Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders II

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Players return to the post-Apocalypse in the sequel to 2010's Darksiders, this time as former protagonist War's fellow Horseman of the Apocalypse, Death, the pale rider, who seeks to resurrect Humanity to clear his brother's good name.

Glitches

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mikey87144

Just wondering what glitches you guys have encountered so far. So far 3 have popped up that might have prevented me from finishing the quests.

The first I encountered when facing that Fire bird monster. There is a room off to the side that you need to puzzle the door open on the upper level of that room. Well you have to make a ball roll down a ramp at one point of the puzzle. The ball stopped rolling right at the edge of the ramp and I couldn't push it off. Luckily, when I checked again later the ball was finally on the floor.

Next is a glitch were if you go to the crucible before you head to the tree of life you get teleported right in front of the tree of life after you leave and then a cut scene immediately starts.

The latest one I've encountered has not resolved itself yet. There is a part in a quest were you have to destroy some corruption around a pillar which makes it fall and creates a bridge for a construct. Bridge didn't fall so now I can't finish that quest until the game makes it fall.

peetr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By peetr

Press V to Enter Reaper mode.

V

V

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Nothing.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ares42

I can't remember if it was the first or second dungeon, but I had 2 seperate boulders glitch and get locked right after each other. Not exactly a great start to the game having to quit and reload the game twice in less than 5 minutes.

KingofClassy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KingofClassy

I am on PC and I can't use the overworld map on the 360 controller I keep pressing A but nothing (works fine on Keyboard.)

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

@KingofClassy said:

I am on PC and I can't use the overworld map on the 360 controller I keep pressing A but nothing (works fine on Keyboard.)

You're not the only one defeated by the map. The "press A" tooltip is wrong. Click the left stick to open the map.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By Seppli

@KingofClassy said:

You can, it's the same button as on the 360, only it's indicated wrong on the screen. Just push LS to toggle to overworld map and use quicktravel. Was quite irritated by this oversight too, until I figured it out.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By deanoxd

Finished the game on 360 and never had any problems finishing any quest, i did have a couple lock ups though but never lost progress.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I'm assuming this is a glitch. I've finished the first Book of the Dead chapter and have since collected three additional pages for chapter 2. I went to Vulgrim to sell the first chapter to him, but it's not showing in my inventory like it was when I first completed it. I'm thinking maybe the three new pages have somehow replaced the complete chapter and is preventing it from appearing. Kind of a bummer. Anyone know what the reward is for selling these to him? Is it just more loot?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ares42

@OneKillWonder_: ye, you get a key that opens the tomb with the door with colored runes. A good stash of loot in there, but ye, just more random loot.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe
    @Ares42 said:

@OneKillWonder_: ye, you get a key that opens the tomb with the door with colored runes. A good stash of loot in there, but ye, just more random loot.

Ah, I totally forget that I had already turned in the first chapter at some point then, because I have one of those keys sitting in my inventory, haha. Forget what I said about this being a glitch then.
    Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Genkkaku

Just ran into a glitch, it the Lost Temple, after you defeat the floating head thing, the wall flips around but if you try and wall run death stops just short and doesn't grab on.. Apparently not the only to hit this, tho I somehow managed to game it and got myself over the wall :D, so close to just giving up and not playing for a while

KingofClassy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KingofClassy

Thank you both Ravenlight and Seppli I am such an idiot: I went on the Darksiders forums with no help from them.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By david3cm

The only glitch I have run into on the 360 is having sound cut out after long periods of play, but simply saving and reloading fixed the problem.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By MildMolasses

I've had the sound glitch happen to me on the 360 as well. Other than that the only thing I encountered was one time activating reaper mode, he was frozen in animation and could do nothing other than glide around. And when the timer ran out, I was still stuck n reaper form and unable to do anything. At least I was invincible

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By whacknasty

So any word on patch dates to fix some of these? The bridge not falling in the Scar area is really bugging me... : /

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By GunstarRed

I've had a quest not end for me until I rode out of the area and back again. Fast Travelling to other places wouldn't fix it, but as soon as I rode to another area and rode back again the quest popped. Also in the Earth section the sound completely dropped out. Restarting the game from the menu wouldn't work, but it fixed itself after 15 minutes of trying to get it to work by switching the console off. The game immediately saved so I missed a little bit of the dialogue between Death and the Angel.

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By LegalBagel

I had a bunch of lockups on the 360. Sadly they usually happened when I was in the Crucible or Maze, forcing me to redo lots of boring combat. I ended up giving up on the Crucible for that reason, and skipping most of the Maze.

I also had a really unfortunate bug with the final boss - he got stuck in some weird loop and just kept swinging at the wall. Neither of us could damage each other. Had to restart the game to fix.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Klei

88th round of the crucible. I do mighty fine. About 50 minutes of gameplay. I turn into Reaper mode and... the model freezes. I can still move, but the Reaper itself is frozen in mid-air. I wait until the cooldown wears off... and it does nothing. Death is stuck within the Reaper, and I can still attack, with my scythe but it does 0 damage. Fortunately, the waves are saved every 25 or so.

majormitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 31

#19  Edited By majormitch

I've had plenty, starting with the standard game lock ups (two so far, and it's a sad day when that's considered "standard"). I've also gotten stuck in geometry and had to reload my game. The worst, which has happened twice in two drastically different spots, is when the story/quest scripting breaks. Both times I wasn't able to continue on the main quest for up to a half an hour before it straightened itself out... I thought I might have just been boned. This game is ridiculously buggy.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@mikey87144 said:

Next is a glitch were if you go to the crucible before you head to the tree of life you get teleported right in front of the tree of life after you leave and then a cut scene immediately starts.

I noticed this too. It's a bit disorienting, but it doesn't have any impact on progressing forward.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By shirogane

@Deathpooky said:

I had a bunch of lockups on the 360. Sadly they usually happened when I was in the Crucible or Maze, forcing me to redo lots of boring combat. I ended up giving up on the Crucible for that reason, and skipping most of the Maze.

I also had a really unfortunate bug with the final boss - he got stuck in some weird loop and just kept swinging at the wall. Neither of us could damage each other. Had to restart the game to fix.

Mm, i have a problem that seems to be happening to quite a few people where i can't get into the Maze at all, it just locks up every time.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By white

Picked up Black Demise in the Soul Arbiter's maze > Had a full inventory of Scythes > Apparently they sent it to my inbox > But the exit didn't appear =<

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.