first Darksiders. "
No...thats Stryfe....hes the main guy for the new game.  "

Still very old.
#15 Posted by easthill (351 posts) -

Looks like a Turian.

#16 Posted by Syphous (170 posts) -

This is all the old character art from back when they thought they were going to make a 4-player co-op game. I don't believe any of this was/will be used.

#17 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2237 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:

" @FirePrince said:

No...thats Stryfe....hes the main guy for the new game. Aka ninja dude...anyways. He might have been shown off earlier. But I still think its a sort of stupid choice.  "
So when was it confirmed that you would play as Stryfe? 

Er, Strife. Don't know where you got that spelling from.
#18 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -
@melcene said:
You give me hope for mankind, I love you. 
 And also: 
@Jimbo said:
" That character art is fucking terrible. "
#19 Posted by Hailinel (22737 posts) -

And I thought it was ridiculous when they changed the names of two of the horsemen because they apparently weren't badass enough.

#20 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@528seven said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @FirePrince said:

No...thats Stryfe....hes the main guy for the new game. Aka ninja dude...anyways. He might have been shown off earlier. But I still think its a sort of stupid choice.  "
So when was it confirmed that you would play as Stryfe? "
I miss read the source. My mistake. But still it is stated that they other horse men will be along side war. And well..they do not look that good. 
#21 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2237 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
"And well..they do not look that good. "
Yeah. Darksiders' characters looked shitty in general. Kind of sad that a game backed by an established comic book artist can't have good character designs. Or story, for that matter.
#22 Posted by ProfessorEss (7123 posts) -

I'll wait till I see the actual in-game art.

I loved the art in the original Darksiders, and LOVED the gameplay, so I'm staying optimistic.

#23 Posted by PsEG (3491 posts) -

Closing per thread creator's request.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.