Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders II

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Players return to the post-Apocalypse in the sequel to 2010's Darksiders, this time as former protagonist War's fellow Horseman of the Apocalypse, Death, the pale rider, who seeks to resurrect Humanity to clear his brother's good name.

Darksiders 2 Console Issues

hangedtoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By hangedtoaster

Hey duders,

All this has been experienced on the 360 version of the game. I've put in around ten hours into Darksiders 2, I've had it completely lock up my Xbox 4 times now. That and the multiple load times through one single dungeon are souring the experience a little. Overall I;m still having a lot of fun playing it. Anyone else have similar issues on other platforms? Any thoughts on the game thus far?

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

I'm on the 360 as well I haven't had it lock up but I have had it stop to load at pretty consistent rate. It loads really quick most of the time so it's no big deal. Do you have it installed to your hard drive?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Installing the game has fixed the lockup for me and cut the load times to around 3 seconds for me.

briggs713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By briggs713

I've had the game lock up 5 times on my Xbox. The frame-rate is terrible and I never really care about that when reviewers say it.

MrToft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By MrToft

I can't access the Live part of the inbox to send items for the achievement, & ever since I got to the last world, the game locked on me 6 times; I even had to delete one of the two save files it keeps for each slot, because the damn thing locked up while saving, fucking up my file! After that, it worked fine, as I was at the last 20-30 by that point anyway, but still...

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By huntad

Wow! I wonder what the PS3 version is like.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By WarlordPayne

I think I've got about 20 hours into it on 360 and I've had two hard locks which, unfortunately, isn't any worse than any other game I've played this generation.

As for the load times, I get maybe two or three a dungeon when going through doors but with the game installed they're a second or two at most.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By PillClinton

I can't even play the game, because they still need to put out another patch or three to fix the bug that's blocking my progression. Well, I guess I could play, but I don't much want to start a new game when I'm 10 hours into this one.

Oh, just realized this is for console versions, ah well, it's all the same, I know these bugs are present on all versions. Buggy game is buggy.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Barrock

To the people having these issues, have you installed the game on to your hard drive?

Apollo87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Apollo87

Been playing the PS3 version and yeah it has locked up on me about 5-6 times, pretty annoying.

Avatar image for deactivated-60534c109535a
    deactivated-60534c109535a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Playing on PS3 the lockups is random,but frequently enough to get me angry.PS! if you experience lockup on ps3,eject the disc then insert the gamedisc,ps3 will then restart. Darksider II on ps3 is not properly coded/Lazy/buggy.This is 100% the games fault not the PS3 hardware.Have also experienced graphical glitches,triggers in the game world that do not work sometimes not letting me progress so i have to restart the game again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.