I think my save is borked, or something? Or else I'm just stuck.

#1 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -
At the second heartstone, I believe.

So, I'm playing Darksiders 2, and I seem to be a bit stuck. I already haven't had a lot of time to play games in several days so I kinda forgot where I was for a bit, and it took me a while to figure out which way I had come from and all that, but after some figuring, I couldn't really get any further than getting the weird vat things moving. I eventually went to a walkthrough, and it made it sound like I needed those bombs to explode the corruption crystals above that yellow stone cliff thingy in the picture. However, I was already able to destroy those easily before with my golem thingy, so I dunno what to do after this, because the walkthrough made it sound like there should be a chest that the big dude would throw me to behind where those crystals. But... I'm not seeing any chest there, and he will not go into the throw animation. Am I really stuck? With how the saves work, I'm hoping not, because if so, I'm totally fucked.

#2 Edited by ESREVER (2650 posts) -

Hm, he should go into the throw pose once you go near that wall. What platform are you on, out of curiosity.

Oh right, did you crush your golem already?

#3 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -
@MordeaniisChaos:  there's a stone crusher with a hole to ride the construct into.
#4 Posted by Vinny_Says (5681 posts) -

did you crush the rocks in the crusher yet? (I believe you it is in the right of the picture). Also if you are where I think you are, there should be a big pool of water nearby that leads to a wall you need to climb.

#5 Posted by Shirogane (3563 posts) -

Back near the start there's a water area, jump in and climb up the other side. It was the climbing wall in the cinematic when you walk in the area. You'll then be able to crush your golem and turn it into a ball to use.

#6 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Ok, but where the fuck do I use the ball?

#7 Posted by ESREVER (2650 posts) -

You use the ball in the room adjacent to that area. There will be a bunch of baddies in there I think. I don't remember if its lock via skeleton key, and if that skeleton key is in the chest you can't reach. Karn still won't go into his throwing pose?

#8 Posted by fflyash (139 posts) -

I'm not sure if it's the same on xbox or PC but the PS3 version does actually keep 2 saves although it will only allow you to load the most recent one. You just need to go into save game data and delete the most recent save and it will load the previous save next time it starts up. I'm assuming it's the same on other consoles but you should probably make sure it has kept a backup save before you try deleting anything,

#9 Posted by Heltom92 (699 posts) -

I think you have to roll it to the inside part and there should be a slot to put it in. Just explore the whole area and make sure you have been everywhere.

#10 Edited by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@ESREVER said:

You use the ball in the room adjacent to that area. There will be a bunch of baddies in there I think. I don't remember if its lock via skeleton key, and if that skeleton key is in the chest you can't reach. Karn still won't go into his throwing pose?

There is a skeleton door there for sure, and the chest with the key in it isn't accessible for me at the moment. Starting to sound like I'm boned if what @Verzzz: said doesn't help me. I've looked all around and the only place I haven't looked is beyond the locked door.

EDIT: Apparently I had a key all along. Really terrible place to put a checkpoint/easily broken and/or bypassed puzzle.

Now, how do I do the 100 level arena thingy?

#11 Edited by UberExplodey (924 posts) -

The Crucible? It unlocks once you reach a certain point in the game. You'll get a little message at the Serpent tomes, then you can have at it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.