Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders II

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Players return to the post-Apocalypse in the sequel to 2010's Darksiders, this time as former protagonist War's fellow Horseman of the Apocalypse, Death, the pale rider, who seeks to resurrect Humanity to clear his brother's good name.

Darksiders 2 - How Much Do I Have Left?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I just got to the tree of Life, opening up a new world map so my guess is half way...hopefully. Game isn't bad or anything, just other games are itching at me to play and realistically, if I'm 2/3 of the way through, I'll power through but I doubt that and thinking of just stopping where I am and maybe someday returning and finishing it.

I am just doing the main stuff, if I come across side quests I'll pursue them but otherwise I'm not going near any of that. I have already put in 7 to 8 hours and sadly what I like isn't over coming the slog that bothers me currently (if my complaints will/might change on future events, let me know). As I said, game isn't bad but just not scratching the itch of the first game and probably would rather just go back and play that one. Narrative seems all over the place and not nearly as engaging as 1, slowly dishing out main items is a bummer (first game they are just throwing them at you and it was awesome), weapon stuff is weird and not interesting, so far bosses are annoying and not nearly as much fun as the first game. Just...man...yeah.

If the narrative hooks were better no problem staying but they kinda suck and/or confusing enough to push me away. Thanks for any info on helping me decide if I should stay or should I go now.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I would say you are more like 1/3 through, not 2/3. I think I put about 25 hours into Darksiders 2 and I hardly touched the side stuff. It's a pretty long game.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Ya there's still a bunch left to that game. The tree of life thing is maybe a third of the way through the game.

Looking back on it, while I like some stuff they did, I do think it can be more of a slog and full of filler than the first game. I liked it, though, despite itself, because I liked the character of Death, who played him, and some other stuff more than the first game (I liked the combat in the second game more). Taking out the arenas, for example, made it infinitely more enjoyable to play. I liked the bosses too.

To each their own, though. But ya there's still a ways to go.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I can't comment on Darksiders 2, but what I can offer is my experience of powering through games. Patrick nailed it right on the head in one of his late podcasts where he mentioned how powering through games sometimes makes him resent the games he's playing for one reason or another. If you feel that you're getting too much of a dose of a game, you may be better off just putting it down and following your itch for another game. Then you either get to the point where you itch to continue, or you become curious about whether you even want to so you check it out again. Don't ever FORCE yourself to power through a game because even 10/10 games can become a slog if you force yourself to play.

I've currently been powering through Bioshock infinite, and even though I'm loving the progression of the story and loving the combat, scenery, just about everything, it's still so much of one thing that I'm getting the feeling of wanting to pick up something else for a change and come back to it when I know I'll enjoy it.

In the end it's like candy, if you feel like you've had your fill now you wouldn't force yourself to keep eating it just cause you know it's good haha

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Man that is kind of a bummer to hear that I'm only a 1/3...does it get any better from the point I am at on?

@hurricaneivan29: I agree, I don't like to power through games unless I know there is something good coming that I might like, I'm not afraid to slog through something if I know the sun is brighter on the other side (see Minerva's Den which I didn't want to play more BioShock 2, but the story beats in that made it worth it and most of those are at the end of the DLC). But I know myself too well that if I put the game down, me completing it in the future is slimmer now as I have negative/indifferent opinions about the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, you've got a ways to go yet. I highly doubt anything that happens later on will really make you love the game, so I wouldn't blame you if you just stopped playing right now.

But yeah, Darksiders II. Man that game was disappointing. The huge but empty world, tacked on pointless loot system, repetitive dungeon design... I could go on and on about my problems with that game. The only thing I think they got right was Death, as he actually had character. Really hope Nordic Games doesn't fuck up DS3.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightriff: I've come to terms with not finishing games. I've learned that if I end up not going back to finishing a game, then it's something I truly didn't want the finish and not my fault that it didn't keep me entertained. Play the game, don't let the game play you. Lot's of fun and enjoyable games in the sea.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Ha, I remember getting to that point and thinking I was getting close to the end...then it turns out there's still heaps of stuff left :| You're definitely not even half way.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the game and I'd say that it's definitely worth playing on. Also, I'll just mention that I spent 62 hours on the game (according to Steam). Take that with a grain of salt though, I'm usually pretty slow at playing through games and I have a tendency to want to do everything.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@nightriff: This is mimicking what others already said, but if you aren't enjoying the game you shouldn't force yourself to play more. It just becomes a chore at that point and games should be fun.

I liked enough of it from the beginning for my own reasons to keep playing, but if you aren't liking it now you probably won't change your mind. These are B tier games, even if I do like them. Either you like them or you don't haha

Just sayin', though. I know what it's like to force yourself to keep playing. I finished AC4 not to long ago and at some point it felt like that because Ubisoft games these days have ridiculous amounts of filler and I just want to get on with it already. I liked AC4 a lot, but I cannot stand filler- especially when it feels necessary.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.