Has anyone gotten their steam code?

#1 Posted by GenghisJohn (256 posts) -

I ordered from the thq store cause of the free dlc they were offering and got my confirmation email but no steam code. When I emailed them about it they sent me a URL that is apparently broken. Has anyone that ordered from the THQ store gotten their code yet? Thanks guys

#2 Posted by AlisterCat (5469 posts) -

It isn't available for another month, so I didn't think they'd be emailing anything out yet. I've emailed them with some questions about the steam side of it. Just waiting for a response.

#3 Posted by GenghisJohn (256 posts) -

Thats what I figured but the email the sent me was fairly confusing.

#4 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

I don't think they ever said you would get a steam code.

#5 Posted by GenghisJohn (256 posts) -

I'm pretty sure they are just going to email a steam code. One of the system requirements is a steam account

#6 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Darksiders II uses Steamworks so no matter how you acquire the game, it's gonna get activated on Steam. I can't imagine THQ doing anything else other than sending out Steam codes.

I do wish preordering from the THQ store was more clear about this, though.

#7 Posted by JoeyRavn (4945 posts) -

With "Steam code" you mean "serial key"? Yeah, you'll get one, just like you do with Amazon. But I assume they'll send it when the game is released.

#8 Posted by returnofjake (231 posts) -

If it's anything like Saints Row III which I got on the THQ store, they send the code out when it's ready to be downloaded.

#9 Posted by GenghisJohn (256 posts) -

@returnofjake: Thanks for the info, I can finally stop checking my email every 5 seconds :)

#10 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2682 posts) -

I ordered it back in June and I'd expect to get my Steam code within 24 hours of the release. That's how this always works.

#11 Posted by KingofClassy (68 posts) -

I am in the UK and noticed the deal they have (Game+Season Pass+Argul’s Tomb DLC, Maker’s Armour and Scythe set, and Metro 2033) but I don't have the Armour and Scythe, or Metro 2033 in my invoice: has anyone else? I asked support but they gave canned answers. not even near what I asked.

#12 Posted by AlisterCat (5469 posts) -

I got an email response today that said

You will receive a downloadable install that installs the game into Steam. Metro2033 is a Steam Works title as well that installs in Steam

I have no idea what that really means. A download that installs in to steam? What?

#13 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@AlisterCat: Same way you install Steam games form a disc - it installs the game using its own installer and adds itself to steam

#14 Posted by AlisterCat (5469 posts) -

OK, so I got around to purchasing it from the THQ store. It came with Metro 2033 which I already have but even though that is a steamworks game it makes me download it through a really crappy download manager. Since I was told by support that I would 'download' Darksiders 2 through them I am worried it is going to be the same as this. I hope that is not the case.

#15 Edited by Blind_Evil (306 posts) -

Steam codes for you PC guys that bought directly from THQ will be going out at midnight eastern tonight.

#16 Posted by CJduke (782 posts) -

@Blind_Evil said:

Steam codes for you PC guys that bought directly from THQ will be going out at midnight eastern tonight.

ok thats awesome

#17 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
#18 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2682 posts) -

I got mine last Friday (three days ago) and downloaded it on the spot (still locked until tonight).

#19 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Should unlock in 13 minutes if Steam is to be trusted

#20 Posted by GenghisJohn (256 posts) -

Just a heads up. I got my code from the Shop THQ store, so codes are out. Downloading now :D

#21 Posted by BeachThunder (11634 posts) -

Game's live now :)

Also, open source libraries as a menu option o_o - is there a concept page for that?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.