delayed until august

#1 Edited by alternate (2682 posts) -

silly rabbit, you finish the game and then you lay off your staff.

http://www.darksiders.com/blog-post/darksiders-ii-release-date

#2 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

We no longer have enough people to finish our game.

Fuck.

Actually this works out, means I can wait til after my exams before finishing Darksiders 1.

#3 Posted by Mnemoidian (955 posts) -
Q.) Is Darksiders II being pushed back because of the recent layoffs at Vigil Games?
A.) No, the staffing changes at Vigil Games have not impacted the release date.

Well.

Anyway, still looking forward to it, don't mind it being delayed - not sure what's out in August vs June, might still be a decent time to release without being buried by competition, which could make people forget about it.

#4 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

OK, I can wait a little longer.

#5 Posted by darkvare (758 posts) -

time to get that s rank in darksiders until the second comes out

#6 Edited by Winternet (8006 posts) -

I encourage people to read the tiny Q&A. It's hilarious.

Also, here's the link.

#7 Edited by alternate (2682 posts) -

Q: Will this came make it out before THQ goes belly up?

A: :-(

Q: If this sells as poorly as DS1 will that be the last straw for THQ?

A: :-( :-(

Q: So this isn't a licensed wrestling game?

A: :'-(

#8 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7050 posts) -

Well fuck. This was my summer game too. Now it's releasing too late for that.

#9 Posted by alternate (2682 posts) -

@Mnemoidian said:

Q.) Is Darksiders II being pushed back because of the recent layoffs at Vigil Games?
A.) No, the staffing changes at Vigil Games have not impacted the release date.

Well.

Anyway, still looking forward to it, don't mind it being delayed - not sure what's out in August vs June, might still be a decent time to release without being buried by competition, which could make people forget about it.

The OMGpop guy turns his hand to PR,

A.) No. While the game needs some extra man-hours to be finished those staff laid off were all lazy worthless fucks who were all totally jelly of our success. Good riddance!

:D

#10 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@alternate: Sold enough for a sequel, I doubt THQ would do a sequel if it wasn't profitable.

#11 Posted by alternate (2682 posts) -

@mosdl said:

@alternate: Sold enough for a sequel, I doubt THQ would do a sequel if it wasn't profitable.

I partly jest. It sold 1m-1.2m depending on who you read - which for a title in dev for 3 years is under performing. They did send it out to die with zero promotion though so I can understand them wanting to double down on a sequel. Question is - do they have enough cash to promote it this time and does Joe Public have a clue what the fuck a Darksiders is?

#12 Posted by pyromagnestir (4243 posts) -

This reminds me I should really finish that first 1.

#13 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (438 posts) -

Definitely a bummer. I was hoping to have a few solid months to play this one before the busy fall release season.

#14 Posted by NegativeCero (2976 posts) -

Well, this can't be good for THQ. I guess it leaves me more time to try Darksiders.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.