Darksiders 2 sidequests

#1 Posted by stryker1121 (1358 posts) -

Is there any reason to explore different dungeons on the map that aren't quest related, or do you have to obtain a quest before there's any point in entering a dungeon? I was headed toward a main quest objective when I entered

The Shattered Forge. Entering the dungeon didn't set off any quest but I saw online that the dungeon is related to some sidequest where you have to find a special hammer. Can I complete that quest by just going thru the dungeon or do I have to get the quest from an NPC first? Yeah I'm rambling but this is confusing to me. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
#2 Posted by wemibelec90 (1566 posts) -

I'm fairly certain you can get the item and receive the quest that way. On my New Game +, I got the quests for the hidden stones and the Book of the Dead pages by finding these items in the environment. I see no reason why other quests wouldn't be the same way.

#3 Posted by stryker1121 (1358 posts) -

@wemibelec90 said:

I'm fairly certain you can get the item and receive the quest that way. On my New Game +, I got the quests for the hidden stones and the Book of the Dead pages by finding these items in the environment. I see no reason why other quests wouldn't be the same way.

Makes sense, I suppose. Makes me think of Skyrim where I got the Dragonstone before officially getting the quest.

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@stryker1121 said:

@wemibelec90 said:

Makes sense, I suppose. Makes me think of Skyrim where I got the Dragonstone before officially getting the quest.

I was able to by mistake glitch to the top of the mountain over the gray beards. Before I even got my first shout. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.