Gifts to non friends?

#1 Posted by _Chad (963 posts) -

Is it possible to send gifts to people not on your friends list?

#2 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

In steam? Yeah, you can send them to an email address.

#3 Posted by Spectre2323 (3 posts) -

ive been having the same issue. and, i propose a solution. i have a powered up possessed hammer in offering of a friend request. i dont go into deals without something good to offer.

#4 Posted by Tennmuerti (7999 posts) -

@mosdl: How do you do this? When I try to send a gift it only offers me a menu for friends (from Steam) and i cant even send to them couse they don't have the game.

#5 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

@mosdl: How do you do this? When I try to send a gift it only offers me a menu for friends (from Steam) and i cant even send to them couse they don't have the game.

I think the email option only works for giftable games, not giftable items.

#6 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1317 posts) -

Why do you wanna send an item to someone that isn't your friend?

#7 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2307 posts) -

I don't believe so. Not really sure why you'd want to gift something to a stranger unless you want the achievement/trophy.

#8 Posted by david3cm (635 posts) -

For the achievement it has to be someone on your friends list who has played the game, and for someone going for the S rank and not having anyone on my friends list play the game, it's somewhat frustrating. If only someone playing this game would be willing to add clumthumb on xbox live so he could gain this achievement...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.