Music that plays in the XMB on PS3 for Darksiders II?

#1 Posted by Silver-Streak (1347 posts) -

Anyone have any idea what song is playing on the XMB when you hover over the Darksiders II icon in the XMB on PS3?

It's very violin and percussion heavy, and as much as I have a disinterest in music, it's caught in my head.

Sadly, I cannot find it on the tubes of you, nor on amazon's soundtrack for it.

Any insight is appreciated.

#2 Posted by Anathem (126 posts) -
#3 Posted by Silver-Streak (1347 posts) -

Thanks for the links, Just went through all of them, and sadly none of them have anything that really sounds like the bit on the XMB.

#4 Edited by Silver-Streak (1347 posts) -

So, I'm still having no luck on this. I recorded what the XMB music sounds like. If anyone can find the title of this, or what song it's from, It'd be greatly appreciated:

http://www.twitch.tv/eujin/b/328879270

#5 Posted by SpiderguyZER0 (7 posts) -

I've been wondering this as well the closest I've come to finding it is about 3 minutes into the track The Corruption on the OST.

#6 Posted by Silver-Streak (1347 posts) -

@SpiderguyZER0: Yeah, it definitely has the same melody starting around then. I think the melody/the song I'm looking for is actually the overall theme of the game, as I'm pretty sure it plays on the intro cutscene with Death riding in. Sadly, that part is definitely not the piece I seek.

Thanks for at least helping track it down.

#7 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

Soundtrack by Jesper Kyd? That explains why it's so damn good. It compliments the amazing-ness of the art direction quite well.

#8 Posted by Calosin (5 posts) -

Yeah, somehow they omitted the best track in the game from the OST. Maybe Jesper didn't actually compose this piece? I have no idea. Either way..huge fail.

#9 Edited by Silver-Streak (1347 posts) -

@Calosin: It sucks, but here's hoping someone finds out it's title, or someone rips the audio files from the 360 disc/PC files, or something.

I'm tempted to ask on the DS2 boards themselves over at THQ.

#10 Posted by Silver-Streak (1347 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.