Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders II

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Players return to the post-Apocalypse in the sequel to 2010's Darksiders, this time as former protagonist War's fellow Horseman of the Apocalypse, Death, the pale rider, who seeks to resurrect Humanity to clear his brother's good name.

"Death comes to all of us" trailer

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By altairre

I was going to buy this game anyway but damn, that trailer looks fucking awesome. I wonder why Death fights against War though. Only a few weeks to go...

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

BWAAAAAAMP

BWAAAAAAMP

Yeah looks cool, though. I never finished the first--only played my brother's copy when I was visiting home--so I guess I should do that. I always wavered between really liking it and finding its super serious Iron Maiden attitude kind of silly. I suppose War didn't get the job done?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JonSmith

@altairre:

That's not actually War. A dude named the Crowfather creates a fake War to fight Death in the first level of the game.

@CrossTheAtlantic:

He did. War found who was responsible and killed them. Turns out War was summoned because said dude had broken all the seals except the Seventh one, signaling the Apocalypse to happen without summoning the Horsemen. The Charred Council realized bad stuff was going down, but knew none of the Horsemen would ride until that last Seal was broken. So War was sent unknowingly, without his brothers and sister. The Charred Council had set him up, and then blamed him, knowing his honor would force him to seek out those responsible. He did, then broke the Seventh Seal, summoning the other three Horsemen to Earth to wage war against... Everyone, more or less. This takes place while War's doing all that crazy stuff.
    altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By altairre

@JonSmith: Thanks for the heads up. Probably shouldn't spoil myself that much but if it's in the first level already... I'll play it mostly for the gameplay anyway.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I'm excited.

Sunspots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sunspots

How much time has passed during the events of the first game and Darksiders2?

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong
    @Sunspots: None, Dev's said that the game takes place in the same timeframe as War's story.
    I think Death's working to clear his brother's name when he learns how he is framed for it in Darksiders 1 and this is that story.

I'm really looking forward to it.
    Even though some people say that they steal stuff like the wall walk I rather have that in the game than being forced to wait for a decent Prince of Persia game.
    Darksiders 1 was great, 2 looks bigger and better, now we just need the sequel to this to have 4 player co op for all the riders.
    Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@TaliciaDragonsong: Agreed. Yeah the first game took a bunch of stuff from other games but it all fit together in the best way. I think it's cool if devs lift mechanics from other games if they do it well. Still need to get around to finishing the first.

Sunspots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sunspots

Gerstmann said it best during the QL EX, "Only recently within the last 5 or 10 years has the language evolved to the point where you can say, 'oh this game is like this, this, and a bit of that in a way like movies are often talked about when describing them.'"

The Darksiders series wears their inspirations on their sleeves and doesn't try to hide any of the obvious mechanics they have taken inspiration from. It's done in enough of a tasteful, genuine way that the game ends up being better for it, and not a train wreck of a disaster it could have been if put in the hands of a less capable developer.

That being said, can anyone think of an example of a game that liberally steals gameplay, mechanics from others and fails miserably in being a good end product? I'm not thinking of any of those iOS clones/Facebook games, more along the lines of a console/PC game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.